Baker Hughes Junior Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker Hughes Junior Field Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

After filling out the online application I was contacted a month later for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes in a standard behavioral format. Look up the Core Values on the Baker Hughes web site and try to have your answers address each of them. A month after the phone interview I received an invitation to the Baker Hughes Experience (BHE). A month after that I attended the BHE. On the next business day after the BHE I received a phone call offering me a field engineer position in the product line I wanted.

You can find descriptions of the various aspects of the BHE from other entries on this site. I would like to give some tips for success so you can have the best chance of getting an offer. First, make sure you dress professionally. The dress code is business casual, so if you're male wear some slacks, nice shoes and a well-fitting long-sleeve button up shirt (tucked in). A tie is not needed. Next, remember to speak up and ask intelligent questions at every opportunity. The more you speak up, the more you get noticed. Have some knowledge of the various product lines so you can ask intelligent questions. You should go beyond the Baker Hughes website in your research because it's not suited for beginners.

The most important thing is to build relationships with the product line managers. There will be one hiring manager present from each product line that's hiring. Use EVERY opportunity to converse with them. This means during meal times, on the bus ride, while everyone's waiting around, etc. It's pretty much a free-for-all when it comes to getting face time with the managers so don't be shy, be assertive and confident. Learn their first names and use them. Ask questions that demonstrate your understanding of the product line, your curiosity about the field engineer lifestyle, and your desire to get to know the manager personally. The managers are asking themselves, "would I want to work beside this person for the next 3 years or longer?" Don't talk too much unless you have something very funny to say or an interesting question. Just ask questions and listen to their answers without interrupting, while giving solid eye contact. The eye contact part is very important.

Another thing is to brush up on your presentation skills. The biggest tips for making an impact during a presentation are to vary the pitch, tempo, volume and intonation of your voice to make it sound interesting (no monotone or ultra-quiet voice). Also don't hide behind a sheet of paper in your hands. Step forward when it's your turn to speak, keep a wide, confident stance, and use your hands to gesture and emphasize what you're saying.

That's about it. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you demonstrated integrity, performance, teamwork or learning. (make sure you have answers that address each of them)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Baker Hughes Experience (BHE) is described in several other posts, in my particular case I was also interviewed by my managers before the BHE. It's not that the process is overly difficult, it's just very involved and you are constantly in interview mode for 2 straight days. Even the bus ride was an interview session.

Interview Questions

• The questions part of the BHE is all BDI, the difficult part of the BHE is staying up all night making a presentation you need to deliver the next morning at 6 am.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they have set rates for JFEs

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2014.

Interview

took 2 months,I got an interview for baker huges on the phone and the questions were all behavioural. very simple talk with hr representative and after talk you are promoted to the next stage.

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Kraków (Poland)) in June 2013.

Interview

A month after uploading my application at bakerhughes.com/careers I've been contacted by email to arrange a phone interview. They called a week later and invited me to another step of hiring process, which was language (English) test. I passed the test with a very good result, but they didn't contact me again yet.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a "difficult" person and how did you hadle that cooperation   Answer Question

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2013.

Interview

I was called up for a telephone interview, the interview lasted for about 30 min. About 30 min after the interview I was called up again and invited to the Baker Hughes Experience. The BH Experience lasted for two days and was filled with different kinds of interviews and tests, such as logical tests, math, mechanical/technical, team work,ethics and moral tests. At the end of the second day of interviews, I was offered the job as a Graduate(LEAD) Field Engineer.

Interview Questions

• Choose three words that describes you, explain why you chose those words.

Then give examples from your life that you can connect to these words.
      Answer Question

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in December 2012.

Interview

After a phone in interview a one on one interview in Baker hughes training facilities in Dubai. Very friendly atmosphere and very nice people. I wish i got through...

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online for graduate Field Engineer position, and after 4 weeks I got an invitation email to make a schedule for phone interview, and BH university recruiter call me via skype. The interview is all about my study back ground, my behavior, work experienced that I have and about subject incollege that I love, and the last about team management experienced. After the phone interview which took 58 minutes than the interviewer sent me a Global english test+ email, and I have to did the test and reach level 5 at least. If I pass the english test, at the end of may I will received an email for BHE, and I did, the BHE will be held on 19-20 June 2012 in jakarta. So right now I'm still prepare for the BHE and hopefully I can join BH at the end.

Interview Questions

• Have you faced a problem in group or team project, what problem and how you deal with it?   1 Answer

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2012.

Interview

I went through a series of 3 telephone interviews before being invited to the Baker Hughes Experience. The questions were pretty straight forward and were similar to the questions posted on this forum. I am about to take part in the 2 day Baker Hughes Experience and advice from friends who work for the company have advised to relax and be myself - fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult colleague?   1 Answer

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2012.

Interview

it was pretty straight forward.more to look for character. start with checking name, gpa

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2011.

Interview

Asked me about strenghts and weaknesses, courses I liked at uni, nothing difficult-was just as other people wrote - the questions were even in teh same order.
    After the phone interview I had an online english exam, and nearly 3 months later was invited to the Baker Hughes Experience - will be attending.