Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

3.6

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume, Invited to on Campus interview. Two 15-20 min interviews with two different people. Both interviews were cases, one with market sizing one without. No behavioral questions. The case itself is not too hard, just make sure to stick to the objective and not get off track. Because behavioral is not included in the first round, it is important to do really well on the two cases.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Skype Interview, two rounds, two cases.
    First case was a cost based case. The interview was very relaxed. However, the connection was poor, we were interrupted more than once which was anoying to both of us. The second interview was more group oriented with a case that required a lot of asking to obtain the information. Again, skype didn't do me a favor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disappointed other poeple you worked in a team with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super straight forward two cases. One was about pharma and the other was manufacturing. They were both profit and loss and they both were about calculating the break even point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview as part of on-campus recruitment. No fit section--straight into 2 cases case. They weren't that hard of cases--market sizing/profitability. One interview was with a senior Associate and the other interview was with a consultant. Try to nail your interview with the more senior person.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

First round interview: 2 back-to-back case interview. Received invitation to the second round, which is scheduled a week later, on the same day. Second round interview: 1 written case interview. Few behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Do you have any question for Bain?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I am currently an MBA candidate and applied for a full-time position as a Consultant; both interviews were held in the Bain office. I submitted my cover letter and resume online and was notified of my interview opportunity about a week later. The interview process and decision happened so quickly -- spoke volumes about the company culture and internal efficiency, imho.

I had my first interview on a Monday with two different people, both sessions about 45-minutes in length. The first was a typical strategy case. I was not asked very many behavioral questions; instead, the practitioner gave me time at the end to ask him questions. My second interview had one market sizing case, and one general strategy case with no numbers, just brainstorming/idea generation. Again, no significant behavioral questions asked here. My hypothesis is that they were gauging my overall "fit" throughout the case and in my general interaction.

I had my final round on Friday, which consisted of the dreaded "written case." All in all, fantastic experience, and I actually had a great time chatting with the partners -- not sure why I was so nervous. You spend about 50 minutes with a 40-slide deck on a client problem and do a predetermined set of calculations, then make a recommendation complete with risks and next steps/mitigations. You present the recommendation to the partners for about 10-15 minutes, then they ask questions for the remainder of the time. I made a few miscalculations, but they were really patient as I talked through my math and redid some of the quant stuff. I think the key here is to remain calm and professional, as they are testing your client readiness. Then we wrapped up with a couple of questions I had for them.

I got the offer call on Saturday. Literally took a week from start to finish! I was amazed.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from your summer internship?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university, process took around 2 weeks. Got called in for a first round interview - 2 30 minute interviews with different people. The first guy was nice and friendly, and he dived straight into a case interview, the second guy was more serious and asked some fit questions as well. I had a good time giving my first interview, though I made quite a few nervous errors which certainly cost me.

Interview Questions

• What is the feasibility of opening a food truck on your college campus?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2016.

Interview

This interview was for the Seoul office.
    10 minute behavioral, 20 minute case, 10 minute Q&A
    The interviewer was very friendly and comfortabe. He helped me through the case when I was confused or struggling. The first interviewer started out with behavioral but the second interviewer went straight into a case. I think this really depends on the interviewer.

There were 2 interviews for first round and 2 interviews for second round.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Two 30 minute case interviews on campus then they flew me to their office where I had one 30 minute fit interview (very laid back, more of a conversation about past work and I asked a ton of questions) and 3 30 minute case interviews. They called me that evening with an offer.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2016.

Interview

Apply online through campus. Got an email after about a week informing me of the 1st round interview in Chicago. They were willing to cover the travel expenses.
    Pretty standard case interviews*2, only one resume-based question in the beginning. The interviewers were genial and guided me through the whole cases. One case was about new market entry and another was about profitability analysis. The cases were not that difficult but did involve some tricky questions.
    This was my first case interview and I didn't have much time to actually practice a whole case so I failed to make it to next round. Feedback received one day later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your internship experience at X company. (resume-based)   Answer Question