Baldwin & Lyons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.5

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online for a claims rep job on their website. I was contacted the same week by an HR rep to schedule an initial 20-30 minute interview the following Tuesday. The HR person confirmed the time via email. Come interview time, they did not initiate the call and I emailed them back requesting a new slot after they had missed it. HR person responded they have decided to go forward with another candidate. I have read a review on glassdoor with a similar experience of not keeping scheduled interviews. That is a pattern, not a one-off accident.

Very unprofessional to schedule the interview and not proceed with it. Also very unprofessional they would not notify of the cancellation and I had to pursue them for a reschedule at all. It's clear they do not value your time as an applicant. I doubt they will value your time as an employee. This became even more odd when the exact same job posting was re-added onto jobs boards the following week. I would not be frustrated had just a better candidate got the job, but the circumstances are very suspicious.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The HR rep scheduled 2 different phone interviews. The HR rep did not call on both occasions. I followed-up with an email, voicemail, to let her know I was still interested. No follow-up or call-back from her.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I applied for four qualified positions over the course of a year. They never email you back for status updates or rejection. They don't have an online portal or contact to check status. I recently applied again and had the same result. I reached out to a hiring manager to see about a position and check status. She forward my email to an HR intern. Really? The HR department is horrible and never keep you informed.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Carmel, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the internship online, gave them my resume, HR called me for a phone interview, then they invited me into their offices for another interview with some of the actuaries.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you (in office)? Where do you see yourself five years from now (phone interview)?   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Carmel, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Got an email asking what times I am available for a phone interview. Phone interview was straight forward enough asking me why I wanted to work there and why that position. Some behavioral questions. lasted 30 mins.

Within two days I get an email asking me what times I am available for an on-site interview with the manager of the position. (the person I would be working directly under). Interview lasted an hour and was very informal. I was expecting tough "why should we hire you?" kind of questions but it was mostly him explaining the role and answering any questions I had about the company and position.

I was told I would hear back from them within 2 weeks.

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons.

Interview

It was a phone interview conducted by one of the HR interns. It lasted about 30 min. Only approximately 8-10 questions. There were a few behavioral questions, a question pertaining to my resume, and the rest were logistical questions pertaining to the job like, how many hours are you willing to work? when can you start? The interview was short and sweet. My only complaint is that after about 1.5 weeks i had not heard anything back. I believe that once you start a screening process with a candidate it is professional courtesy to let that individual know whether or not they are moving along with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were a part of a miscommunication. Tell me your role in that situation and how to you fix it?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

very easy and fast, I didn't have an phone screen because this was the second time I interviewed. I had interviewed for an entry level position in underwriting before this so I didn't have a phone screen like i did before. I was contacted and asked to come in for a face to face with unit supervisor and dept mgr.

Interview Questions

• it was more like a conversation, be ready to sale yourself on your strengths, and make sure you have excellent customer service skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate they gave me what I asked for on my application

Reinsurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons in May 2016.

Interview

I received an email to set up a phone screening pretty quickly after I applied online. The phone screening went well, but instead of emailing me to set up an interview, the recruiter called me and asked if I could interview one day later. Because it was on the phone I felt pressured to say yes. So I had to take a short notice day off work for the interview. The hiring manager didn't seem interested in getting to know me at all, just kept asking condescending questions about my work experience, for an entry level job that didn't really require much specific experience. And worst of all she didn't even acknowledge the fact that I took a day off of work with no notice to drive 2 hours both ways for this interview. Even though the interview was rushed, I didn't hear back for more than a month. I emailed the recruiter every week for four weeks asking about the status of the position and never heard a word back. Until about a month later when she said that the position was put on hold and they wanted me to come in for another interview. At that point I was very upset that they wouldn't even email me back to let me know anything, and my suspicion was that they were just lying to me because the first choice fell through somehow. Also, I wasn't willing to take another day off of work on short notice for a company that had been so unprofessional up to that point. So I emailed them and explained that I didn't really feel like I should have to come in for another interview, I asked them to clarify what exactly the interview was for, whether it was for negotiating or to ask more of the same questions I was asked by the four others I interviewed with. They again showed zero professionalism by not even emailing me back after that. I'm so glad that I wasn't even tempted by a job offer because this company seems like a horrible place to work, and I just got a job at a million times better place.

Interview Questions

• How much is strategy a part of your current job.   1 Answer

The entire process was so unprofessional on their end, I do not want to be a part of it.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons in February 2016.

Interview

I met an individual at a career fair, and then received a call about the position. I went through a phone interview, followed up with the interviewer who was very nice, and then never heard back. Really, all I wanted to know was whether or not I was still a candidate. I just wish I would have been given that since I was very excited about the position.

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumberland, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Cumberland, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview then quickly was scheduled for an onsite interview. The whole process has went by very fast so far. The HR recruiter was very nice and professional. I'm looking forward to the onsite interview. I was sent an email to have papers filled out for the interview including a lot of personal information that, in my experience, usually isn't filled out until after an offer and acceptance. Hopefully this is a good sign!

Interview Questions

• Phone interview asked scenario questions, past experience and why I wanted the position.   Answer Question