Bain & Company Interview Questions in Sao Paulo, Brazil | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Interview Questions in Sao Paulo, Brazil

4.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in November 2015.

Interview

Had a written GMAT-style test, then a couple of weeks later had 1st round of 2 interviews (manager and consultant) and a month later a second round with 2 more interviews (principal and partner). All interviews had a first 15 minutes "get to know you" part and a 30-45 minute case. Cases don't require difficult math, just an organized structure and step by step calculations.

Interview Questions

• Private equity case (investment recommendation) based on market sizing.   Answer Question

Had a better offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in October 2015.

Interview

There is a gmat test and business test. After the CV screening, you are invited to the group dynamics. The group dynamics is basic the solution of a business case in group. If you pass, you are invited to interview. You have to pass through 6 case interviews,

Interview Questions

• Why Bain? Why should we hire you? What makes you different?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in April 2015.

Interview

The process took around 2 months. First is the GMAT + Business written test. It is relatively difficult due to time constraints, that's why you should check the samples in their site. After that I was invited to a group interview in which we were required to solve a business case. The case itself is fairly easy - even more if you are familiar with case interviews - but they are looking to see if they would like to work with you. Just be polite, never say something negative and always say something along the lines of "I understand your point, but if you look through this lens...". Finally I was invited to the case interviews. There were 3 rounds, 2 interviews each. The cases were very numerical and difficult, but the Personal Experience questions were all the same: Why consulting? Why Bain?. I was a little frustrated with these questions because it got repetitive and don't really say a lot about the interviewee. The feedback given for the no offer was rather superficial with no suggestion on where to improve. The tip I can give: most of the cases were about investing or not (PE).

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in March 2015.

Interview

One GMAT style test followed by CV analysis, group case and three rounds of 2 cases each.
    The group case was interesting. How each one interacted within the group was far more important than the result itself.
    Some cases were a lot harder than others. And they didn't follow any pattern, some were interviewer led others cadidate led.
    I found this fact the most difficult during the interviews. The case I failed, I thought the interviewer was leading it, as he kept asking questions and didn't give me time to explain how the answer related to the problem or to state the next steps, but in the end he said that even though I answered most of the questions correctly I should had been more proactive.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in October 2014.

Interview

After an easy test, at least for someone who went to an engineering school and has an average english level, there were 3 rounds of 2 interviews.
    All of the interviews started with some chatting and after that, the interviewer applied a business case, usually made by himself based in a project he worked on.
    In the last round, the interviewers were partners from the company and, after a week or so, I got a call from one of them with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for a Consulting company event though you went to a Civil Engineering school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in September 2014.

Interview

My initial contact was during on campus recruiting. Tradionally, Bain has a 5 stage recruiting proccess. The first is an analytical and business case multiple choice test. If you suceed, the next stage is a group dinamyc. The goal is to assess your behavior when working with a team. For those who are aproved, the remaining 3 stages are rounds of 2 interviews each. The interviews all have a similar structure: breaking the ice with personal questions, business case and final questions.

People were all very kind and the cuture in the office seems to be "work hard, play hard".

Interview Questions

• Cost of one adittional passenger for an airline in an average flight.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in May 2014.

Interview

GMAT test, group dynamics, three rounds of two interviews each. Every interviewer was nice and helpful. I could sense they had a collaborative culture, and that made me want to work there. They emphasized the low-hierarchy environment, and the way they treated me made me believe that that was true.

Interview Questions

• A business case regarding a crude oil storage industry. The first question was: why does it exist?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I just accepted.

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in June 2012.

Interview

Bain, as other premium consulting company has a tremendously hard recruiting process. To apply in Brazil you need to have studied at one of the top 5 universities. Phase 1 consists of of a GMAT-like test + multiple choice bussiness case test (~40% acceptance). Then there is a group interview that evaluates your capacity to work in group and your "Bain fit", which means the interviewer would personally enjoy working with you (~50% acceptance). For last is the really tough part, which is 3 rounds of doubles interviews with managers and later on with partners (~50% acceptance in each round).

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had was after a mostly quantitative case in IT, which the interviewer asked me what I would do to reduce the excess headcount that I had just calculated.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in June 2012.

Interview

4 interviews for a post-MBA position. One interview with a manager and three interviews with partners. The interview is divided in two parts: first part is a conversation to understand my motivation to enter consulting and Bain. It lasts 10 to 15min. The second part is a case study which lasts 45-60min.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the profitability of company XYZ?
      What is the impact of oil price in a country GDP?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in April 2012.

Interview

It starts of with a group interview where groups of 4 members are designed to solve a business case in three steps. This first phase is more to get a feeling of the applicants.
    Then there were three consulting rounds, each with two interviews with different interviewers, where were considered the proficiency in solving business cases, with increasing difficulty in each round.
    The interviewers were all really kind and seemed eager to help out when the applicant got stuck, but it’s a very difficult job interview overall

Interview Questions

• It was not unexpected, but the reason why consulting and why Bain really seemed to be of great importance for each interviewer, where not “homemade” answers were greatly welcomed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I’m to start after I end my graduation, which were a great surprise as I expected then to send me over to apply next year