Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a senior recruiter to participate in a 30ish minute phone call. After completion of the phone call, was invited to the Baker Tilly offices to meet with who would be my direct supervisor. After this interview I was contacted by the recruiter again to set up a phone call with the Partner and Senior Manager in the department I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. What do I know about the firm? What attracted me to the firm? Tell us about your background. Both sets of interviews consisted of a lot of information about the job and what the job would be like if given a full-time offer after the internship had been completed. Also gave me the opportunity to ask plenty of questions.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Tysons Corner, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with campus recruiter followed by telephone interview with senior manager. After second interview did not hear for three weeks from the company. Most of the communication was preformed over email services. I would recommend asking lots of questions in your interview as they are looking to help you with the process and clear up any confusion.

Summer Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

Was recruited through my University and was told that I could intern between my junior and senior year even if I wasn't going to have 150 credit hours at graduation. Went through the entire dinner and interviewing process to find out that they weren't going to seriously consider me for that same reason. They said they would let me know within two weeks, but I never heard back. I was excited to work for them, but now I'm just disappointed and will most likely not apply again when I actually am in my penultimate year.

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

I completed two university interviews with them, back to back. They were strictly behavioral and fairly easy. I thought I did well, but I never heard back from them in any capacity. I had a fairly positive opinion of the company and their competency before I entered the interview. As time went on, I was, at no point, ever offered either a company HR contact or any form of application status. I interviewed twice and that was it.

This leads me to believe that the company either 1) does not value its people (customers, employees, interviewees), 2) has very weak HR/Recruiting/PR and make sloppy, amateur mistakes or 3) the firm has generally poor leadership and does not provide direction in the decisions (like hiring) the employees are to make.

Ultimately, I can say that my interactions with the interviewers were great, but the execution was lacking and professionalism was absent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and your manager did not see eye to eye?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Interview

Baker Tilly offered interviews on my college campus. They were very nice and knowledgeable about the positions they offered. The interviewer worked in their Audit department, and was able to share a wealth of knowledge on the position and what life is like being an audit accountant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work on your own and couldn't bounce ideas off someone?   Answer Question

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a campus recruiter for 30 minutes and moved on to the next round. Was invited to their office, which consisted of two interviews with managers lasting for 30 minutes each and group interviews with associates while waiting for the manager interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name the three most important things when selecting a job/employer.   Answer Question

Internal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interview questions with 2 different people each round. The questions were mostly behavioral, although each round, 1 of the interviewers had more of a casual interview structure that was more like a conversation, and the other 1 would ask more of the intense behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you encountered a problem with a manager whose management style you didn't agree with, how did you go about solving this problem?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a phone interview first then office interview. Responded quickly.as to the result. Nice office and a typical working environment for accounting firms. HR first then manager then partner.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a role in the NY office, the recruiter was based out of the Wisconsin office. After our interview she said she would get back to me the following week on my status. When I didn't hear from her that next week I sent a follow-up email and received no response. It's okay if I wasn't selected for the position. But to not hear back from the recruiter at all after she said she would get back to me and after I sent a follow-up seems a bit rude; no rejection, no feedback. Glad I don't treat my candidates like that.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with a manager discussing the role, what it was about, and how my experiences could be used to help in the position. Also had to discuss knowledge of the role and field. The interview was much better then with other regional firms or firms of similar size. They really care about making sure they have a qualified candidate.