Bain & Company Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.6

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I first had an over the phone interview which went great, the person who interviewed me was very insightful and shared that she was new to the company as well. I was asked a lot of typical scenario questions. A couple days later I was called to do the second round of interviews were I would meet with 3 people in charge of the department I was applying for.

Questions were not challenging, rather very basic scenario questions. I felt like I had more challenging questions for them a in regards to they're company however they were unable to answer, in fact they showed no passion for Bain (lack of company knowledge I guess) this company seems to be doing all the right things in business.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where nothing seemed to be going your way, what was the outcome? How did you handle?   Answer Question

Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a surprising experience to be able to interview with Glassdoor's #1 Best Places to Work. I had 2 phone calls and 2 on site visits in their SF office. I got to speak with many wonderful people and overall it was a great experience. I has my first call with the recruiter 5 days after I applied. 1 week later, I had a call with their HR Specialist (the one who oversees the MA's I believe). The following day (Friday) I went on site to meet with one of the Consulting Managers, then the Monday after that, met with 3 other Manager Assistants, another Consulting Manager, and lastly the HR Manager. It was a wonderful experience for me, up until I had to wait for their feedback/decision. It took them exactly ONE MONTH before I heard back. I understand the need to wait to hear back from interviews, but I think I was under the impression they were moving fast since they insisted on scheduling my phone calls and on sites so immediately. I believe they hire the best of the best and unfortunately that was not me this round. That's fine. It's just that I've never had an interview experience where the waiting period to hear back was TWICE AS LONG as the actual interview process itself. I felt they could have rejected me much sooner to be honest, and I would have been fine.

Interview Questions

• Say one of your managers were on their way to the airport for a meeting in another state and you find out that meeting has been cancelled . They aren't responding to your texts or answering your calls, what do you do now?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two case interviews back to back. Typical cases can be expected. Worked with a consultant and a principal. They were both very cordial and professional. One of them followed up with a phone call to give helpful feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super straight forward two cases. One was about pharma and the other was manufacturing. They were both profit and loss and they both were about calculating the break even point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview as part of on-campus recruitment. No fit section--straight into 2 cases case. They weren't that hard of cases--market sizing/profitability. One interview was with a senior Associate and the other interview was with a consultant. Try to nail your interview with the more senior person.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

My final round interview was in the office with a senior associate consultant, a manager, and a partner. They were each ~45 minutes in length, with ~30 minutes used for the cases.

Interview Questions

• A rail company is considering opening a new passenger car route between Las Vegas and San Fransisco. What should they think about, and what would you recommend?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was from an on campus application process. The first round interview was two interviews back to back with cases and behavioral questions. Case questions composed of marketing sizing, new market entrance and some basic number crunching. Overall the cases were straightforward and easy to follow. I got very off on the non-traditional marketing sizing question tho. If you have enough time left-over after your case, the interviewer will give you some basic resume questions or fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Bain? What is your most important leadership position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

-general info session on campus- + -sign up for coffee chats
    1.Online Portal (school recruiting)

-if made it past 1, invited to info sessions about first round expectations- focus on cases

2. First Round

-if made it past 2, invited to info sessions about second round expectations- slightly more personal

3. Final Round
    -Yay! or Not

overall, a very well thought out/planned process.

Interview Questions

• Typical case/personal questions
      Very friendly teams/recruiters   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First round was two case studies with associate consultants, which were very straightforward. Second round was three case studies - two purely case and one half fit and half case - with principals and managers. The second round was much, much harder than the first - there was a bit of stress-testing (one of the interviewers was purposefully very cold, I think, to see how you would react). Throughout the process, everyone was very friendly - in the end, I was told I didn't make the cut because I was too nervous, and they told my other friend she asked too many questions that made her seem cautious. Overall, for the second round I think everyone is extremely qualified on doing well on the case, so you just need to make sure you seem really really confident on top of that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (UC Berkeley, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round of 2 30-minute case interviews. Each interview was with a different person, but they were both very nice and very gracious. Personally, it was my first case interview, so I didn't know exactly what I was doing. But they were personable people that didn't make me feel too nervous.