Bain & Company Manager Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contact by a recruiter about the role. Interviewed the following week with other assistants, the team lead, and HR. Returned for a second interview with the managers a few days later and was offered the role an hour after my interview!

Interview Questions

• Why do you enjoy being an assistant? How do you stay organized? What motivates you to do well?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a surprising experience to be able to interview with Glassdoor's #1 Best Places to Work. I had 2 phone calls and 2 on site visits in their SF office. I got to speak with many wonderful people and overall it was a great experience. I has my first call with the recruiter 5 days after I applied. 1 week later, I had a call with their HR Specialist (the one who oversees the MA's I believe). The following day (Friday) I went on site to meet with one of the Consulting Managers, then the Monday after that, met with 3 other Manager Assistants, another Consulting Manager, and lastly the HR Manager. It was a wonderful experience for me, up until I had to wait for their feedback/decision. It took them exactly ONE MONTH before I heard back. I understand the need to wait to hear back from interviews, but I think I was under the impression they were moving fast since they insisted on scheduling my phone calls and on sites so immediately. I believe they hire the best of the best and unfortunately that was not me this round. That's fine. It's just that I've never had an interview experience where the waiting period to hear back was TWICE AS LONG as the actual interview process itself. I felt they could have rejected me much sooner to be honest, and I would have been fine.

Interview Questions

• Say one of your managers were on their way to the airport for a meeting in another state and you find out that meeting has been cancelled . They aren't responding to your texts or answering your calls, what do you do now?   Answer Question

Manager Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and in less than 3 days someone from their HR department emailed me. They informed me that they had reviewed my resume and wanted to set up a time we could speak. After I responded to the email we promptly set up a time for a phone interview. We spent about 40 minutes on the phone going over my resume, the job description, and other questions.

Interview Questions

• What stressful situations have you found yourself in, in a work environment, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Began with a phone, followed by a one on one with one of the managers. Received a call back to do a rotation interview where I walked around multiple offices and met with multiple managers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Had three rounds, first was with HR, 2nd was answering questions on a computer (real-life problem solving), 3rd was with people in the current position. Typically interview questions, was about 30 mins for each section

Manager Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Interview was very standard, had me fill out paper application upon arrival. Interview was extremely short. Went over resume and job description, discussed previous roles. Interviewer asked case hypotheticals. Interview was set up through hiring agency so communication was minimal.

Manager Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company in February 2014.

Interview

First interview was 1.5 hours: met with HR Manager, person whose job I would be filling, and another current Manager Assistant. VERY positive and pleasant experience. Comfortable atmosphere with genuine and enthusiastic people. I knew this was where I wanted to work after the first interview. Second/final interview was 1.5 hours: met with 2 Managers and the HR Manager.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions based on scenarios you would face in the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed with supervisor, other girls in position that I was interviewing for and also the managers I would be supporting. I believe it probably took 2-3 weeks total for interviewing process to be completed. Very friendly people make it a comfortable interview.

Manager Assistant Interview

Interview

Was given this interview through a staffing agency. Interviewed with HR manager, managers themselves, and other MAs. Straightforward. Asked a lot about experience and how it would transfer to this company. Company cares about its culture and getting the right fit. Personality is important. They want you to really know about what they do as a business.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Was pushed for more on difficult situational questions.   Answer Question

Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

I interviewed at the Melbourne office. They were very professional, straightforward and friendly and explained the role, the team and the whole culture at the company really well. I was under impression that they were very honest in the interview, they did mention long hours too.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unusual or uncomfortable questions. Unfortunately I didn't get a job offer but it was one the best interviews I've ever had.   Answer Question