Baker Tilly International Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Baker Tilly International Interview Questions in United Kingdom

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

very friendly staff, put you at ease during interview.
    They introduce you to current graduate students who are very nice but be careful because they are probably watching what you say, and giving their opinions.

Audit Assistant (January Start) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Tilly International (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

1. On-line application with 'Why Baker Tilly' and 'Why Audit'
    2. Numerical and Verbal Reasoning tests in their office
    3. Final stage. Morning - group exercise. People left if didn't pass group. Afternoon - interview with partner

Graduate Tax Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Tilly International.

Interview

- Online Application
    - Online tests
    - 1st stage assessment centre repeating the online tests
    - 2nd stage assessment centre with group exercise (choose which project to invest in), then a competency interview, then a presentation and a final partner interview. There was a lot of waiting around at this assessment centre.

They made me wait 2 weeks after the final interview before they called just to tell me i didn't get the job. Would have been a positive experience if not for this ridiculous wait, very dissapointed.

Interview Questions

• Why Baker Tilly?
      Why Tax?
      Tell me a time when you have solved a problem?
      Tell me a time when you have worked in a team?   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Baker Tilly International in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, followed by online tests, then a phone interview, then I had to do the tests again in person (numerical and verbal reasoning and a practice audit report) then I had the Assessment Centre.
     I would have rated it an overall positive experience however, they messed me around a lot; they arranged my phone interview then never called me. When I called them it turns out the person who was supposed to call me was on holiday.
    I originally applied for a different scheme, passed the phone interview for this scheme then the next day was told it had been filled. The in-person tests were rescheduled less than 24 hours before we were supposed to do them. They were done quite far away from where I live and we had to be there early so train tickets were quite expensive. I'm on JSA and it's lucky I actually had the cash to book another train ticket for the following week for the new time. They did pay expenses for this a few weeks later but if I hadn't had access to that cash I couldn't have made it.
    Finally the AC. I travelled over 100 miles and they didn't even have the decency to tell me I had been unsuccessful. I mean, I made a safe guess that I had been, but you could count the number of people there that day on one hand. It's not like they had 100s of people to contact. If the HR person didn't want the uncomfortable conversation of telling someone they haven't got it then perhaps they shouldn't work in HR. The receptionist fobbed me off twice when I called, saying the HR person wasn't available (she didn't have me on hold long enough to say that this person wasn't answering their phone) and HR person never replied to my email. Personally I just find that rude. The girl I dealt with at Head Office was great and helpful the entire time though.

As for the actual process itself. The online tests I did months ago but I believe they're just your standard numerical/verbal reasoning. I got an email within an hour or so saying I'd passed. The phone interview was fairly easy. Again quite a while ago but questions such as why Baker Tilly, how would you describe/explain Internal Audit, something in the news that will affect business/our clients (I said oil prices-cheaper petrol, cheaper deliveries, lower costs for suppliers etc). I was on the phone for about 15/20 minutes and it felt pretty relaxed. The in-person tests were I think 40 questions for both numerical and verbal and you got 35 and 30 minutes to do them, or something like that. They were multiple choice and you fill in the circle A, B or C on an answer sheet. You were given an 11-page booklet with various articles about some charity and the work it does. Not huge articles, not overwhelming and fairly easy to pick the information out. It might remind you of something you'd see in a GCSE exam. You get to do a couple of practice ones and the answer will be given to you before you start. The practice audit report was pretty much just a half completed report, you had to grade the importance of each issue (high, medium, low) and give a recommended action.
    The AC again pretty relaxed really. You get there, they do a quick introduction on the company, then ask you as a group how many offices, where, etc etc. You may have two/three managers/partners sitting in on this bit, as well as the HR person giving the talk. You'll then be given a group exercise. We had to design/market a product from one of several choice of categories E.g. a kid's toy, new restaurant etc. It's less about the actual product and more how you work as a team. Make sure you speak up and if you don't agree with something/someone then say it. Then I think we had the interviews. 2:1. More like an informal chat, a few questions might throw you and put you on the spot but still feels like a chat. They might also use the tactic of pretending to be bored and talking over you to throw you off. They did with me and a few other people in my AC. Again this comes across more rude than anything. Surprising lack of competency questions I.e. name a time when you've done X. Individual assignments while people are having interviews- why do you want to work here, and some kind of large audit report. Then lunch with recent graduates then presentations which again were pretty relaxed- we didn't have to stand at the front of the room in front of everyone or anything. We'd been asked to prepare the presentations in advance of the AC.

Graduate Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Tilly International.

Interview

online application, verbal and numerical tests, assessment centre had to re do tests, group exercise had to choose which firms to invest in, interview, why baker tilly? why this role? time responded to feedback? worked in a team? spent most of the time waiting around aimlessly

Interview Questions

• why baker tilly? why this role? time responded to feedback? worked in a team?   Answer Question

Grad Tax Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Tilly International (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Numerical and Verbal Tests both using a booklet reference material with 10 mins to read through before hand. Followed by a group exercise deciding on what strategy a fictitious company should make, then a competency based interview, then a partner interview where you present on a case study. A lot of waiting around between exercises as they decided if you were going to progress to the next stage, hence the negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Why chosen degree and university?
      What transferable skills you have that apply to tax?
      Describe a time you had to deal with criticism.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baker Tilly International.

Interview

-Why did I choose BT
    -What do I know about the position
    -What are my expectations and goals
    -Demonstrate recent teamwork/leadership skills