Bakers Shoes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bakers Shoes Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bakers Shoes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bakers Shoes (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

You interview attire should reflect Bakers as a company. Be professional as well as stylish due to the reputation Bakers have. The interview will be very spot on. First, there will be an interview process with a group of other candidates. Then they will make the final decision to invite you for the second interview, this will then be a one-on-one or a two to three person interview. They will ask what you desire to do and what ways you will be an asset to the company. You will also need to make sure you have prior knowledge about Bakers and when the company first began. As well as know all of the trials the company faced. During your interview they may also ask you of any shoe styles or shoe companies that you like to see where your fashion sense is. This is ideal since selling shoes is not only about the shoe, its also about pairing the right shoe with your clientele to fit their fashion needs.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your customer service skill set?   1 Answer

Interview

They called me a week after I completed an application at the store. The store manager was very polite and informative about the duties of my position. She gave a group interview and I was called about a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bakers Shoes (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I applied and was called back for an interview within about a week or so and was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bakers Shoes (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

It was very relaxed and comfortable. The store was in the mall so we walked into the common area and had a nice conversation. Then, the interview was taken into the actual store.

Interview Questions

• Pick any shoe inside the store that you believes describes you. Why did you make this choice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bakers Shoes (Montebello, CA).

Interview

Had to go through 3 individual interviews w/ several managers. It was pretty casual overall. Bring resume, look & act the part & you'll most likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer might ask you to sell something on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just took the job & went with it.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bakers Shoes (San Francisco, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

Very informal interview. No drug test for part time sales associates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not easy to negotiate your salary. They have company restrictions for salary even for the best assistant managers so sales associates get minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bakers Shoes.

Interview

Quick response after turning in application. Asked a few questions on the phone and set up an interview time. Interview included all of the standard questions; strengths/weaknesses, what skills do you bring, situations where you handled a difficult customer, etc.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you handled a difficult or angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bakers Shoes in June 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was late and interviewed me and another girl at the same time. I thought that was weird and very unfair. We were asked the same questions and sometimes had the same answer. She said she would call back regardless if we got the job or not and never did.