Balboa Capital Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Balboa Capital Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I first met with the branch manager for about 30 minutes. He asked some basic questions, nothing difficult. I then met with one of the account managers. Both guys I met with made unrealistic promises about how much money I would make. The interviewer quickly turned into a recruiter.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Balboa Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Friendly. The Interviewer and HR worked well together in getting me to the place and the follow up was good. He was engaging. The building and area was nice, the employees seemed friendly inside their cubes. All males. I got a Boiler Room type of vibe in the room. It seemed like it would be a good entry level job to get some experience assuming you could work in that type of environment.

Interview Questions

• Typical phone sales: can I make 150+ calls a day, asked questions about my acuity for prospecting for money   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Balboa Capital.

Interview

They mainly focused on the interviewee's ability to make over 200 calls a day. If you were able to do this then it pretty much was a green light.

Another coworker of mine said his interview was a series of 3 questions:
    1. Can you make 200 calls a day?
    2. Are you afraid of making sales?
    3. Are you afraid of me?

It went something like that anyway.

Interview Questions

• Can you make over 200 sales calls a day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

This interview was scheduled by a recruiter who is not in the area. We spoke several times over the phone and she asked me various questions in regards to my background/employment. They set up an interview several days later with Eric Mandela who is the manager at the Jacksonville location he was very thorough and answered all of my questions. He was also very honest about the commission structure and has a long history in this business. Awaiting interview result.

Interview Questions

• Describe the positions you have previously been in.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter 10 days later who was very professional and answered my questions reasonably well. Set up an interview for the following week.

First part of the interview was fairly straight forward with the sales manager. He told me about the position, how it entailed 200 cold calls a day, what you would be doing on those calls, and a little bit about the culture of the company. He did not sugar coat anything and specifically mentioned that the job is tedious and full of "grunt work" but that if you get through your calls you'll be fine. He mentioned that the person I would be working under was a "hard a**" and that I would be speaking to him in 20 minutes or so. I understand the job would suck and was willing to deal with it to get a paycheck while I looked for something better.

I go into that person's office for the second part of the interview and immediately regretted it. The person is leaning back in his chair, shoes off, hands behind his head stroking his hair, chewing on something, and was wearing a gaudy paisley print shirt. His appearance alone was enough of a sign of disrespect for me to want to leave. He spoke 100 miles an hour in a monotone and barely kept eye contact, as if it was beneath him to show some professionalism to a prospective employee.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was found at a college career fair. Called me to schedule an interview and came in 2 times with a manager and the other time to shadow a sales rep. to see what a normal day looks like.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was stress-free. The recruiter was great about calling me and giving me the necessary paperwork. The manager I interviewed with made me feel comfortable and gave me good insight, as to what I could expect as a potential employee with Balboa.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, like what your current job is, skills you have and what you're looking to do at Balboa.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by Sales manager interview and finally interview with hiring manager. Overall it was fairly easy. They want to see that you are looking to stay with the company long term. Additionally it is good to show energy and do not be intimidated by talk of long hours or lots or cold calls. Stay excited through all of it and show a willingness to work your a** off and the job is yours.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Are you willing to make 200+ calls per day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

They were very nice to me, I had to interview with 2 managers, one of them was the branch/district manager. They were very honest with me about the position. It is sales so it can be intimidating but they didn't allude to what the company is like, like some finance companies might do. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with your future? How will finance help you get there? Is this something you take seriously or are you just using this position to get a job quickly?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I interviewed at Balboa Capital in November 2013.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a job fair and he called me about 2 weeks after the job fair. We set up a phone interview which was extremely short. He just asked me if I had any questions and after about 20 minutes he said he would forward my resume to one of the managers. 2 days later he calls me back and said they are interested moving forward. I scheduled for an in person interview. It's a standard behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Not really the most difficult questions, but here are some questions.
      What are your greatest strengths? What are your greatest weaknesses?
      Why do you want a position in sales?
      Why should we pick you?
      Describe your competitive drive.
      Answer Question