Bain & Company Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Research Assistant Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I saw the recruitment posting for the summer research assistant position, which would last for 3 months. I sent my resume and an essay for the prompt that they provided (a page length) and they got back to me to schedule for a phone interview in a week, and about two weeks after that they told me to come in to their office.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are in charge of transferring all books from an old university library to a new one?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the job opening online through a school website.
    I received a call from Bain asking me to come in for an interview.
    The interview itself took about 1 hour.
    The atmosphere wasn't uncomfortable.
    The interviewer was patient and nice - wasn't trying to stress me out or anything.
    He first started with some questions regarding my resume, then we proceeded with case interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what types of companies would be most suitable for starting an internet only bank.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Seoul (South Korea)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very clear and concise questions at first such as why are you willing to be a consultant? Then he went over with the resume and asked in detail. Case Interview was not really bad, but he wanted to be really clear. He recommended not to think as what I have been studying the case interview, rather he wanted to think as realistic as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Seoul (South Korea)) in February 2014.

Interview

There are 2 rounds of interview for the spring internship position at Bain Korea. Both the first round and second round interviews were case interviews. First round case was to answer why a food processing company's revenue isn't performing well and the second round case was to guestimate sales of a local shop.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? (Need to research the company before the interview to properly answer this question)   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Interview

1. Resume screening: from what I know, HR does the screening, curtailing people who do not meet the minimum requirements but also most of the resume screening.
    2. First-round interview: at the office, asked about current events, asked me to read a piece from Times and develop a case study.
    3. Second-round interview: interviewed with three people, mostly case studies and guesstimation.