Bain & Company Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

3.8

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Everything was pretty straightforward - two phone interviews with cases, really left up to me to drive the case and dig for answers. There was a short period before each case where I was able to chat with my interviewer about my background and why Bain, but the majority of the 40 minutes was spent running through the case.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company in November 2016.

Interview

First round interview. Two practice cases, back to back. Whole thing took about 40 minutes. Only one or two behavioral questions. One question was more quant. heavy. Other one more general.

Interview Questions

• "This moving company is looking to enter into the storage pod business. Should they do it?" (Information provided in the interview)

"Where should this company increase their subscription prices?" (graph provided)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through personal contacts. Bain later came to our school to help interview prep. After a month, I got called back for a first round of 2 phone interview back to back. Points of contact were very helpful and accommodating. Decisions were communicated on the same day.

Interview Questions

• First round was two cases back to back, both acquisition cases. wasn't asked any behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was two cases and no behavioral, which was frustrating because it seemed like they just didn't care about your personality. Final round was scheduled for the day after first round, so very quick turnaround. They did put 2 15min behavioral into second round, but I didn't progress to there.

Interview Questions

• Two cases, one about pension insurance and the other about consumer retail   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

6 interviews with three parts
    1) Resume
    2) Case
    3) Additional questions.
    All three parts are important. I recommend to have enough additional and intelligent questions. Ask about their expertise areas, and current projects.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the most important part of your Resume?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

There were two 30 minute case interviews with the first 4 minutes being just getting to know you. The case questions were pretty straightforward and did not require any knowledge of frameworks. You just need to approach the problem from your own perspective, and stay calm and positive. Victor Cheng will not be of help for the first round interview.

Interview Questions

• Should a European contact lense manufacturer enter US market?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Applied on campus and heard back in under a week. Consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute cases with some time for questions at the end. Three days later I interviewed in their Boston office for a second round.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Applied via on-campus recruiting at a non-target MBA program. After being selected for a first round, a consultant contacted me and offered to talk about Bain and run a practice case interview. First round interview consisted of 2 case interviews (with 5 minutes of behavioral to start each). Interviewee led cases, mainly focused on profitability. Got a call that night for 2nd round. Second round was tougher, one written case, one regular case, and a behavioral interview. Everyone in the process was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Mainly case questions focused on profitability. One PE case on an acquisition. Behavioral was mainly tell me about yourself, why Bain, and why consulting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The 1st round was 2 30 minute case interviews. There were no behavioral questions at all. The day prior to the interview they did have a "reception" that I guess may have served as a bit of a behavioral interview. One interviewer was very personable and nice, the other came from an engineering background and was more stoic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through university (MBA) for a European office.
    The first round was composed of two regular cases with two managers from two different offices - one was very graph heavy and the other was a break even analysis.
    Second round - 2 cases that were more conversations with partners.