Baker Hughes Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 10, 2017

3.1

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and after a couple of days received an email asking me to complete the digital interview through Hirevue.

Same drill - 10 questions, 30 sec prep, 3 minutes to answer, no mulligans. It was a little intense. I was running out of "real examples" to give.

The following day I received an email congratulating me and stating that I have successfully passed the initial interview stage, my application will be passed to second selection stage, and I would be recommended as a suitable candidate. To keep your ego in check, at the end of the email they write, "Please remember that your status makes you eligible for the second round interview, but does not guarantee you will be selected to attend."

Now I wait.

The interview questions posted here are one-sentence, truncated versions of what they really ask during the digital interview. Yes, they cover the general idea of the question, but some literally have 8+ questions within a single question that I assumed we had to answer on the fly as well.

So here I break bread for all the help I received. I posted the ten complete questions in the order I received them.

Good luck gentlemen.

Interview Questions

• Question 1:
      Give a real example of a technical problem you solved using knowledge you learned at school or from experience in your most recent role? What was the problem? What actions did you take to succeed? What barrier did you overcome? What was the outcome? What did you learn from the experience?
    • Question 2:
      Please describe a real situation in which you had to troubleshoot and fix the failure of a piece equipment/machine? What was the equipment/machine? What steps did you go through to troubleshoot? What steps did you go through to fix the problem? What was the outcome?
    • Question 3:
      Please describe a situation in which you were assigned a technical task with a tight deadline. Please describe the assigned task and required time frame. Please describe the steps and procedure you took to complete this task. What was the outcome?
    • Question 4:
      Projects need to be completed on time and/or on budget. Describe a time when you were fully accountable for managing a project/piece of work. What was the task? How did you plan your time? What action did you take to avoid delay? Describe the efforts you took in attempting to meet the deadline? What constraints did you need to overcome? What was the outcome? If you were to do the same task again, what would you do differently?
    • Question 5:
      Give a real example when you lead a group through a challenging situation? What as the situation? What steps did you take to lead the group? What obstacles did you overcome? How did you handle non-cooperative group member? What was the outcome? What would you do differently if you faced the same situation again?
    • Question 6:
      A good idea/ suggestion can sometimes be met with opposition. Please describe a recent situation where you had to deal with resistance to the idea you presented. Outline the background. What was the resistance? How did you deal with it? Did you modify your idea/ suggestion? Was your idea/ suggestion finally accepted? If not, why? What did you learn from this experience?
    • Question 7:
      Tell us about a recent problem that came up at your current job or in your school work for which old solutions would not work. What was the situation? Why didn't the old solution work? What steps did you take to come up with a new solution? What help did you need to achieve a positive outcome? What was the outcome?
    • Question 8:
      Please describe a recent situation where you had to work in a team with someone who failed to deliver on his/her part of the assignment. Outline the context. What actions did you take to encourage your colleague to contribute? How did you handle his/her reactions? What did you learn from this experience that will help you in future team activities?
    • Question 9:
      Please provide at least 3 reasons why you want to join Baker Hughes as a Field Engineer?
    • Question 10:
      Tell me everything else about yourself that you think is relevant to your application as a Field Engineer in Baker Hughes. Why should we hire you?

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

First I applied online which took about 10 minutes. After a few days I received notice to do an online, prerecorded interview of 10 questions at 3 minutes apiece. About 3 weeks later I received notice that I passed this round of interviews but am not guaranteed a spot at the next round of interviews. I am now waiting to hear back again (it has been about 2 weeks).

Interview Questions

• The usual questions everyone posted, though be careful they changed a few of the questions slightly so don't just memorize them. I.e. on here somebody was asked "Name 3 reasons you'd like to work as a field engineer at Baker hughes" where I got "Name 3 difficulties you might encounter working in the field as a field engineer at baker hughes"   2 Answers

Health and Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Online interview in which you answer questions. It was a awkward answering questions as you are responding to a recorded video which eliminates the benefit of reading body language. The questions were behavioral and specific for the health and safety position. Understand safety policies and be able to apply it to behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you implemented a Stop action and what were the consequences related with it?   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was online, by hirehue software. It was really a weird experience since you don't have a person in front of you and all you have to do is talk about your CV. So make sure you know what you're talking about

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on their website, took about 1 month before i got email saying i had been selected for the first round of interviews. Had 5 days to complete the interview. A few days later I completed it and no response since 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work for us?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met with Vice President first - then called back for interview with Executive. The only drawback was that the Executive wanted to hire me and it took a month for HR to catch up with the process to get me hired. I was there until I was laid off when the company was going to be bought out.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years   1 Answer

Recent Graduate Research, Design & Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Congratulations you have been selected for a digital interview with Baker Hughes for the Recent Graduate Research, Design & Development Engineer - 2017 Opportunities position! An e-mail was sent to you from HireVue with instructions on how to begin the interview. I don't know about the further hiring process. You need to represent yourself as if this was an actual personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Please provide at least 3 facts why you want to join Baker Hughes ?
      Tell me everything else about yourself that you think is relevant to your application in Baker Hughes. Why should we hire you?
      2 Answers

Commercial Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

Received a phone call from HR to do a prescreening. Received another call from HR with a few follow up questions from my resume. A few days later I was invited to interview. A few days after the interview I was offered the position. To finish the process I did a drug screening and filled out an application for a background check.

Interview Questions

• Why did you end your employment with your previous positions?
      One of our company's core qualities is integrity. How have you showed integrity in your life?
      Please refer to a time when you disagreed with your supervisor. What happened and how did you deal with it?
      2 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Graduate Field Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a 2 day interview in Houston. 25 of us interviewed in a group I. Front of various product lines. We performed many group activities as well as several individual skills tests. In the end 19 people got jobs

Interview Questions

• There weren't any individual sit down interview questions. They did ask the occasional question In passing   Answer Question

Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with different managers in the department and they asked some basic questions about the products in the department. Just have some basic understanding of oil equipments and how to read engineering drawings Nothing too technical.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the ways a packer is set in the well bore?   1 Answer