Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.6

Audit Interview

Interview

Baker Tilly offered interviews on my college campus. They were very nice and knowledgeable about the positions they offered. The interviewer worked in their Audit department, and was able to share a wealth of knowledge on the position and what life is like being an audit accountant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work on your own and couldn't bounce ideas off someone?   Answer Question

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a campus recruiter for 30 minutes and moved on to the next round. Was invited to their office, which consisted of two interviews with managers lasting for 30 minutes each and group interviews with associates while waiting for the manager interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name the three most important things when selecting a job/employer.   Answer Question

Internal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interview questions with 2 different people each round. The questions were mostly behavioral, although each round, 1 of the interviewers had more of a casual interview structure that was more like a conversation, and the other 1 would ask more of the intense behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you encountered a problem with a manager whose management style you didn't agree with, how did you go about solving this problem?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee, then I spoke with the recruiting manager. After that I spoke with an audit manager on the phone and was offered a second interview on the spot; however, I had already excepted another offer so I had to turn it down.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a phone interview first then office interview. Responded quickly.as to the result. Nice office and a typical working environment for accounting firms. HR first then manager then partner.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a role in the NY office, the recruiter was based out of the Wisconsin office. After our interview she said she would get back to me the following week on my status. When I didn't hear from her that next week I sent a follow-up email and received no response. It's okay if I wasn't selected for the position. But to not hear back from the recruiter at all after she said she would get back to me and after I sent a follow-up seems a bit rude; no rejection, no feedback. Glad I don't treat my candidates like that.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting center. Received an email shortly after saying I would be given a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly basic and nothing out of the ordinary was asked. (Why their company, why tax/audit, etc. etc.). A few days later I was told I would need to come down for an in office interview. Interviewed with two partners, and they were very conversational interviews. Heard back a few days later with an offer. Always have many questions prepared to ask the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      Tell me about something that isn't on your resume that you think I should know   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through my university, had an on campus interview and was given an offer two to three days after my interview. I told them that I was unsure and still waiting to hear back from another firm. Baker Tilly then offered to take me out to lunch, give me a tour of their office, etc. Touring their office and meeting with some of the people is what sold me to accept.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of where you had to teach someone how to do something?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with a manager discussing the role, what it was about, and how my experiences could be used to help in the position. Also had to discuss knowledge of the role and field. The interview was much better then with other regional firms or firms of similar size. They really care about making sure they have a qualified candidate.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then received a phone interview with HR. Basic questions were asked (mainly they read my resume to me and I elaborated on different items). Very nice recruiter, he seemed young voiced which was calming since I would rather interview in person than over the phone. Overall, the conversation was about 30min.