Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.6

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Like any other accounting firm out there, Baker Tilly participates in campus recruiting, and that is how I got to interview with them for the first time. What followed was a letter that invited me to come into their offices for a second interview. There were many of us that day, and it was set up in a way that each candidate got to meet with at least three managers for formal interviews, and in between, there were some informal interviews with some of their team members. The whole thing took about five hours. It wasn't hard, there were typical personality type questions and such.

Interview Questions

• An example of a question that was asked is "Tell me how well you work under pressure to meet deadlines".   Answer Question

Senior Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Pretty laid back interview, was longer than originally planned because they asked to meet with an additional person. Everyone was extremely friendly, seemed like a nice group to work with. They asked pretty standard interview questions. Definitely should do some research on the firm before interviewing, they've gone through a few mergers in recent years which they ask about.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

First had an on campus interview that seemed more like a screening process. I spoke with a few staff members about the company before meeting one on one with an employee for a few situation based questions. I got a call back for their interviewing day that consisted of a Group Q & A session with current employees then two one on one interviews. Very laid back. Entire process lasted from about 8:30 A.M until 2 P.M

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Vienna, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Two phone screen interviews - first one with HR manager, second one with his assistant. First one we talked about my background and why I choose accounting. Second one was focused on behavioral questions like "Tell about about a time you didn't accomplished a task and how you coped with that".
    At the same day of the second phone interview I got the email for the in person interview.
    At the day of the interview we were 4 candidates. We first had a meeting with the HR manager, who explained everything about the company. Then we went on to meet with a Manager. Again more behavioral questions and challenges I faced in life. To me it looked like they didn't care if you know accounting; they wanted to know if you have a good personality and if you are trainable.
    After meeting with the manager, we want to lunch with two staff people. They were both bery nice and kept conversation going. After that, we met with a partner who again was really interested in knowing me and not what I have learned in school. He asked me about hobbies, books I've read, things I like in general and about my background. Make sure to pay attention to everyone you meet and ask them smart questions. The partner asked me what I learned about the staff I had lunch with.
    The interview was on Friday, I got the offer the following Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn about the staff members you had lunch with?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Tysons Corner, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview lasted about 30 minutes. However, I didn't really understand the point of the questions that I had been asked. I felt that the interviewer was not interested in who I am, what do I like, and what are my skills. Overall, I felt like it was a waste of time.

Risk and Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

I interviewed on campus and then in-office about 2 weeks later. Very laid back. They really just want to get to know you and see if you would fit in with the culture there. It's all behavioral, but they didn't ask the typical "tell me about a time.." questions, just conversational. Very easy and relaxed interviews overall.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at Baker Tilly as opposed to a Big 4 firm.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Madison, WI).

Interview

The first initial interview was very friendly and conversation based. While I was waiting to enter the interview room I was met in the waiting room from an employee from Baker Tilly. More informal conversation and just asked me if I had any questions about Baker Tilly or the interview.

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Strict behavioral interview--uncommon for consulting candidates--but very conversational. A lot of "tell me a time when." Two interviews back-to-back, 45 minutes each, 90 minutes total. Not the best at letting people know of their status. Non-response = no offer apparently.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you worked on a team and had to deal with a questionable teammate   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Melville, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the University. First interview on campus was very easy. Did expect you to ask a good amount of questions. Mostly just personal conversational interview and getting to know the company. Going for round 2 at the office this week.

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Set of Two interviews. First, on campus 30 min. 1 on 1 interview. Behavioral based interview. Second interview was an office visit, which consisted of two 1 on 1 interviews, 30 minutes each. Heard back 10 days later with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Name three things important to you in where you want to work?   Answer Question