Balboa Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Balboa Capital Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Comprised of two phone interviews followed by an in person interview. Pretty straight forward, normal questions that would relate to a sales position interview. Quickly became a pitch on them selling to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume, they got back to me quickly. Went in for the interview, did a 45 minute interview, went great. Then I was told they were just training someone on how to do interviews, and my real one would start in about 15 minutes. I had to cancel an appointment I had after. The next interview was very dry, he seemed disinterested in doing it, and told me they start at $30k instead of $35k like in their ad, and also that most people don't make commission for a few months before the pipeline is built. I was irritated at this, he told me he would be happy to have me come in for a working interview as the next step before they hired me. I told him I wasn't interested in working for them. They emailed me a week later to still try and set up the working interview. I politely declined.

Interview Questions

• How much was I making at my previous job?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I met with recruiter and some Managers in a group setting, then met with specific managers in 1:1 interview process so they could each provide their opinions on me being a good fit

Interview Questions

• How long I've been in sales, can I learn new CRM modules and follow a plan to reach my goals   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I first met with the branch manager for about 30 minutes. He asked some basic questions, nothing difficult. I then met with one of the account managers. Both guys I met with made unrealistic promises about how much money I would make. The interviewer quickly turned into a recruiter.

Junior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly organized and not too long. The campus is very nice. You usually wait outside for someone to interview you. The conference room is fairly large, but office seems to be a little compact. Parking is not free, but they give you a stamp. However, I got a stamp and still ended up paying $3. Make sure you overestimate your time there, so you don't have to pay for parking!

Interview Questions

• What is something about you that makes you stand out compared to other people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Friendly. The Interviewer and HR worked well together in getting me to the place and the follow up was good. He was engaging. The building and area was nice, the employees seemed friendly inside their cubes. All males. I got a Boiler Room type of vibe in the room. It seemed like it would be a good entry level job to get some experience assuming you could work in that type of environment.

Interview Questions

• Typical phone sales: can I make 150+ calls a day, asked questions about my acuity for prospecting for money   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call from the recruiter. We talked for a little bit. It was part of the screen test , after that she scheduled an appointment for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle 200 phone call a day?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Balboa Capital.

Interview

They mainly focused on the interviewee's ability to make over 200 calls a day. If you were able to do this then it pretty much was a green light.

Another coworker of mine said his interview was a series of 3 questions:
    1. Can you make 200 calls a day?
    2. Are you afraid of making sales?
    3. Are you afraid of me?

It went something like that anyway.

Interview Questions

• Can you make over 200 sales calls a day?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Professional, detailed, comprehensive. Spent a great deal of time meeting with different Department Leaders in Marketing, Operations, Collections and Risk/Credit. Very thorough Q&A session and overview of Company and marketing strategy. No complaints.

Interview Questions

• What my long-term objectives were relative to my career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

This interview was scheduled by a recruiter who is not in the area. We spoke several times over the phone and she asked me various questions in regards to my background/employment. They set up an interview several days later with Eric Mandela who is the manager at the Jacksonville location he was very thorough and answered all of my questions. He was also very honest about the commission structure and has a long history in this business. Awaiting interview result.

Interview Questions

• Describe the positions you have previously been in.   1 Answer