Balboa Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Balboa Capital Interview Questions

Interviews at Balboa Capital

2.6

Sort:

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Balboa Capital in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was normal. Met with my direct report and the division manager. Also had the opportunity to sit with a future colleague and see exactly what the job entailed. No tough questions, all standard such as sell this pencil, how do you do deal with difficult people, etc.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two steps. Initially there will be a phone screen with a recruiter. Following that, you will have a face to face interview with the person who oversees the team.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

When I started with Balboa I came on as a recruiter, however, have since transitioned into sales. Typically, this is the hiring process. A recruiter will contact you regarding your resume. You will go through one, maybe two phone screenings. This is done not only to gauge your background, skill set, and interests but also how you handle and present yourself over the phone. An interview will then be set up with a Sales Manager. From here the process can go in a few directions, typically there will be a second interview/shadow session scheduled. This is done as much for the candidate as it is for Balboa. Afterward, a decision will be made regarding an offer going out.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interviewing for a sales position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for entry level sales reps.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I saw the marketing position online and submitted my resume and link to my LinkedIn account, and received a prompt phone call from one of the recruiting team members. It was a new position for the company's marketing department, so some of my questions could not be answered by the recruiter. On the day of the interview, I met with the recruiter, marketing coordinator and marketing director. Everyone was on time and they were fully prepared. It was a good experience, and I could tell it would be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I could improve certain areas of their digital and content marketing efforts.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Balboa Capital.

Interview

Great interview process and really some of the kindest recruiters. However, you learn that once you get the job, you’ll do a lot of learning from people around you - not the presentations that they make you watch for your first 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with making 200+ calls a day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process starts off with a phone screen and proceeds with in-person interviews. Interview questions were concise and direct. Interviewers were very kind. Most of the questions were behavioral and a lot of attention was given to talking about what the company does.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital.

Interview

Called by it, set up interview with manager. General questions for an interview. Will hire anyone competent because turnover is high. The company is good if you're a cold caller.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Balboa Capital.

Interview

The interview process was super easy. I heard back within a few days, and from there had a phone interview the next day. From there, I had an in person interview within a few more days, and i was given an offer 2 days later. Pretty simple and easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Quick, Painless and pleasant. Alyssa was very polite and gracious to work with my questions! Great interview experience and quick in person interview. Quick to the point and was out within 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable on the phone speaking to people   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

interviewing proccess was quick and easy my recruiter Mary Le made sure i had all the information needed, any questions answered and documents taken care of in a timely manner, my interview was a relaxing environment, Marcello Marrodan the sales manager was very kind and knew a lot about the company answering any questions i had.

Interview Questions

• what drives your interest to get into sales?   1 Answer