Bain & Company Manager Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Manager Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

2.8

Manager Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and in less than 3 days someone from their HR department emailed me. They informed me that they had reviewed my resume and wanted to set up a time we could speak. After I responded to the email we promptly set up a time for a phone interview. We spent about 40 minutes on the phone going over my resume, the job description, and other questions.

Interview Questions

• What stressful situations have you found yourself in, in a work environment, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Began with a phone, followed by a one on one with one of the managers. Received a call back to do a rotation interview where I walked around multiple offices and met with multiple managers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Had three rounds, first was with HR, 2nd was answering questions on a computer (real-life problem solving), 3rd was with people in the current position. Typically interview questions, was about 30 mins for each section

Interview Questions

• Describe your resume/ applicable situations to the job   Answer Question

Manager Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Interview was very standard, had me fill out paper application upon arrival. Interview was extremely short. Went over resume and job description, discussed previous roles. Interviewer asked case hypotheticals. Interview was set up through hiring agency so communication was minimal.

Manager Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company in February 2014.

Interview

First interview was 1.5 hours: met with HR Manager, person whose job I would be filling, and another current Manager Assistant. VERY positive and pleasant experience. Comfortable atmosphere with genuine and enthusiastic people. I knew this was where I wanted to work after the first interview. Second/final interview was 1.5 hours: met with 2 Managers and the HR Manager.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions based on scenarios you would face in the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed with supervisor, other girls in position that I was interviewing for and also the managers I would be supporting. I believe it probably took 2-3 weeks total for interviewing process to be completed. Very friendly people make it a comfortable interview.

Manager Assistant Interview

Interview

Was given this interview through a staffing agency. Interviewed with HR manager, managers themselves, and other MAs. Straightforward. Asked a lot about experience and how it would transfer to this company. Company cares about its culture and getting the right fit. Personality is important. They want you to really know about what they do as a business.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Was pushed for more on difficult situational questions.   Answer Question

Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

I interviewed at the Melbourne office. They were very professional, straightforward and friendly and explained the role, the team and the whole culture at the company really well. I was under impression that they were very honest in the interview, they did mention long hours too.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unusual or uncomfortable questions. Unfortunately I didn't get a job offer but it was one the best interviews I've ever had.   Answer Question

Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2012.

Interview

Three step interview process. Met with HR first, two people part of the team I would be working with followed by another interview with the Manager I would be assisting. They take their time in meeting with people. Some were in person and one was via videoconference.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience - tell us about your career history and why you are looking to work at Bain   1 Answer

Negotiation

Prepare and do your research well in advance