Baker Hughes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

I originally applied online and was asked a few weeks later to do a video interview on HireVue. The interview was 9 questions with about 4 of them being essentially the same question with different variations: give an example of when you had to solve a technical problem, difficulties you had, timeline, what would you do differently etc. I was then contacted about a week later to go to Houston, TX for the Baker Hughes Experience. At the end of the two day experience I received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had a part fail and how did you deal with it?   2 Answers

Field Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Digital interview is the first stage of the hiring process. I get the email notification from HireVue, the hiring partner of Baker Hughes. The interview consists of 9 questions. You need to really remember your experience and what you have done in the past, especially your leadership and technical experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell one task you have ever done with your technical knowledge.   Answer Question

RDD Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Video interview, then the Baker Hughes Experience. The baker Hughes experience was schedule so the first night was a dinner with the managers. The second day there were two main assessments. The assembly and tools assessment and the case study assessment. Verbal offers were given at the end.

Interview Questions

• Test assessments with a math test, assembly and tools test, and a case study   Answer Question

Field Engineer I Interview

Interview

After a phone and face interview that deal with behavioral questions, the Baker Hughes Experience is for 2 days. It is very relaxed but remember that you are being analyzed at all times. Make sure you show your personality and desire to work there.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview is the lack of sleep. Be ready to mingle and show your personality but make sure you pace yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need. They take care of you.

Petroleum Engineering Summer Interview

Interview

I applied for an interview and was accepted after a Career Fair event. I had gone golfing with the recruiter before so it took lots of the pressure off. Questions were nothing out of the ordinary mostly a conversation. Baker does have a long interview process, after first round invited to a Baker event. I thought it was getting a little out of control. One of my peers accepted a position, he had a different interview process.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer questions about your transcript, they will have it right in front of them!   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

video interview on HireVu, normal question as mentioned . questions about background experience in proplems solving, group work, Leadership. still waiting for next steps
    The process may take a lot of time. So focus first on Video interview and try to show your experience either in your studies or your work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

i was asked to take a video interview on hire view and all the questions were pretty much the same as posted before, i was really nervous so i dont know how i did it, so im waiting to hear from them soon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Went through the "Baker Hughes Experience". Did a summer internship the previous summer, and got invited to the Baker Hughes Experience in Houston for a full time opportunity in the fall. Went through a recorded video interview for the internship- no other screen before the Baker Hughes Experience. Hiring managers from around the US are there to observe/rate you and you get an offer on the spot at the end of the two days. Variety of individual/group tasks that you have to do. Meals are your opportunity to network with the hiring managers. Most (over half at least) of the people in the group on my days got an offer. Seems like they are looking for a level of outspokenness/social interaction (without being overbearing)

Interview Questions

• Was with a group of ~30 people. Two full days of group activities, a mix of information about the company, openings, etc, and presenting about yourself/tasks. Hiring managers are there from multiple locations/business divisions. They evaluate you in all the tasks. Ex: presenting about yourself, building a structure with straws and tape, assembling something from a drawing/instructions, etc. You have time to eat with the managers during meal times- so it is critical to meet with managers you are interesting in working for then.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

First was a Skype interview. Then a three day program called the Baker Hughes Experience. It was alright. Learned a lot about the company and did a series of tests and interviews. It was fairly easy, you just have to use common sense.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Typical behavioral questions asking about how you acted in certain situations. They basically want to know how you react in certain pressure situations where you have to deal with challenging problems and while working within a team. Prepare 4 to 5 stories from your professional experience or school days that you can relate to.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question