Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions in Milwaukee, WI | Glassdoor

2.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interview questions with 2 different people each round. The questions were mostly behavioral, although each round, 1 of the interviewers had more of a casual interview structure that was more like a conversation, and the other 1 would ask more of the intense behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you encountered a problem with a manager whose management style you didn't agree with, how did you go about solving this problem?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through my university, had an on campus interview and was given an offer two to three days after my interview. I told them that I was unsure and still waiting to hear back from another firm. Baker Tilly then offered to take me out to lunch, give me a tour of their office, etc. Touring their office and meeting with some of the people is what sold me to accept.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of where you had to teach someone how to do something?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

There were two waves of interviews. One on campus and then the second wave at their Milwaukee office. Interviews were very basic behavioral questions. At the campus interview, you interviewed with two representatives separately. And then if you got a call back, you interviewed at the Milwaukee office with three other representatives (some partners, some directors). Really no surprises.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was then contacted by a representative from HR, I had one phone interview before I was invited to an office interview. I interviewed with 4 people while in the office.

Interview Questions

• Basically, they just asked about my previous experiences.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Interview

(For the Milwaukee Office) I first completed a phone interview. The HR representative was very nice and it was more to get to know me rather than asking specific, tough, "interview questions". I made it past that point, at which time I was invited for an in-person interview, which is the final step. There were 4 interviewees, and we each met with 3 interviewers that day (30 mins each), and then we were taken to lunch, where it was 2 applicants and 2 employees to a table. It was a very nice experience, and I really wish I would have gotten the job. In any case, I enjoyed the lunch and getting to know the people, and maybe our paths will meet again in the future. The most important thing I'd like to stress in this review is that the in-person interview day seems intimidating, but I was actually quite relaxed once I got there and had a short welcome from the managing partner. They have a very solid interview process.

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked I mostly expected. The toughest one was a question that he kind of improvised which related to me specifically. Sorry, that probably doesn't help anyone preparing for an interview, but that's just how it was.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2011.

Interview

Talked with a few people at the career fair a few weeks before. 15 min before interview, we met with 2 younger associates to help us relax/ask questions. Interview lasted 30 min, 20 of her questions and about 10 of mine. The lady talked alot and was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you responded.   Answer Question

Consultant Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was onsite and was half a day long. There was a brief 15 minute overview at the beginning, and then there were 3 1:1 interviews with differing levels of consultants at the company. They were all behavioral, and very much about how to solve problems in high pressure situations. There was also a lunch with a couple of newer employees with the company. Overall, the interview was very straightforward and you got a really good feel for the company as a whole

Interview Questions

• What would prevent you from accepting and offer from us?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that, when you look back on it, you weren't as aggressive as you could have been about something.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2011.

Interview

Baker Tilly had a really excellent recruitment, interview and offer process. They were clear and set good expectations on how the interviews went, timelines and outcomes from each step.

Great job recruitment team!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good negotiation phase .Both parties were crystal clear on expectations.