Baker Hughes Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Baker Hughes Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The company flew around 30 people out to Houston, TX. My flight was around 1400 dollars so I was sure to get the job due to the company spending so much money. Well it was obvious that they were looking for a white male to work for them. A few of the managers there showed no interest in me. I would smile, speak, as questions and they showed no interest.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question. Everything that the others wrote is valid. There is a test about mayan numbers. We did not how to know all the managers name nor tested on it. We were not able to choose our top 3 product lines thou.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online, met them at career fair, went to info session. Got an email for a video interview about two months later. Heard I passed the interview one month after. Got a job offer one month after that.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions. They asked "Why Baker Hughes? What do you like about this company? Why do you want to work here? What division are you interested in?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got an excellent offer so I did not feel need to negotiate.

Downstream Chemicals Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

They paid to fly us down to Houston for a 2 day interview. There were about 25 new college grads and a ton of managers looking to hire.

The first night we had dinner and got to meet with the managers. The second day we went through a series of activities including building an oil rig and taking a mayan roman numerals test.

We were told we would be hearing about offers within the next 2 weeks. A manager contacted me and did a little phone interview then hired me!

Interview Questions

• Build a coat of arms with 4 things about yourself and present it.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Brief face to face meeting with the Hiring Manager who already had a candidate pre-determined and this was simply to achieve his minimum number of interviews quota. The entire face to face lasted less than 30 minutes and was very unfulfilling.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

On campus behavioral interview then invited to the Baker Hughes Experience which you can read all about here or other google results. Seriously just talk to the managers, I didn't do great on the evaluations but I made sure all the managers knew me and it worked all right. If you really need a job, find a manager or two you get along with, dedicate yourself to those product lines, ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS, and if you really want one, find out where nobody wants to go and request that area. Have a beer or two with them if they're in the bar but don't be an idiot.

Interview Questions

• weirdest part was prolly the ethics and safety case study test things.   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

1. Met with Baker Hughes representatives at campus job fair and made interview appointment on the spot but still had to apply online.
    2. One on one interview with three behavior questions. Was fairly easy.
    3. Waited a week or so and got email for invitation to Baker Hughes Experience (BHE).
    4. BHE lasted for two days and consisted of various assessments to see how one interacts with others. Everyone is assessed constantly for the entire two days.
    5. Presentation on last day and was asked to list preference on product line and locations.
    6. Couple days later was offered a job with second choice on product line and location.

Interview Questions

• One on one and panel interview consisted of behavior questions and nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I met with Baker-Hughes at a university career fair. After speaking with their representatives, they set-up an interview. First round was very basic, behavioral based questions. The next day, I got an email stating I passed the first round and was recommended to the second round. I heard nothing for an entire month until I received an invite to the Baker Hughes experience. The event was a little disappointing, but still challenging. In place of standard interviews, they had us do a number of activities: doing a group case, building an oil rig from sticks and tape, debating activity, and other small ones.

Interview Questions

• During the Baker-Hughes experience, the most challenging part was debating different scenarios. They had you choose sides on fictional situations, then present an argument and counter argument to all who thought differently. Seemed like the ultimate goal was to judge your speaking skills and influencing skills   Answer Question

RDD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Through campus career fair, get campus interview. Ask your background and whether you are familiar with Baker Hughes. Then 4 questions: 1, do you meet any difficulty in your work, how do you resolve? 2, Do you work agaist deadline? 3, Do you meet conflict in your work? 4, Did you set a goal before? How do you achieve it? What's final result?

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Met at a career fair, presented myself, got called for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited to the BHE in houston. 2 and a half day event, all you're really doing is presenting yourself to hiring managers. Got a phone call the evening of the last day of the BHE offering me a job.

Interview Questions

• "What are your fears of being a field engineer?" all questions are behavioral based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Application

Interview

Initial 15 min interview on university campus with basic questions and 4 behavioral questions. Then invited to 3 day and 2 night event in Houston for Baker Hughes Experience. Long series of meeting manager and employees, exams, tests, and info sessions, and is a long process. 3 exams- logic/mathematics, case study, and hands-on. Series of behavior group questions and debates.

Interview Questions

• Given 10 mins to take apart and reassemble oil field tool with missing parts. No instructions given to goal, so you must come to your own conclusion that you must take it apart and assemble with missing pieces   1 Answer

Negotiation

1 week accept or decline offer