Bainbridge Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bainbridge.

Interview

The interview lasted for about 40 minutes. There are three interviewers. It's basically sharing your experiences and ideas. You can also ask them questions. So it's a good way to know more about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? Why Bainbridge? What's you strong and weak personality.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bainbridge

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bainbridge (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed from out of state. Took about a month from submitting application online to offer. Participated in a phone interviews with the Global Resource Manager and the one Skype interview Project Lead. These interviews are standard get to know you/ behavioral questions. Next there is a Case Study. Bainbridge gives you 2 days to complete a case study which requires you to answer 5 questions through primary research. I presented it through Webex. After 3 days I was emailed an offer.
    Communication and follow up was excellent and the interview process was an overall positive experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bainbridge in May 2017.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone and it was pretty easy. I was asked to go over my resume and if I was ok with cold calling. During the second interview, the consulting manager asked me specific questions about my experience and resume. He also wanted samples of PowerPoint slides I have created. I was asked to do a case interview. The case was emailed to me 48 hours before I had to present it. I was expected to conduct primary research over the phone to find out the competitive advantage, supplier information, and other related information of a specific retailer. Upon seeing the case, I declined to move forward in the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bainbridge (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First round interview - phone call
    They asked very standard questions relating to your CV/experience. Nothing too hard and pretty straightforward. Then asked a few questions about the role you're applying for. Got invited for second-round in-person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bainbridge (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward. Sent in resume and had an initial phone screen. The process involved two additional in-person interviews, and a final case interview, assuming with management at a later time. Ultimately I decided not to move forward as I did not feel position was best fit (primarily cold calling). Would recommend for those who are more receptive to primary research/interviewing on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience collecting information through primary research?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bainbridge (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview process was average - no particularly difficult questions as it all focused on previous work experience and education. The office was very quiet, and when I entered I was asked to fill out an application for employment and then left alone for 40 minutes without further instructions. The interview itself took another 40-50 minutes. A week after the interview, I was told the positions had all been filled. I felt this was disrespectful of my time as the interview had taken almost an hour. Would not recommend applying for this organization as they obviously do not respect their candidates' time and energy, as evident by the unprofessional email I had received inviting me to interview with them, lack of instructions regarding anything about the interview and simply being left alone at the front desk for 40 minutes without anyone else present. One of the interviewers was also on a mobile device the whole time and fiddling around with it, which I felt was very rude.

Interview Questions

• What type of personality do you feel is the most difficult to work with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bainbridge (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. The first interview was a 30 minute phone call. The call was professional and went well. The second was in-person interview. The COO that was supposed to interview me was out sick. The office was very empty and in disarray. The employees ended up interviewing me: two Business Analysts -- one was unprofessional and the other was a new hire.

The unprofessional one professed the consulting-side of the firm is hired by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to uncover the R&D pipeline and product roadmaps of its competitors. At the very least it's snooping, at the worst it's corporate espionage. The unprofessional interviewer frequently and casually used expletives throughout the interview.

The new hire explained that his role at Bainbridge was substantially different from what he expected. He seemingly hinted at me to not accept the position.

At the end of the interview I had politely expressed my disinterest to move forward in the recruitment process. The unprofessional interviewer then mentioned that they actually didn't plan to hire any Business Analysts for several months, which means the interview was an unequivocal waste of time for both parties.

Bainbridge's consulting services are borderline illegal. I would highly recommend against joining this firm. At the very least, if this firm is caught spying on other corporations, then it would be a kiss-of-death on your resumé.

Interview Questions

• Q: How comfortable am I cold calling?
      Q: What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Q: An example of where you lead a team.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bainbridge.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview for about 30 minutes. The first 15 minutes were general behavioral questions and the last 15 minutes was a short market sizing question. The interviewer was a little stoic but I got an email about 3 days later asking me to come in for an in-person interview where they asked me if I was uncomfortable cold-calling, etc. because a lot of the job would require calling people to collect data points.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bainbridge (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview - basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary but thorough. The call was pleasant and gave a good impression of the company...
    2. I received an email indicating that they wanted me to do a "case study" and present it to employees at Bainbridge. I figured this was an "audition" of sorts, however THE AMOUNT OF WORK you have to put into the case review is ridiculous. They are extremely picky with the companies you choose to do the report on, specific financial parameters the company must have for annual revenue, privately owned, etc.
    3. Presentation when scheduled went well. Very sharp employees....

**** DUE TO THE FACT that Bainbridge CONSTANTLY has their ads up on various hiring sites, and internally appeared to have A LOT of VERY YOUNG interns (free!) working for them... I get the impression they have you do the case study as a way to get FREE research out of folks and that they most likely use these case studies as LEADS that they can use to get more business. I have a feeling they aren't hiring at all.... the office was nice, but other than the young interns, appeared completely empty. FAIR WARNING ****

Interview Questions

• Where did you find your information for your report?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bainbridge (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview: Typical behavioral questions and questions about your resume

In person interview: Person who was interviewing was very friendly and questions were aimed to access how you would perform on the job. It was also an interview to see how you are as a person and how easy you are to work with

Interview Questions

• What factors do you need to consider when starting a hot dog stand business?   Answer Question