Balboa Capital Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Comprised of two phone interviews followed by an in person interview. Pretty straight forward, normal questions that would relate to a sales position interview. Quickly became a pitch on them selling to me.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I met with recruiter and some Managers in a group setting, then met with specific managers in 1:1 interview process so they could each provide their opinions on me being a good fit

Interview Questions

• How long I've been in sales, can I learn new CRM modules and follow a plan to reach my goals   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I first met with the branch manager for about 30 minutes. He asked some basic questions, nothing difficult. I then met with one of the account managers. Both guys I met with made unrealistic promises about how much money I would make. The interviewer quickly turned into a recruiter.

Junior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly organized and not too long. The campus is very nice. You usually wait outside for someone to interview you. The conference room is fairly large, but office seems to be a little compact. Parking is not free, but they give you a stamp. However, I got a stamp and still ended up paying $3. Make sure you overestimate your time there, so you don't have to pay for parking!

Interview Questions

• What is something about you that makes you stand out compared to other people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Friendly. The Interviewer and HR worked well together in getting me to the place and the follow up was good. He was engaging. The building and area was nice, the employees seemed friendly inside their cubes. All males. I got a Boiler Room type of vibe in the room. It seemed like it would be a good entry level job to get some experience assuming you could work in that type of environment.

Interview Questions

• Typical phone sales: can I make 150+ calls a day, asked questions about my acuity for prospecting for money   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call from the recruiter. We talked for a little bit. It was part of the screen test , after that she scheduled an appointment for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle 200 phone call a day?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Professional, detailed, comprehensive. Spent a great deal of time meeting with different Department Leaders in Marketing, Operations, Collections and Risk/Credit. Very thorough Q&A session and overview of Company and marketing strategy. No complaints.

Interview Questions

• What my long-term objectives were relative to my career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was found at a college career fair. Called me to schedule an interview and came in 2 times with a manager and the other time to shadow a sales rep. to see what a normal day looks like.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was stress-free. The recruiter was great about calling me and giving me the necessary paperwork. The manager I interviewed with made me feel comfortable and gave me good insight, as to what I could expect as a potential employee with Balboa.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, like what your current job is, skills you have and what you're looking to do at Balboa.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Balboa Capital (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by Sales manager interview and finally interview with hiring manager. Overall it was fairly easy. They want to see that you are looking to stay with the company long term. Additionally it is good to show energy and do not be intimidated by talk of long hours or lots or cold calls. Stay excited through all of it and show a willingness to work your a** off and the job is yours.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Are you willing to make 200+ calls per day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a