Baker Hughes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Doha (Qatar)) in March 2017.

Interview

online interview they ask you ten questions , each question you should ans it withen fife min or less ,
    the interview takes almost 30 min , it was very long questions they give you before you anser the qustion one or two min to think and ans there qusetion.

Interview Questions

• three fact of you that we should hire you as field engineer   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Cairo (Egypt)) in April 2012.

Interview

Very creative through interviews, exams , IQ, technical , assessments and lots of teamwork projects. it is a great company to work for, though tough to balance out life, lets say it is impossible to balance

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want this job? work/life balance is not that cool, vacations are not there!   1 Answer

Lead Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Took about three weeks. Started with an HR interview, followed by a phone interview of around 10 folks. Then a one-on-one session with about 15 folks. The interview was horrible. The folks seems rude in person. There were two folks that basically cornered me an asked me first year engineering questions after I have been out of college for 10 years. I stated I can look it up and tell them an answer right away and they insulted me stating I am not an engineer.

I would not work for a company that insults people in the interview itself. I had escorted myself out of the interview and have no regrets.

Interview Questions

• What is the first pin you program on any FPGA?
      What's a Design you have worked on and lay it out. (I had to say all my stuff is classified and they didn't like that answer)
      Here is a circuit, tell me how you will do analysis?
      Answer Question

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baljān (Iraq)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Baljān (Iraq)) in November 2012.

Interview

2 days contain questions , games , presentation , math skills, they call it experience day to see all the functions of baker hughes segments Baker hughes will simply change your life
    they will speak to you about all the trainings that you are going to get

Interview Questions

• Presentation about Baker Hughes   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing to be negotiated

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

This was a multi-day interview, conducted at both hotel and in plant. Conducted almost entirely in group format. Group project was assigned at the conclusion of the first day of interviews for presentation the second morning. The project was worked in groups of four, interviewers came from multiple business organizations.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in November 2014.

Interview

First step is simple online submission. My cv was not great but I had international experience. Second step is online standard interview. You have 30 second to prapare and 60 to answer. They are ripetitive so is a challenge not to say two times the same things. They are like your experience even if u are graduate with no experience, and why u want to be in BH and how did you manage complex situations. Third step is the assesment center. This is very very intesive. ALL kind of test, practical like ph measure or tube misure or valve assembly with techical sheets, building a well with paper, presentation, qi and so on. better be very fluent in english. prove that you can be a leader and state your good ideas. third stage they took one person on about 10. so very difficult

Interview Questions

• what position would you like to have and why?   1 Answer
    • tell a time when you disagreed with boss and why   1 Answer

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brunei (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Brunei (Malaysia)) in November 2014.

Interview

The application is via online as usual. Then I received an email told me to do an interview via HireVue, the self recorded interview. Then the next steps were easy, and I will told you the 1st stage was the hardest. Here is the questions, feast your eyes.

Interview Questions

• There is 9 questions. 7 of them were behavior questions, with lots of following sub-questions. So you can assume there is 45 questions. I printscreen and captured the all the questions except question no 4. So the questions is exactly as told here. Thank me later.

Question 1:
      Give a real example of a technical problem you solved using knowledge you learned at school or from experience in your most recent role? What was the problem? What actions did you take to succeed? What barrier did you overcome? What was the outcome? What did you learn from the experience?

Question 2:
      Please describe a real situation in which you had to troubleshoot and fix the failure of a piece equipment/machine? What was the equipment/machine? What steps did you go through to troubleshoot? What steps did you go through to fix the problem? What was the outcome?

Question 3:
      Please describe a situation in which you were assigned a technical task with a tight deadline. Please describe the assigned task and required time frame. Please describes the steps and procedure you took to complete this task. What was the outcome?

Question 4:
      DID NOT KNOW. CANT REMEMBER

Question 5:
      Give a real example when you leas a group through a challenging situation? What as the situation? What steps did you take to lead the group? What obstacles did you overcome? How did you handle non-cooperative group member?What was the outcome? What would you do differently if you faced the same situation again?

Question 6:
      A good idea/ suggestion can sometimes be met with opposition. Please describe a recent situation where you had to deal with resistance to the idea you presented. Outline the background. What was the resistance? How did you deal with it? Did you modify your idea/ suggestion? Was your idea/ suggestion finally accepted? If not, why? What did you learn from this experience.

Question 7:
      Tell us about a recent problem that came up at your current job or in your school work for which old solutions would not work. What was the situation? Why didn't the old solution work? What steps did you take to come up with a new solution? What help did you need to achieve a positive outcome? What was the outcome?

Question 8:
      Please provide at least 3 reasons why you want to join Baker Hughes as a Field Engineer?

Question 9:
      Tell me everything else about yourself that you think is relevant to your application as a Field Engineer in Baker Hughes. Why should we hire you?
      2 Answers

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leduc, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Leduc, AB (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

The first step is to apply online, similar to many other jobs. After the online application I received an email asking me to complete a digital interview containing 9 questions. About a week or two after the digital interview I received a call asking if I would like to take part in the BHE (Baker Hughes Experience). I went to the BHE and found that it was really well put together. They had managers from every service that they were hiring, and it was extremely informative. They sit everyone down at the end and tell you a yes/no. I was personally very impressed with the BHE, it was difficult but it shows that they care.

Now as a bonus I want to compare this to the Schlumberger (SLB) second round interview. SLB only had hiring managers from 2 of the services that were hiring. I found SLB constantly trying to amp up wireline, and if you asked them any questions they always acted as if SLB is the best. It was a lot of fun, but in my opinion the BHE did a much better job from a recruitment standpoint. This blew me away, as I was initially leaning towards SLB very heavily. Good job Baker Hughes!

Interview Questions

• At the BHE - be ready to have your mind tested to the max. The debate was extremely difficult, they grill you extensively in front of the entire room. There are written tests, technical tests, team building mini-projects, presentations, and more. This is the hardest but most effective interview that I have ever taken part of, but by the end you will know whether or not Baker Hughes (or any field engineer) positions is right for you.

Which of the 5 Baker Hughes core values do you think you represent the most?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

It's generous, I don't think I will be doing much negotiation. Start date is also flexible.

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Douala (Cameroon)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Douala (Cameroon)) in November 2014.

Interview

je me souviens avoir postulé dans leur site 2mois avant qu'ils ne m'envoient un mail me signalant que j'etais sélectionné pour une hirevue une sorte d'interview avec webcam; j'etais tres excitée.javais postulé maintefois et aujoudhui c'etait mon tour.Finalement par la grace de Dieu je l'ai reussi ce test et l'etape suivante etait le test de langue et ensuite j'attends aujourdhui la convocation qui est je crois l'avant dernier étape

Interview Questions

• finalement les questions etaient d'ordre technique; du genre as tu déjà eu à travaillé sur un projet quels etaient les délais comment as t réagi et quelle lecon as tu tiré de là.   15 Answers

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online, one week later, I got the digital interview. There were 9 questions, 3 minutes each, 30 seconds to get ready ... I'm waiting for the interview results... I wrote everything and read all my answers, I hope that doesn't affect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a real situation in which you fix a machine, how did you fix it?   1 Answer