Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Staff Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Staff Consultant Interview Questions

2.6

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

1st round on campus where I had 2 back to back interviews, 2nd round at their offices where I had 2 more back to back interviews. Unfortunately, they do take their time getting back to you. Be patient, it's worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few BBI questions, but mostly it is conversational. Be prepared to drive the conversation. Be prepared to answer the question, why Baker Tilly consulting?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Tilly Virchow Krause

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

I completed two university interviews with them, back to back. They were strictly behavioral and fairly easy. I thought I did well, but I never heard back from them in any capacity. I had a fairly positive opinion of the company and their competency before I entered the interview. As time went on, I was, at no point, ever offered either a company HR contact or any form of application status. I interviewed twice and that was it.

This leads me to believe that the company either 1) does not value its people (customers, employees, interviewees), 2) has very weak HR/Recruiting/PR and make sloppy, amateur mistakes or 3) the firm has generally poor leadership and does not provide direction in the decisions (like hiring) the employees are to make.

Ultimately, I can say that my interactions with the interviewers were great, but the execution was lacking and professionalism was absent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and your manager did not see eye to eye?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Strict behavioral interview--uncommon for consulting candidates--but very conversational. A lot of "tell me a time when." Two interviews back-to-back, 45 minutes each, 90 minutes total. Not the best at letting people know of their status. Non-response = no offer apparently.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you worked on a team and had to deal with a questionable teammate   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

Very casual interview process. No case studies. The interviewers ask behavioral typical based questions to get into details of your experience to thoroughly explore your skills and values.

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2014.

Interview

Sat with current Baker Tilly employee who had been in the position for ~1 year. Went into first half of interview, where we talked about my resume and fit-based questions. Second part of the interview was with a senior director. This was the behavior part. While the others I had met with were all very friendly, the director was substantially colder, likely for intimidation.

Interview Questions

• If we were to give you an offer, what would make you reject it? This question was given to me after we had spent a substantial amount of time talking about what I was seeking in an employer, as it pertained to Baker Tilly.

Tell me about a time that you leveraged a strong relationship in order to meet a deadline.
      Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruitment, only required a resume. First round was two 45 minute interviews, mostly explaining your resume, why Baker Tilly, with a lot of questions on team projects. Second round was two more 45 minute interviews at their office with the head of the consulting practice and their head of operations. Second round was also entirely behavioral, and all interviews were very casual and not stressful in the slightest.

Post-interview I wasn't contacted with a yes/no. No thank you or inquiry emails answered, not sure if it's a consequence of being disorganized or if they're simply not interested in interacting with candidates they aren't making an offer too.

Interview Questions

• Describe your team experiences, your role, etc. (I wasn't expecting to spend the 30 minutes on this question, so be prepared to talk!)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Southfield, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial on campus interviews; two 45 minute one-on-one interviews back to back. Very laid back, more conversational but still behavioral. After I passed the first round, I was brought onsite to interview with two more people. Baker Tilly paid for lunch before our interviews. Ended up being denied, but I sent a follow up email asking why and was told they hired more interns for FT positions than they initially anticipated. Really great experience, bummed that I was passed up!

Interview Questions

• They're big on being honest/ethical. It was an easy question for me to answer, but if you're a terrible person you might struggle.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

Two bak-to-back interviews of at least 45 minuete each, both interviews with current employees (all who have been in you position before). There was also two moderators, who showed me to my interviewing room, and talked to me for a brief minuete inbetween interviews.

STAR interviewing process, nothing too different from any other STAR interview I've every been in. The shear lentgh of the interview process though wore on me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a split-decsion? how did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy, it is pretty much all behavioral. It was 2 rounds, first round on campus 2, 45 minute interviews, superday at their office, 3 or 4, 45 min interviews with a lunch thrown in

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The consulting interviews are all behavior based, no real case questions. Your knowledge of the industry and a consultant's ability to think will be tested, but they're are trying to gauge your passion and interest in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Asked my definition of management consulting and challenged any "buzzwords" used.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard package.