Baker Hughes Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker Hughes Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Lafayette, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online on their website, took about 1 month before i got email saying i had been selected for the first round of interviews. Had 5 days to complete the interview. A few days later I got another email saying I will be considered for a position but that does not guarantee I will be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose your major and university and what other schools did you consider and why?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I have sent my resume along with a cover letter applying for the position and I received a phone call to attend the interview. It was personal questions interview took around 20 mins

Interview Questions

• Are you organized? Do you like perfection?Whats your passion?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Applied on their website, and got an email telling me I had made it to the interview round. Received instructions for a video interview where recorded questions were asked and you were given about 2 minutes to respond. The video interview would be glitchy at times, depending largely on the internet connection. Sent the interview in around November, but didn't hear back until April.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions such as interest in the position and the job. Typical behavioral interview.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Was initially rejected by Baker Hughes through computer screening process, was hired in an interview with BJ Services, a simple 20 minute interview and was offered the job on the spot. Baker had acquired BJ Services. BJ services understood what it took to make it as a field engineer and hired based on character and motivation, Baker was more focused on computer algorithms for candidate selection.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle being hot, cold, wet, away from home for long periods of time?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Had an initial video interview. They asked standard questions about leadership experiences, times you worked on a team, talk about a technical task you completed, etc.. They then said they would get back to me in several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had difficulty working with others and what did you do.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. The next day, I received an email telling me that I got the interview. It was a digital interview, powered by HireVue. And there was a deadline, which was one week later. I did the interview before the deadline. There were 9 questions and each question allowed you 3 min to answer. 1. Describe a technical problem you solved? 2. Describe a problem which has a deadline? 3. Describe a time where you had to set a goal for yourself? 4. Technical task you solved, what was the outcome, what steps you used, how did you solve it, what lesson you learned? 5. Leadership situation? 6. A situation which your ideas was not agreed with others, what did you do? 7. A situation old method doesn't work, new solutions work? 8. Why do you want to work for Baker Hughes? 9. Why should we hire you?

Interview Questions

• A situation old method doesn't work, new solutions work?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

I first made contact with Baker Hughes by speaking to a recruiter at my university's career fair. They were not accepting resumes and I was told to apply online. I went online and submitted my resume, cover letter, and transcript.

A week later, I was sent an invitation for an online interview in which I recorded answers to a series of questions. The question was shown, 30 seconds of prep time was given, and then 3 minutes to answer each question. The questions asked had to do with how you have dealt with situations in the past, examples of leadership or teamwork, and why you are interested in Baker.

About a week later, I was sent an invitation to the Baker Hughes Experience. It was a great two day experience which you learn a lot of about the company while the hiring managers watch how you work on different assessments and group projects. You let them know what segment you would like to work in and where.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had to use your technical background to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in August 2014.

Interview

Got interview by applying through website. Also talked to recuriter at school's career fair. Got sent an email two weeks later to take an online interview which just recorded my answers with a webcam.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty difficult. All were multi-part and you only had 30 seconds to prepare. Most questions took 30 seconds to read. Then it started recording and you had three minutes to answer. More than enough time. Not nearly enough time to prepare, Most akward interview I've had.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

had an interview a month ago, just typical behavioral questions. asked about previous experiences in a team and how we handled a difficulty. how I used my knowledge to help my team members to overcome that situation.

Interview Questions

• the questions were basically the same, so it was really confusing that they were kinda repeating themselves.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2014.

Interview

Was called about scheduling a phone interview almost immediately after finishing my application. The phone interview was behavioral with pretty standard questions. I thought it went well and after the interview I was emailed saying I passed the initial round. 3 months have passed since then and I haven't heard anything nor have they responded to my email attempts.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions about leadership and team-work. Definitely they will ask you to describe an occasion when there was conflict with a team member.   Answer Question