Balboa Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I met with recruiter and some Managers in a group setting, then met with specific managers in 1:1 interview process so they could each provide their opinions on me being a good fit

Interview Questions

• How long I've been in sales, can I learn new CRM modules and follow a plan to reach my goals   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I first met with the branch manager for about 30 minutes. He asked some basic questions, nothing difficult. I then met with one of the account managers. Both guys I met with made unrealistic promises about how much money I would make. The interviewer quickly turned into a recruiter.

Junior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly organized and not too long. The campus is very nice. You usually wait outside for someone to interview you. The conference room is fairly large, but office seems to be a little compact. Parking is not free, but they give you a stamp. However, I got a stamp and still ended up paying $3. Make sure you overestimate your time there, so you don't have to pay for parking!

Interview Questions

• What is something about you that makes you stand out compared to other people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Friendly. The Interviewer and HR worked well together in getting me to the place and the follow up was good. He was engaging. The building and area was nice, the employees seemed friendly inside their cubes. All males. I got a Boiler Room type of vibe in the room. It seemed like it would be a good entry level job to get some experience assuming you could work in that type of environment.

Interview Questions

• Typical phone sales: can I make 150+ calls a day, asked questions about my acuity for prospecting for money   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call from the recruiter. We talked for a little bit. It was part of the screen test , after that she scheduled an appointment for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle 200 phone call a day?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Balboa Capital.

Interview

They mainly focused on the interviewee's ability to make over 200 calls a day. If you were able to do this then it pretty much was a green light.

Another coworker of mine said his interview was a series of 3 questions:
    1. Can you make 200 calls a day?
    2. Are you afraid of making sales?
    3. Are you afraid of me?

It went something like that anyway.

Interview Questions

• Can you make over 200 sales calls a day?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Professional, detailed, comprehensive. Spent a great deal of time meeting with different Department Leaders in Marketing, Operations, Collections and Risk/Credit. Very thorough Q&A session and overview of Company and marketing strategy. No complaints.

Interview Questions

• What my long-term objectives were relative to my career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

This interview was scheduled by a recruiter who is not in the area. We spoke several times over the phone and she asked me various questions in regards to my background/employment. They set up an interview several days later with Eric Mandela who is the manager at the Jacksonville location he was very thorough and answered all of my questions. He was also very honest about the commission structure and has a long history in this business. Awaiting interview result.

Interview Questions

• Describe the positions you have previously been in.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter 10 days later who was very professional and answered my questions reasonably well. Set up an interview for the following week.

First part of the interview was fairly straight forward with the sales manager. He told me about the position, how it entailed 200 cold calls a day, what you would be doing on those calls, and a little bit about the culture of the company. He did not sugar coat anything and specifically mentioned that the job is tedious and full of "grunt work" but that if you get through your calls you'll be fine. He mentioned that the person I would be working under was a "hard a**" and that I would be speaking to him in 20 minutes or so. I understand the job would suck and was willing to deal with it to get a paycheck while I looked for something better.

I go into that person's office for the second part of the interview and immediately regretted it. The person is leaning back in his chair, shoes off, hands behind his head stroking his hair, chewing on something, and was wearing a gaudy paisley print shirt. His appearance alone was enough of a sign of disrespect for me to want to leave. He spoke 100 miles an hour in a monotone and barely kept eye contact, as if it was beneath him to show some professionalism to a prospective employee.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was found at a college career fair. Called me to schedule an interview and came in 2 times with a manager and the other time to shadow a sales rep. to see what a normal day looks like.