Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.5

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

First screen via phone via HR. Followed by a series of phone interviews followed by in person. HR person remained engaged during process. Went pretty quick and was pretty easy to communicate with HR during the process.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions...what is motivating you to apply, professional work history, why you think your skills may be what we need   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Manager of Recruiting that went well. Two weeks later I received an email requesting my availability to visit the office and meet with the team, except about two minutes after that email, I received another one requesting my availability for a phone interview with another Recruiting team member. There was no acknowledgement of the email inviting me into the office. Following that phone interview, I did not hear from the Recruiter for 3 weeks. I sent three emails checking in over the course of those three weeks and finally, after my third attempt to check in, I received a response (albeit one that said I would receive an update soon).

Advice to recruitment team: be more transparent with your candidates and keep them informed of their status throughout the process. A candidate should not have to email the Recruiter three times and not receive any sort of response for three weeks. As a Recruiter myself, I was very disappointed with the candidate experience provided by this firm. Very unprofessional, and a very disorganized recruiting process. I withdrew from the process before even finding out whether I was invited to the next stage. This is not a Recruiting team I would want to join.

Interview Questions

• What types of positions do you recruit for? What sourcing methods do you use to find your candidates? What does your req load look like? Why do you want to work for Baker Tilly?   Answer Question

Talent Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was very fast-moving and slightly confusing at times.
    I was contacted via LinkedIn on Friday to set up phone interviews the following Monday. After the phone interviews, I was asked if I could make it to the downtown office the very next day. Honestly I was shocked at the speed they were moving at, but made the on-site visit work.
    Prior to the onsite interviews, I received an email from one of the women I would be interviewing with informing me that I would have a total of three back-to-back interviews; however she mentioned that the last "interview" would be with her and she planned to simply "get to know each other" over lunch.
    Conversely, on the day of the interviews, the last interview turned out to be the most formal of the three. We did not go out to lunch as originally planned (there was no mention of it.)
    Additionally, I was surprised at the lack of communication between the three interviewers as they asked many of the same (generic interview) questions. This especially surprised me as they are part of the search and staffing group at Baker Tilly, and interviewing is their primary job.
    Overall, I was not happy with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in a group and there was a group member that wasn't pulling their weight   Answer Question

GCAS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

The entire interview process was conversational and not too challenging. Was asked all behavioral questions or questions related to my resume or transcript. The interview was a total of 30 minutes.

Senior RD Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Three interviews: HR via phone, Partner via phone & in-person panel discussion with two tax managers.

I thoroughly explained my experience and that I was unable to travel extensively due to family constraints. Although I had sufficient experience to perform the duties of this role, I could tell my unwillingness to travel was going to be an impediment to the job, which was mostly consulting. One of the mangers casually mentioned he had traveled 3 out of the past 4 weeks. Absurd! Firms are much too quick to dismiss a potential candidate on the basis of travel. Our world is evolving into one in which people don't want to sell their souls sitting in airports all week. I would advise them to strongly consider conference calls in lieu of the tremendous expense associated with flying and putting employees up in hotels.

Baker Tilly's HR department is sub-par. I did not receive a rejection email and had to personally reach out to the HR rep Ryan Onushco to better understand the situation. I do not recommend Baker Tilly as they are clearly not up to industry standards for interviewing, which is a sign of even larger issues.

Interview Questions

• Experience related, willingness to travel, very few behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

After the initial phone interview, I found the in person I interviewed with to be very unprofessional. To start, the associate that was supposed to greet never showed up. When I finally arrived upstairs, it appeared the room we were supposed to meet was occupied, so we were forced to talk in the partner’s office. About 5 minutes into the interview, his desk phone began to ring, he starred at it for about a minute, and finally answered. The call must have been urgent as he left the room for about 5-10 minutes. After returning, he seemed impatient and only asked very basic questions on my past experience. All together, the interview, which was scheduled to be an hour long, lasted about 20-25 minutes total.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview that was very relaxed. They asked simple questions to get to know you and get a feel for how you feel about the company and/or public accounting. The interviewer was very knowledgeable and able to answer any questions I had.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very laid back focused more on your behavioral assessment with talking points in reference to your resume.

Just remain calm, be a freindly human being and have confidence in the experience you have.

Consulting Externship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to the externship program in the beginning of the semester and Baker Tilly got back to me at the end of the semester. The recruiter sounded like she really liked me and told me that she will schedule another interview within a couple days with a manager of the sector that I would be working with, which never happened.

When I emailed her to ask what's going on, the recruiter said that they were already fully staffed for externship program because other candidates accepted their offer after my interview and didn't see the point to notify me that my second interview is not going to happen or something.

I honestly can't believe how unprofessionally Baker Tilly handled this situation and I feel like I wasn't respected enough as a prospective candidate. They only considered me as a 'just in case' candidate if they don't have enough people for their program.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a senior recruiter to participate in a 30ish minute phone call. After completion of the phone call, was invited to the Baker Tilly offices to meet with who would be my direct supervisor. After this interview I was contacted by the recruiter again to set up a phone call with the Partner and Senior Manager in the department I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. What do I know about the firm? What attracted me to the firm? Tell us about your background. Both sets of interviews consisted of a lot of information about the job and what the job would be like if given a full-time offer after the internship had been completed. Also gave me the opportunity to ask plenty of questions.   Answer Question