Baker Botts Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

3.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Botts (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, 1 with the hiring manager, 1 with paralegal team, 1 with the partner in charge. Stern interviews with a cut to the chase kind of questions. By the interviews, you could feel the hustle and bustle of the office.

Lateral Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Botts (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I got this interview through a recruiter. The people involved with hiring for this position were unavailable so I met with one person who is kind of the head of HR for the firm. This is the person to impress otherwise you won't get any further. I spent only about 10-15 minutes with this individual and got negative feedback from my recruiter from her that I was "too chatty."

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a little bit about your work experience   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Baker Botts (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was more of a scare tactic than anything. They ask you a bunch off office specific question to see if it will overwhelm you and expect you to answer with a rebuttal from the interviewer with other questions like what if this happens, what if that happens.

Interview Questions

• What would you do, if you had to help a person on one floor in the middle of a project but an executive says they need something now.   1 Answer

HelpDesk - Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Baker Botts (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Did not get a chance to interview for more than 12 minutes. The Manager interviewing looked at my LinkedIn profile and had her mind made up that I would not be hired, even though I was fully qualified. I am white male, she is a woman of color. Less than a week after the Zimmerman trial. It wasn't hard to figure out.....as she didn't want to hear anything I had to say about my qualifications or interest in the company. You could hear the tone in her voice that she did not want to interview me. She cut it short quickly. I was and still am in shock that this would go on at a Law Firm, but I'm sure upper management has no idea.

Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Botts (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Standard interview process. Had to go to their offices at least twice. It is in downton Houston where parking is expensive and on your dime.