Baker Hughes Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker Hughes Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online, met them at career fair, went to info session. Got an email for a video interview about two months later. Heard I passed the interview one month after. Got a job offer one month after that.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions. They asked "Why Baker Hughes? What do you like about this company? Why do you want to work here? What division are you interested in?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got an excellent offer so I did not feel need to negotiate.

R&D Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Tempe, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

Basic behavioral interview for the first round, asked questions like "why Baker Hughes" and "Tell me a time you failed and what did you learn".. I thought the latter was a tricky one. Got an e-mail a couple weeks later saying I passed the first round of interviews but never heard back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you failed and how did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had a problem with a team member; how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Rolla, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

Position: Mechanical R&D Engineer
    This was day after our career fair at the the university.

Interview Questions

• The questions were behavioral
      1. Tell be about a situation where you had to work as a team player?
      Answer Question
    • 2. Tell me about time when you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question
    • 3. Tell me about a time when you did a mistake and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • 4. Why do you want to work for Baker Hughes   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a project design competition for my university and he told me to give him a call if I was interested in working with them. The phone interview took place about a week after contacting him and was very traditional questions about my resume. It took a long time after the initial contact with him for an in-person interview to be scheduled, but after the interview I received an offer in a week.

The interview was very relaxed. It consisted of the recruiter, the manager in the division, and myself. We sat in his office and chatted for a while and he worked in questions about my past experience and how I handled problems in the workplace. Nothing nontraditional until he handed me a large piece of metal (piece of a drilling rig) and asked me what I thought it was. I guessed based on its design and turned out to be dead on even though I had never seen it before. I don't know if that really impressed him or not.

Interview Questions

• Nothing nontraditional until he handed me a large piece of metal (piece of a drilling rig) and asked me what I thought it was.   1 Answer

I chose to move to another city. If I wanted to remain in Houston I most certainly would have accepted the offer.

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied through our career website and got an interview call. Interview went ok and am supposed to wait for a couple of weeks to get the result which never happened(It's over a month now). I think baker hughes has the history of neglecting people by not even letting know the interview result to the people interviewed as this is not the first time I've learned about such an experience with baker hughes.

Interview Questions

• All were behavioral questions. A kind of a stress interview wherein the interviewer was asking questions at high frequency.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied for position and about a month after application got a phone interview. The next day I got a call for a face to face interview the following week. After the interview it went silent for about 5 weeks, but then got the job.
    Interview itself was unique. I was very few questions, it was just a tour around the shop floor. I think the interview was more about my interest level and the types of questions that I asked the interviewer.
    I did a lot of research for the position including technical details of the product, and this really paid off because I could ask intelligent questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but he asked 'out of 164 applicants why do you think that you are the best candidate?'   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The starting salary was very good and I didn't feel the need.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2012.

Interview

Questions asked:

- Favorite subject in school?
    - Tell me about mistake you made and what you learned from it?
    - Tell me about a situation where you had trouble with a teammember and how did you deal with it?

Overall pretty easy to prepare for based on the experiences and reports of other glassdoor members.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had a problem with a team member and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Lagos (Nigeria)) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was huge stressful in area of sitting and waiting for HR personnel to arrange the venue same day and time delaying. - As I have to do multitasking in our work so there is lot of pressure where in I have to submit the delighted task on time as I am very calm person so I can transform accordingly during any pressure situation. We have maintained seven strings of reservoir characterization explorer equipments in two weeks of which we worked under pressure to deliver on deadline (though it was stressed experience I had, but of good).

Interview Questions

• Briefly tell us about yourself. Why should we hire you?, What do you think of working in a team? , How do you react to instruction and criticism? , How well do you work under pressure or tight deadlines?   Answer Question