Baker McKenzie Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Baker McKenzie Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

1.8

Senior Manager, Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager was clearly hiring for a different position than the one in the job description that everyone else (recruiters, HR, and would-be colleagues) was following. He created some alternate role based on a new idea that completely disregarded the posted job description. It was a waste of everyone's time, including mine.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Registered online. Received an email from them for the Finance Manager position saying I was a match. I submitted my resume online. Received a call from HR and had a 20 minute phone interview. Was called back and went in for an interview with the Finance Director. The interview lasted 1 hour and seemed to go well. I never heard back. No email, phone call...nothing. I realize that many companies don't bother with getting back to candidates but I expected more from Baker & McKenzie. If you are interviewing for a support position (not a lawyer) be careful. I think they are a lower level firm based on my experience compared to the professional services firm that I currently work for.

Interview Questions

• Asked mainly about my current job responsibilities and how many people I manage.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was incredibly intimadating. I was at the head of a long conference table in a floor to ceiling glass walled room overlooking Lake Michigan. I had to people sitting in either side of me and someone calling in on skype.

Interview Questions

• Thoughts on their website.   1 Answer

Contract Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

There was no interview other than a five-minute phone screening. Virtually no information was provided by the recruiter or the billing manager aboout the specifics of the job; it would have been helpful to note that a great deal of experience working with Word is necessary, as this is non-standard for this position industry-wide (and Baker provided virtually no training oon the job-specific software). Very slapdash. I should have seen it as the red flag it turned out to be.

Interview Questions

• none - in fact, virtually nothing of substance was asked.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Done through Randstad USA (which was a BIG mistake)

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume. HR called and was very helpful and responsive. But the process took forever and the partners were not prepared interviewers. I felt like I was interviewing them. I did get the job after being told it was between one other person and me. I appreciated knowing that. HR was good.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

This was the most horribly offensive interviewing experience I have ever had. I was at a second round of interviews and interviewing with a high ranking partner in the labor and employment group for an associate position. He noticed that I had an engagement ring on and that I went to undergrad and law school in another state. He asked if I was originally from that state and, when I answered in the affirmative, asked me how they could be sure that I wouldn't move back to that state once I started "breeding." He said that in his experience, women go "running back to mommy" as soon as they have kids, so how could I convince him that I wasn't going to do that. I was completely shocked and told him that I was only licensed in Illinois, had been practicing here for 6 years, owned a home here, had no intention of leaving or having kids any time soon. I then stood up and left his office. I went directly to the head recruiter, told her that there was no need for me to continue on with the remainder of the interviews scheduled for that day or with the interview process, and pulled myself from contention.

Interview Questions

• How could I assure them that I wouldn't run back to my mommy in my home state when I decided to have kids?   1 Answer