Baker Hughes, a GE company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Baker Hughes, a GE company

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company (Billerica, MA).

Interview

2 Phone screens and an on-site that I declined.

First phone screen was a generic screener call. For the second, I spoke with an engineering manager and a senior software engineer. Fantastic conversation, roughly 30 minutes behavioral, and 30 minutes technical. I genuinely enjoyed the process and the conversation I had.

Unfortunately for Baker Hughes, they took somewhere between 3-4 weeks to extend an on-site interview invitation, and by that time I had accepted another position.

In summary: I got a great impression from their engineering department, but not so much of a great impression from their HR.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minden, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company (Minden, NV) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied and was contacted a week later by a recruiter named Preet Bhatia. The recruiter asked to if I would be able to do a 30 minute phone interview. Since it was only a 30 minute interview, I scheduled it during my lunch hours. The interview was scheduled as discussed and 3 hours later, it was changed to 1 hour without discussion - I just received an email regarding the change. Very unprofessional.

I brushed it off and did the interview anyways. I was interviewed by one of the Software Engineering Managers. It was fairly easy - I was asked about my experience and also some object oriented questions. Interviewer was nice and I was able to answer all questions fairly easily.

The following business day, I was contacted again by the recruiter for an in-person interview. I simply inquired about the salary range before proceeding and scheduling an in-person interview as I was not given this information beforehand. I wanted to know what the compensation range for this position was because I've done long and involved interviews before and have received offers way below the market. After asking for this information, I never received a reply again. I tried to contact the recruiter again a week later and never got a reply. Again, extremely unprofessional - I wish you luck if you work for a company like this.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience in your current position. Standard object-oriented questions - 4 pillars of OOP.   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Relaxed, chit chatted got to know each other first to break the ice, fairly informal. I was well qualified for the position. Asked some usual interview questions about on the job scenarios. Tested me on some analysis skills, the whole process was scheduled for 1 hour but went an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What I would do if it was Friday at 3 o'clock and the supplier was putting us on credit hold and not delivering any more product.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company in July 2017.

Interview

My interview process was video-recording based. Most of the interviews were behavioral and situational questions. I think if you practice several questions from the Glassdoor reviews helped me a lot. I've passed the first rounds of interview process but never heard from the next round.

Interview Questions

• Give a real example of a technical problem you solved using knowledge you learned at school or from experience in your most recent role? What was the problem? What actions did you take to succeed? What barrier did you overcome? What was the outcome? What did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company.

Interview

Two day event with under night stay. Managers watched you do a personal presentation and group presentation. Managers presented various opportunities and at the end of the interview you racked which roles were wanted and they pick you accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Industry questions about safety.   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was given a window to complete a digital interview. It was about 9 questions, all behavioral. They give you about two minutes to read the question and 3 minutes to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Baker Hughes?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company.

Interview

Interviewed via the HireVue recording system. A little weird not having a person to look at while you speak, but not a huge deal. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. The interview questions were pretty standard for any student internship position, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Explain a problem that you solved using knowledge from school or work experience.   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company in December 2018.

Interview

I was called four times by this company - i had asked for a telephone interview because i am without a driver's license just now - and the fourth was to tell me someone else had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the reason i wanted this position.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company.

Interview

It was a web interview. You had to record yourself answering video questions. There were about 10 questions , 2 minutes each. The process was fine, and the questions were not too hard to answer, especially since you got 30 seconds to think about it before it recorded you.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company (Houston, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied, was contacted within 3 days for digital interview. asked about 10 questions that were had multiple parts, all behavioral. overall it was a typical digital interview. don't know what else to say