Baker Hughes Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

3.1

216 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

You need to apply to the job site. Then a recruiter will screen your profile against the Job requirements. If you minimum requirements are met, then the Talent Acquisition Lead or a senior recruiter will call you for a more in depth-interview. The process usually will take from the hiring manager + 2 business leaders + 1 Senior Executive + HR Director

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I only negotiated time for my relocation. The benefits were good and time given also plenty to move from Fl to TX

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

The initial "Phone Screen" was a little weird at first but the interviewer was personable and made the conversation/interview comfortable. She asked general behavioral interview questions that related to your undergraduate and real life experiences. I have yet to hear back after 2 weeks due to it now being the winter holiday season and as the interviewer said, many hiring managers were out of town.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you experienced failure? What did you do to solve the problem and what did you learn from the situation?   Answer Question

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

The BHE was the second and final round of interviews for me as it is for most people. This can last up to 3 days where the best thing to do is acquaint yourself with the managers, sit with them and talk about yourself and experiences. They will hire someone easy to talk to. Communication skills are a must!!!! My experience had 3 written exams, 2 group activities, and a presentation about Baker Hughes. The best advice i can give is never give up if you can't figure something out, management looks at your body language. You are more than your resume.

Interview Questions

• Technical Situation where you used knowledge gained in school   Answer Question

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Stage 1 was college recruiting. Stage 2: It took about 3 months before I got a feedback inviting me for a site visit tagged "Baker Hughes experience". This lasted about 3 days. You are joined by other applicants of about 30. You carry out various activities ranging from group presentations, skills test, written test, mechanical, chemical and electrical aptitude tests. A 1 on 1 was the last event which took place about 10 PM after networking dinner. You wake up about 5am each morning. The goal was to give you the field experience ahead of the real job. At the end of it all, you are then asked if you are still interested in the job. Who would say no? A verbal offer came over the phone about 2 days after the event followed a written offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for baker hughes?
      Are you willing to work in harsh environments?   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone after applying online. They set up a phone interview that consisted of some simple behavior questions, structured around your technical work and assignment experience. About an hour later I got an email saying I had made it to the 2nd round and I was invited to participate in the Baker Hughes Experience in Houston.

I flew out about a week and a half later for the 2 day event/interview/assessment. There were 15 other candidates there, but we were told that we were not competing against each other and each person would have an opportunity to get a job with Baker Hughes. The first day was just a dinner and an opportunity to network with some managers and current employees. It can be a little repetitive but it's important to make sure people remember you so be sure to speak up and ask questions. After dinner there was a quiz about Baker Hughes based on a video you will watch, so as another poster said before, take notes if you can.

Day 2 was long. Very long. Be sure you get some good sleep. We ran a bit late but we started our day at 6:30am and didn't get back to the hotel til 6:30pm. Throughout the day you will be assessed, so be very aware of how you are presenting yourself and how you are speaking. You will go through a number of structured activities and assessments where it is more about the process than the product. Just like before, make sure you speak up and that during the group activities you are making distinguishable contributions that you can speak about after you're done. Throughout the day you will have some opportunities to speak with the managers, some VPs, and others who will have an influence on the hiring decisions, so don't spend all your time just talking to the other candidates. Our day ended with a 45 minute tour of the facility followed by a few closing words from the recruiter.

Still waiting for a response, but they said we should hear back within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The company flew around 30 people out to Houston, TX. My flight was around 1400 dollars so I was sure to get the job due to the company spending so much money. Well it was obvious that they were looking for a white male to work for them. A few of the managers there showed no interest in me. I would smile, speak, as questions and they showed no interest.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question. Everything that the others wrote is valid. There is a test about mayan numbers. We did not how to know all the managers name nor tested on it. We were not able to choose our top 3 product lines thou.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online, met them at career fair, went to info session. Got an email for a video interview about two months later. Heard I passed the interview one month after. Got a job offer one month after that.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions. They asked "Why Baker Hughes? What do you like about this company? Why do you want to work here? What division are you interested in?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got an excellent offer so I did not feel need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

On campus behavioral interview then invited to the Baker Hughes Experience which you can read all about here or other google results. Seriously just talk to the managers, I didn't do great on the evaluations but I made sure all the managers knew me and it worked all right. If you really need a job, find a manager or two you get along with, dedicate yourself to those product lines, ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS, and if you really want one, find out where nobody wants to go and request that area. Have a beer or two with them if they're in the bar but don't be an idiot.

Interview Questions

• weirdest part was prolly the ethics and safety case study test things.   Answer Question

Downstream Chemicals Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

They paid to fly us down to Houston for a 2 day interview. There were about 25 new college grads and a ton of managers looking to hire.

The first night we had dinner and got to meet with the managers. The second day we went through a series of activities including building an oil rig and taking a mayan roman numerals test.

We were told we would be hearing about offers within the next 2 weeks. A manager contacted me and did a little phone interview then hired me!

Interview Questions

• Build a coat of arms with 4 things about yourself and present it.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Brief face to face meeting with the Hiring Manager who already had a candidate pre-determined and this was simply to achieve his minimum number of interviews quota. The entire face to face lasted less than 30 minutes and was very unfulfilling.