Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.6

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Tysons Corner, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

1st interview was phone call with HR staff, basic question including location preference, job preference, resume review.
2nd interview was phone call with manager, similar questions, but with an added focus on why you want the job. No difficult technical questions.
3rd interview was office visit. Extremely friendly staff, some technical questions, discussed past experience, why I wanted the job. Met with partner, manager and senior manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Tilly Virchow Krause

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a phone interview first then office interview. Responded quickly.as to the result. Nice office and a typical working environment for accounting firms. HR first then manager then partner.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then received a phone interview with HR. Basic questions were asked (mainly they read my resume to me and I elaborated on different items). Very nice recruiter, he seemed young voiced which was calming since I would rather interview in person than over the phone. Overall, the conversation was about 30min.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a recruiter and then was invited to an in person interview. I was really nervous going into it but the firm has the nicest people and made me feel so comfortable talking to them. I was instantly at ease and I can definitely say it was the best interview I've ever had! The interviews were completely conversations and just wanted to get to know me and see if my personality fit into their culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Like any other accounting firm out there, Baker Tilly participates in campus recruiting, and that is how I got to interview with them for the first time. What followed was a letter that invited me to come into their offices for a second interview. There were many of us that day, and it was set up in a way that each candidate got to meet with at least three managers for formal interviews, and in between, there were some informal interviews with some of their team members. The whole thing took about five hours. It wasn't hard, there were typical personality type questions and such.

Interview Questions

• An example of a question that was asked is "Tell me how well you work under pressure to meet deadlines".   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

First had an on campus interview that seemed more like a screening process. I spoke with a few staff members about the company before meeting one on one with an employee for a few situation based questions. I got a call back for their interviewing day that consisted of a Group Q & A session with current employees then two one on one interviews. Very laid back. Entire process lasted from about 8:30 A.M until 2 P.M

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Vienna, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Two phone screen interviews - first one with HR manager, second one with his assistant. First one we talked about my background and why I choose accounting. Second one was focused on behavioral questions like "Tell about about a time you didn't accomplished a task and how you coped with that".
    At the same day of the second phone interview I got the email for the in person interview.
    At the day of the interview we were 4 candidates. We first had a meeting with the HR manager, who explained everything about the company. Then we went on to meet with a Manager. Again more behavioral questions and challenges I faced in life. To me it looked like they didn't care if you know accounting; they wanted to know if you have a good personality and if you are trainable.
    After meeting with the manager, we want to lunch with two staff people. They were both bery nice and kept conversation going. After that, we met with a partner who again was really interested in knowing me and not what I have learned in school. He asked me about hobbies, books I've read, things I like in general and about my background. Make sure to pay attention to everyone you meet and ask them smart questions. The partner asked me what I learned about the staff I had lunch with.
    The interview was on Friday, I got the offer the following Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn about the staff members you had lunch with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site visit. I was called by HR for screening, he was a very nice person and I was invited for an office visit to meet with a partner and manager. I had to drive 8 hours from where I live to attend the interview. When I met with the partner the only thing he said to me was : " You don't have the CPA so you can't compete with other people who have parts of their CPA".

Well then why are you inviting me for an interview from 8 hrs distance sir? My resume clearly states that I can sit for CPA but I don't have it yet. I would understand if they think I am not a good fit for the organization or anything else but calling someone for an interview from that distance without even taking a glance at his resume and telling them they are not qualified because he doesn't have his CPA yet is very unprofessional and non-trustworthy. There are some nice employees there but I wouldn't trust the management at all after this experience, I would really recommend somewhere else. Oh one last thing, if you have any other professional skills but audit don't ever mention about them. You are born to be an accountant, that was you childhood dream.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview process. The partners were very friendly and asked about my experiences in public accounting and looked to see if the job was a fit for my background. There were no uncomfortable questions and I left the interview feeling very comfortable that Baker Tilly is a first class organization.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Madison, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Began with on campus interviews followed by a phone interview, a short 30 minute in person interview. If you make it to the last stage, it consists of a full day of in person interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation