Baker Hughes Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker Hughes Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on campus, four behavioral questions. Waited a couple weeks for a second interview, which was online. The online interview was 5 prerecorded questions, and responses were allowed 4 minutes each to record your answer. Took a month to hear back from the second "interview".

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you made a mistake and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

On campus interview followed by 29 person group interview weekend/event called the Baker Hughes Experience. This contained quantitative tests, dynamic question and answer sections, and a 4 on 1 panel interview. We were also given a tour of the labs and R&D center.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2013.

Interview

Got an interview through my university. Passed the first round successfully and receive and email congratulating me and saying I will be contacted soon for a second round. After a month received a rejection without an explanation.

Interview Questions

• The first round had only behavioral questions, not difficult.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2013.

Interview

Meet a representative at an on campus career fair. Gave them my resume and I was called that night to schedule an interview the next day. This decision was apparently based exclusively on my GPA. This interview was only 15-30 minutes and consisted of a resume review and basic behavior questions. The questions were aimed to assess your social skills and how you work under pressure and in difficult situations. No "gotcha questions" or anything technical. Overall it was very pleasant and the HR rep (not an engineer) was friendly. Not high pressure at all.

Interview Questions

• What is the most unforgettable failure and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Lafayette, LA) in October 2012.

Interview

The on campus interview was very comfortable and the man who interviewed me made me feel very comfortable and at ease. I was then invited to the Baker Hughes Experience a few days later. This process is two days and is an attempt to give you an idea of what the life is like as a field engineer. There is an assessment test as well as other teamwork activities. The last night you are assigned a project that is to be presented to all the candidates and hiring managers the next morning. After the presentations, there is a final panel interview. You are also given a tour of their facility. Take advantage of your time with the hiring managers. Ask them as many questions about their lifestyle as a field engineer and the work load. Be honest with them because they are honest with you. Also try to personally get to know them so they will remember you. On my way out the door on the last day, a few of the hiring managers stopped me to ask me a question about a story I mentioned the first night. Anyway, try to get as much information as possible from them. They are trying to determine if you and Baker Hughes are a match. They are very welcoming and warm and I really enjoyed my experience. I am currently waiting on a call from them to find out if I got a job offer. They will take about two days after the BHE to contact you. They will contact you to let you know if you have an offer or not so no need in bugging them.

Interview Questions

• If you could work with only one of your team members on a project again, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2012.

Interview

I went for the info session at my school and signed up for an interview. I got an email days after that i was invited to the BHE event. weeks later i got a date for the event and i am currently preparing for it.

Interview Questions

• "Can you tell me something you reget doing and what lesson you learnt from it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

Asked mostly behavior questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that you encountered and explain how you solved it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Laramie, WY) in September 2012.

Interview

I submit my resume on the school website, and I am asked to join an on campus interview. It is a 30 mins face to face interview. Since just for campus career fair, most of the questions are behavior questions. Talking about your resume, projects, or any other related experience. This is only a entry level field position designated for fresh graduate. The interviewer is very experienced, interesting and talkative guy.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone, in person, after phone call had a call with HR and went to houston for interview in person with the manager of the department. I worked here a year and left to work for a rival company with more opportunity and professionalism. Felt the management was extremely sexist and living in the past. This is a new oilfield now, it is necessary to evolve to compete. If the business doesn't evolve and foster an innovative environment it will surely die.

Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Broussard, LA) in April 2012.

Interview

Met with Baker Hughes recruiter during college career fair. Invited to on campus info session and the next day a 1:1 interview. After several weeks I was called, information was verbally confirmed from my resume and I was asked if I was still seeking full time position. Next I was put into consideration for round 2, the Baker Hughes Experience (BHE). After almost one month I was notified via phone of my offer to attend the BHE. Needed to fly to Houston the next week. Baker Hughes flew me from California to Texas, and I met about 35 other candidates from all over US with varying engineering degrees there. After 3 days of intense interviewing and introduction to the Baker Hughes culture 4 candidates were offered positions, so very glad to be one of them!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when a co-worker did something dis-honest and how you dealt with this situation.   Answer Question
    • What type work environment and types of co-workers would be involved in your ideal work situation?   Answer Question