Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.6

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very laid back focused more on your behavioral assessment with talking points in reference to your resume.

Just remain calm, be a freindly human being and have confidence in the experience you have.

Consulting Externship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to the externship program in the beginning of the semester and Baker Tilly got back to me at the end of the semester. The recruiter sounded like she really liked me and told me that she will schedule another interview within a couple days with a manager of the sector that I would be working with, which never happened.

When I emailed her to ask what's going on, the recruiter said that they were already fully staffed for externship program because other candidates accepted their offer after my interview and didn't see the point to notify me that my second interview is not going to happen or something.

I honestly can't believe how unprofessionally Baker Tilly handled this situation and I feel like I wasn't respected enough as a prospective candidate. They only considered me as a 'just in case' candidate if they don't have enough people for their program.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a senior recruiter to participate in a 30ish minute phone call. After completion of the phone call, was invited to the Baker Tilly offices to meet with who would be my direct supervisor. After this interview I was contacted by the recruiter again to set up a phone call with the Partner and Senior Manager in the department I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. What do I know about the firm? What attracted me to the firm? Tell us about your background. Both sets of interviews consisted of a lot of information about the job and what the job would be like if given a full-time offer after the internship had been completed. Also gave me the opportunity to ask plenty of questions.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Tysons Corner, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

1st interview was phone call with HR staff, basic question including location preference, job preference, resume review.
    2nd interview was phone call with manager, similar questions, but with an added focus on why you want the job. No difficult technical questions.
    3rd interview was office visit. Extremely friendly staff, some technical questions, discussed past experience, why I wanted the job. Met with partner, manager and senior manager.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Tysons Corner, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with campus recruiter followed by telephone interview with senior manager. After second interview did not hear for three weeks from the company. Most of the communication was preformed over email services. I would recommend asking lots of questions in your interview as they are looking to help you with the process and clear up any confusion.

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

1st round on campus where I had 2 back to back interviews, 2nd round at their offices where I had 2 more back to back interviews. Unfortunately, they do take their time getting back to you. Be patient, it's worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few BBI questions, but mostly it is conversational. Be prepared to drive the conversation. Be prepared to answer the question, why Baker Tilly consulting?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Southfield, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited for a 30 minute campus interview about a week after I applied. I spoke with a "greeter" for about 15 minutes until my interviewer was ready to interview me. The interview was pretty basic, no surprising questions. Didn't hear back from them for a while, then realized that they had emailed me and the email went to spam. They initially said no. About a month later, I got another email from them saying that they had an available position, would I be interested. Got invited to the office for interviews. Interviewed with a partner, and then a senior manager. Really nice, relaxed interviews. Got a call three days later that they were extending an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Greatest achievement at work, tell me something about you not on your resume   Answer Question

Summer Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

Was recruited through my University and was told that I could intern between my junior and senior year even if I wasn't going to have 150 credit hours at graduation. Went through the entire dinner and interviewing process to find out that they weren't going to seriously consider me for that same reason. They said they would let me know within two weeks, but I never heard back. I was excited to work for them, but now I'm just disappointed and will most likely not apply again when I actually am in my penultimate year.

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

I completed two university interviews with them, back to back. They were strictly behavioral and fairly easy. I thought I did well, but I never heard back from them in any capacity. I had a fairly positive opinion of the company and their competency before I entered the interview. As time went on, I was, at no point, ever offered either a company HR contact or any form of application status. I interviewed twice and that was it.

This leads me to believe that the company either 1) does not value its people (customers, employees, interviewees), 2) has very weak HR/Recruiting/PR and make sloppy, amateur mistakes or 3) the firm has generally poor leadership and does not provide direction in the decisions (like hiring) the employees are to make.

Ultimately, I can say that my interactions with the interviewers were great, but the execution was lacking and professionalism was absent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and your manager did not see eye to eye?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Interview

Baker Tilly offered interviews on my college campus. They were very nice and knowledgeable about the positions they offered. The interviewer worked in their Audit department, and was able to share a wealth of knowledge on the position and what life is like being an audit accountant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work on your own and couldn't bounce ideas off someone?   Answer Question