Baker Hughes Field Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

3.3

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on their website, took about 1 month before i got email saying i had been selected for the first round of interviews. Had 5 days to complete the interview. A few days later I completed it and no response since 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work for us?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Field Engineer I Interview

Interview

Went in for an invitational interview for a field engineer position. Quickly felt like they did not see me as a good fit for the role (it is a more physically demanding job) and made it apparent with their questions. It went from standard interview questions to things like "Do you really think you can handle this kind of environment?"

Interview Questions

• This job requires you to be traveling for long periods of time and requires some physical strength, do you think you can handle this kind of environment?   3 Answers

Field Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Phone interview and Baker Hughes Experience where here was panel or group interview, presentation etc. We were given some scenarios and asked to come up with solutions. During the BHE, all candidate will be at a round table on the last day and you will be asked one question each.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    • Behavioural: Why Baker Hughes? Why should we hire you? What do you know about the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

BHE. Nothing difficult, they give some assessments. Then interview why you want to work at Baker Hughes. Last day has a group presentation. Sounds like a lot, but it's actually really easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the O&G service industry?   1 Answer

Field Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Digital interview is the first stage of the hiring process. I get the email notification from HireVue, the hiring partner of Baker Hughes. The interview consists of 9 questions. You need to really remember your experience and what you have done in the past, especially your leadership and technical experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell one task you have ever done with your technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Field Engineer I Interview

Interview

After a phone and face interview that deal with behavioral questions, the Baker Hughes Experience is for 2 days. It is very relaxed but remember that you are being analyzed at all times. Make sure you show your personality and desire to work there.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview is the lack of sleep. Be ready to mingle and show your personality but make sure you pace yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need. They take care of you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

i was asked to take a video interview on hire view and all the questions were pretty much the same as posted before, i was really nervous so i dont know how i did it, so im waiting to hear from them soon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Went through the "Baker Hughes Experience". Did a summer internship the previous summer, and got invited to the Baker Hughes Experience in Houston for a full time opportunity in the fall. Went through a recorded video interview for the internship- no other screen before the Baker Hughes Experience. Hiring managers from around the US are there to observe/rate you and you get an offer on the spot at the end of the two days. Variety of individual/group tasks that you have to do. Meals are your opportunity to network with the hiring managers. Most (over half at least) of the people in the group on my days got an offer. Seems like they are looking for a level of outspokenness/social interaction (without being overbearing)

Interview Questions

• Was with a group of ~30 people. Two full days of group activities, a mix of information about the company, openings, etc, and presenting about yourself/tasks. Hiring managers are there from multiple locations/business divisions. They evaluate you in all the tasks. Ex: presenting about yourself, building a structure with straws and tape, assembling something from a drawing/instructions, etc. You have time to eat with the managers during meal times- so it is critical to meet with managers you are interesting in working for then.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

First was a Skype interview. Then a three day program called the Baker Hughes Experience. It was alright. Learned a lot about the company and did a series of tests and interviews. It was fairly easy, you just have to use common sense.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Typical behavioral questions asking about how you acted in certain situations. They basically want to know how you react in certain pressure situations where you have to deal with challenging problems and while working within a team. Prepare 4 to 5 stories from your professional experience or school days that you can relate to.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question