Bain & Company Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

3.7

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a very rewarding experience. I learned a lot. Everyone at Bain was very nice, and the case studies were tough but reflected what skills are needed on the actual job.

Most of the cases were profitability cases (they asked you to calculate different things and switched up the variables), but if you have a strong understanding of profitability, you should be okay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about your experience at your university.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I am currently an MBA candidate and applied for a full-time position as a Consultant; both interviews were held in the Bain office. I submitted my cover letter and resume online and was notified of my interview opportunity about a week later. The interview process and decision happened so quickly -- spoke volumes about the company culture and internal efficiency, imho.

I had my first interview on a Monday with two different people, both sessions about 45-minutes in length. The first was a typical strategy case. I was not asked very many behavioral questions; instead, the practitioner gave me time at the end to ask him questions. My second interview had one market sizing case, and one general strategy case with no numbers, just brainstorming/idea generation. Again, no significant behavioral questions asked here. My hypothesis is that they were gauging my overall "fit" throughout the case and in my general interaction.

I had my final round on Friday, which consisted of the dreaded "written case." All in all, fantastic experience, and I actually had a great time chatting with the partners -- not sure why I was so nervous. You spend about 50 minutes with a 40-slide deck on a client problem and do a predetermined set of calculations, then make a recommendation complete with risks and next steps/mitigations. You present the recommendation to the partners for about 10-15 minutes, then they ask questions for the remainder of the time. I made a few miscalculations, but they were really patient as I talked through my math and redid some of the quant stuff. I think the key here is to remain calm and professional, as they are testing your client readiness. Then we wrapped up with a couple of questions I had for them.

I got the offer call on Saturday. Literally took a week from start to finish! I was amazed.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from your summer internship?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round: 2 back to back cases. Straightforward cases, but difficult 'vibe' and the interviewers went out of their way to stress-test (asking questions that made it seem like I'd given the wrong answer to ensure I could back up my reasoning). 2nd round was three back to back cases, everyone was very friendly, very minimal behavioral questions (take me through your resume, and some follow up questions about resume).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A - no negotiation with AC offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied in college. Selected and invited to a case workshop with all first round invitees. On-campus interview with 2 rounds. Each round is 30 minutes case interview with a consultant on a case he or she has worked on before.

Interview Questions

• Case questions, one on a pub with losing revenue and one on whether a billionaire should invest in a sport arena   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Couldn't make the in-person first-round interviews, so I had 2 back-to-back phone interviews. Each consisted of a case + minimal "fit" questions, and time for Q&A at the end. No curve balls-- process was as expected.

Application

Interview

I made it through the resume screen to the initial phone screen. I had a phone call with the recruiting manager for the LA office where she asked me about my resume and qualifications.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and got a reply back in an email asking me to interview in their LA office. It was quick and efficient. They also reimburse your travel if you're out of state which is very nice.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the standard market based questions, how many tires from cars or something along those lines. I made a mistake on my mental math and was immediately dismissed from passing the interview.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was introduced to the company through a friend. The entire process was very professional and very communicative. You can tell that they care about the company culture and a work hard, play hard mindset. I would have taken the job if it had been closer to home.

Interview Questions

• Speaking to your previous change management experience was very important.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process consists of 2 case interviews, each 30 minutes. At first there are some straightforward behavioral questions then proceeds to the case. It involves market sizing so you should be able to quantify everything and calculate everything on top of your head. Also, it includes profitability problem and market entry.

Summer Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Great office work culture, nice laid-back people.

Did the accelerated interview process due to study abroad. First round in December, second round in January. First round: 2 case interviews back to back; second round: 3 case interviews back to back to back. Mostly case based, very few behavioral questions other than tell me about yourself or walk me through your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something interesting about yourself not on your resume.   Answer Question