Baker Hughes Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker Hughes Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in August 2014.

Interview

Got interview by applying through website. Also talked to recuriter at school's career fair. Got sent an email two weeks later to take an online interview which just recorded my answers with a webcam.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty difficult. All were multi-part and you only had 30 seconds to prepare. Most questions took 30 seconds to read. Then it started recording and you had three minutes to answer. More than enough time. Not nearly enough time to prepare, Most akward interview I've had.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

had an interview a month ago, just typical behavioral questions. asked about previous experiences in a team and how we handled a difficulty. how I used my knowledge to help my team members to overcome that situation.

Interview Questions

• the questions were basically the same, so it was really confusing that they were kinda repeating themselves.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2014.

Interview

Was called about scheduling a phone interview almost immediately after finishing my application. The phone interview was behavioral with pretty standard questions. I thought it went well and after the interview I was emailed saying I passed the initial round. 3 months have passed since then and I haven't heard anything nor have they responded to my email attempts.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions about leadership and team-work. Definitely they will ask you to describe an occasion when there was conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

First interview was with two people. One was an engineering manager, the other was a woman from HR. They are definitely looking for someone who knows about their company. I recommend attending any information sessions they have if you want to be taken seriously. Questions were typical HR questions such as "tell me about time you had to make a decision quickly", "tell me about a time when you had to contribute to a group", "tell me about a time when you were given a very difficult task". The interview is very structured. There was very little chitchat and it felt a lot like being given a quiz. If you make it past the first round during the fall, you're sure to be given the opportunity to undergo the "Baker Hughes Experience". This includes going to Houston for second round evaluation of skills, professionalism, and teamwork abilities. It's quite a lot to go through for a job at a service company. Some people get hired this way, others I know simply got picked up by Baker Hughes randomly later on. One of the better service companies. You can definitely turn it into a job with a good interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with someone in a group or with whom you were working. How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Interview

Pone interview about 7 behavioral questions: 5 questions on the "tell me a time when type" base and give 3 reasons of why should we hire you. The interview was last about 35 minutes. She said at the beginning of the interview that she will not repeat a question so make sure you are ready to take note befor when the phone interview start.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2014.

Interview

Had a video interview. Majorly general attitude test kind of questions. nothing technical. just as what everybody says, "Tell me the toughest situation you faced " kinda questions. So just try to be calm and collected. attend with a fresh mind and also do practise the test interview few times. each question had 5 minutes and i had 8 questions.

Interview Questions

• nothing technical. be casual calm and collected. everything is related to how u handled various situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Group interview. Went through a variety of different group exercises which were graded by a panel. Activities included building a rig model and questions on ethics. Other parts included two tests one on math and one with writing.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused on where you wanted to work and questions about your resume. Informal questions from hiring manager.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Although most interviews are either in person or on the phone, Baker Hughes has a new way of interviewing where you are asked to videotape yourself (similar to using skype) and answer the questions they had. It is an extremely awkward way to interview and is very unsettling. They asked typical questions, however you were only allowed to answer each question once.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask any technical questions only behavioral ones.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Not too bad. Everything that the others stated is pretty accurate.

Interview Questions

• BHE was quite intense. At this point it's all about YOU.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I attending BHE last week. The interview process was not different from what the others have said here. However, if you are not a white male then don't bother attending the event because you will not an offer.

Interview Questions

• Average difficulty, just read the reviews here.   2 Answers