Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions

Interviews at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause

2.5

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

We met in their office in downtown Chicago. The interviewers were very pleasant and we got along well. They asked about some times I had to solve difficult situations in college.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to solve a difficult team problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

I applied to the role through the website. The internal recuiter set up a phone interview. He liked what he heard and said he would pass my resume along to the hiring manager. He explained that the hiring manager was traveling the rest of the week into the next week. But in actuality he never got back to me. After about 3 weeks, I followed up and he did not even respond. Its a bit disheartening that such a large company cannot even follow through. We are all adults, just sending a quick email saying unfortunately, the hiring manager did not think your background aligned with what we are looking for would be sufficient.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

Participated in on campus recruitment. Quick meet and greet, very warm and friendly HR rep with no difficult questions. Received an invite for the office interview a few days later. Interview day took place with 30 other candidates, got to meet a lot of the staff. The questions were extremely easy going and nothing about it was intimidating. Very calm and nonthreatening.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Chicago, IL) in October 2019.

Interview

I was first given a 30-minute phone interview where the questions were strictly behavioral-based. After a couple weeks I was invited on-site for an interview. I was interviewed by a senior manager and a partner. I was asked to explain items on my resume. The on-site interview was extremely casual.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2019.

Interview

First interview went great. Nicest employees. Second interview was nothing but a learning experience. Not the nicest person to interview with. Didn't seem like they prepared or were ready for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this type of marketing role?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Chicago, IL) in September 2019.

Interview

This was one of the worst interview/recruiting experiences I have ever had. The interviewers simply did not care about their potential candidates. After the interview itself, they strung me along for one month, ghosted me for nearly another month, and then finally said no in the end after I had to reach out yet again. I thought the company was great at first, but unfortunately they do not treat their candidates so great and I can't imagine working for them would be very different. Do not waste your time like I did and definitely seek a more respectful public accounting firm to work for.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that is not on your resume but that you would want us to know?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2019.

Interview

Very easy. Had your basic behavioral interview questions. Expect a one on one interview, followed by a visit to the office and another round of interviewing. The interviewer was very friendly and cared about his company. I felt very at ease and comfortable.

Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Very relaxed and easy. Phone interview and then they asked me to come in. The staff I interviewed with were very nice and were happy to talk with me. Seems like a very laid back environment. Office was nice.

Interview Questions

• 3 attributes your best friend would use to describe you   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (McLean, VA) in August 2019.

Interview

Fast and friendly. The managers and partners I met with were amazing, but the associates I went to lunch with started discussing how little they get paid. Really? I was offered 64k if I wanted to start as an Experienced Associate or 68k to start as a Senior. Another firm offered over 10k more so I accepted that position.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

Phone Interview followed shortly after with a call to schedule an in person interview. One partner and one manager interviewed me separately, overall process took about 90 minutes and had a casual feel to the whole interview process

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?   1 Answer