Bain & Company Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Nov 5, 2016

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super straight forward two cases. One was about pharma and the other was manufacturing. They were both profit and loss and they both were about calculating the break even point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview as part of on-campus recruitment. No fit section--straight into 2 cases case. They weren't that hard of cases--market sizing/profitability. One interview was with a senior Associate and the other interview was with a consultant. Try to nail your interview with the more senior person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was from an on campus application process. The first round interview was two interviews back to back with cases and behavioral questions. Case questions composed of marketing sizing, new market entrance and some basic number crunching. Overall the cases were straightforward and easy to follow. I got very off on the non-traditional marketing sizing question tho. If you have enough time left-over after your case, the interviewer will give you some basic resume questions or fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Bain? What is your most important leadership position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

-general info session on campus- + -sign up for coffee chats
    1.Online Portal (school recruiting)

-if made it past 1, invited to info sessions about first round expectations- focus on cases

2. First Round

-if made it past 2, invited to info sessions about second round expectations- slightly more personal

3. Final Round
    -Yay! or Not

overall, a very well thought out/planned process.

Interview Questions

• Typical case/personal questions
      Very friendly teams/recruiters
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First round was two case studies with associate consultants, which were very straightforward. Second round was three case studies - two purely case and one half fit and half case - with principals and managers. The second round was much, much harder than the first - there was a bit of stress-testing (one of the interviewers was purposefully very cold, I think, to see how you would react). Throughout the process, everyone was very friendly - in the end, I was told I didn't make the cut because I was too nervous, and they told my other friend she asked too many questions that made her seem cautious. Overall, for the second round I think everyone is extremely qualified on doing well on the case, so you just need to make sure you seem really really confident on top of that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (UC Berkeley, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round of 2 30-minute case interviews. Each interview was with a different person, but they were both very nice and very gracious. Personally, it was my first case interview, so I didn't know exactly what I was doing. But they were personable people that didn't make me feel too nervous.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very standard. Started with an initial phone screen with someone in their regional HR group. From there, I had a Skype interview with the direct manager before I was brought on-site to interview with a mix of HR professionals as well as local partner group. Questions were very standard interview quesitons - nothing out of hte ordinary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Two 45 min interview with managers. 5min fit questions (why Bain) followed by a case that the manager worked on before. The bios of the managers are available 15min prior the interviews. During the interview quant portion, it was difficult to gauge if my calculations were on the right track or if the final number is correct. The interviewers expect you to definitively drive the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Berkeley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

College recruiting. 2 30 minute back to back interviews. each with a little bit of behavioral questions and a case. due to the time limitation, the cases were done in an extremely intense way. the interviewers were pretty nice but I guess it was just me being too nervous since it was my very first case interview so I kind of bombed the first one(that interviewer was a bit bored at the end). but then for the second one, i was pretty relaxed and did rather good on that.

Interview Questions

• One case with Hat manufacturing. One case about mobile service provider.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed on campus. First round was 2 x 30 minutes case interview. First interviewer was nice and case was easy. Second interviewer was demeaning and case was very complicated. Second interviewer was also not to the point and gave misleading hints. No behavioral questions cause time ran out doing case in both instances.