Baker Hughes Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.1

Staffing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone Screen (basic work and salary history), Face to Face with Manager (detailed questions about my experience and how I would be a good for for this position/ company - during this interview I toured the facility and met the staff), Face to Face with Manager's Manager (basically she just needed to meet me for final approval).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last positions you held?
      Why are you a fit for this role and this company?
      What can you contribute to this program and this company?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What experience do you have that relates to this specific program?
      What do you know about our company?
      Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

I submitted my resume. I received a call and phone screen which went very well. I then had an interview with the hiring manager which also went very well. I then had a 1 on 1 interview with the Manager +1. I also was asked to speak with the North American Vice President. The entire interview process was very professional and very well organized. The questions were directed towards my experience, skills, behaviors and work ethic. It was very thorough and the fact that three levels of management were concerned about hiring the right person was appreciated. In retrospect it may have been more of a control issue than the latter.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was probably in regards to my 5 years experience and whether it related to the position that i was applying for. I guess the strong implication that it did not apply and was not really considered valid was much unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very profesional. We went back and forth a few times based on salary and vacation time.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen about a week before the BHE (are you eligible to work in U.S.? why do you want to work at Baker Hughes?). BHE is pretty much exactly like others have described. You give your product line and geographic preferences at the very end and it seems that that's how they eliminate people.

The only difference was they gave us an offer or not on the second day. We all waited outside a room and one by one they told us yes or no. They'll tell you they'll get back to you in a week but don't or that they'll keep your resume. They lie to your faces saying they are interviewing for all product lines and locations based on availability and where they think you'd fit but really are only hiring for the locations and product lines that they have hiring managers for there.

If you're looking for a good field job, this is it. Just be open to go into the product lines and locations that the hiring managers are from. Be personable, ask relevant questions. And for the part assemblies, the pieces are numbered. Just follow the instructions. Mayan test is fairly easy. Just know how it works and use lines instead of blocks to save time when converting between mayan and arabic (normal 1,2,3..). The quiz after the info session on the first day does not matter.

Interview Questions

• Rate how you think you're doing during the interview on a scale of 1-10. Who was the leader in your group (from the final presentation where you sell Baker Hughes to college students)?   1 Answer

HSE Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Step one was a phone call from a third party operator. He asked various standard HSE related questions and asked for background information as well. Step two was a face to face group interview. Interview included a director, a manager, and what would eventually be team members. It was straight forward with various question from all involved.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the history of the company?
      What makes you an asset to our company?
      Various questions on work history and the health, safety, and environmental fields.
      Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very basic and they did not ask me any challenging questions. Now that I think back, I would not have chosen to work there based on that interview. The interview did not ask me relevant questions and the team did not seem engaged or interested in anything new.

Interview Questions

• What my previous experience was.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Group interview. Went through a variety of different group exercises which were graded by a panel. Activities included building a rig model and questions on ethics. Other parts included two tests one on math and one with writing.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused on where you wanted to work and questions about your resume. Informal questions from hiring manager.   Answer Question

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

As a veteran, I went through a Military Officer Recruiting firm. We were called to attend a Hiring Conference in the city/region that we desired to work in. It was a three day process. The first day was learning the process, getting tips and tricks for the interviews and being provided insight to the companies we would be interviewing with the next day. On day two we started the interview process. 30 mins to an hour were allotted for each interview. We were located in a nice hotel, each company representative had their own suite to conduct the interviews in. Depending on the number of possible interviews it can be a very long day. I had seven interviews (max of 8 due to time) that day and it was VERY stressful, only to become more stressed after speaking to one company that the fit was a poor fit for me. Third day is when the recruiting company works with the companies and determines who was a match. I received three offers from companies to visit their facilities. Visited Baker Hughes and had a job offer on the table within the first 15 mins of speaking with my future boss.

Interview Questions

• How willing are you to travel?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your past experiences that show you'd be a good fit into this company/job?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

Hated the experience, did not allow for interaction with the executives that were present.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

First round of interviews was on college campus.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time when you had something difficult to do in short amount of time.   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Very unprofessional. The hiring manager didn’t show up or give notice to other interviewers. With 18 plus years of experience in supply chain and sourcing on my resume, one of the interviewers was asking me questions about my high school graduation date, collage GPA, internships and what I did in school. Plus one of them couldn’t give a firm handshake or look me in the eye.

Interview Questions

• High school graduation date, collage GPA   1 Answer

Unprofessional and lack of etiquette