Baldwin & Lyons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baldwin & Lyons Interview Questions

2.2

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Carmel, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Got an email asking what times I am available for a phone interview. Phone interview was straight forward enough asking me why I wanted to work there and why that position. Some behavioral questions. lasted 30 mins.

Within two days I get an email asking me what times I am available for an on-site interview with the manager of the position. (the person I would be working directly under). Interview lasted an hour and was very informal. I was expecting tough "why should we hire you?" kind of questions but it was mostly him explaining the role and answering any questions I had about the company and position.

I was told I would hear back from them within 2 weeks.

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons.

Interview

It was a phone interview conducted by one of the HR interns. It lasted about 30 min. Only approximately 8-10 questions. There were a few behavioral questions, a question pertaining to my resume, and the rest were logistical questions pertaining to the job like, how many hours are you willing to work? when can you start? The interview was short and sweet. My only complaint is that after about 1.5 weeks i had not heard anything back. I believe that once you start a screening process with a candidate it is professional courtesy to let that individual know whether or not they are moving along with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were a part of a miscommunication. Tell me your role in that situation and how to you fix it?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

very easy and fast, I didn't have an phone screen because this was the second time I interviewed. I had interviewed for an entry level position in underwriting before this so I didn't have a phone screen like i did before. I was contacted and asked to come in for a face to face with unit supervisor and dept mgr.

Interview Questions

• it was more like a conversation, be ready to sale yourself on your strengths, and make sure you have excellent customer service skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate they gave me what I asked for on my application

Reinsurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons in May 2016.

Interview

I received an email to set up a phone screening pretty quickly after I applied online. The phone screening went well, but instead of emailing me to set up an interview, the recruiter called me and asked if I could interview one day later. Because it was on the phone I felt pressured to say yes. So I had to take a short notice day off work for the interview. The hiring manager didn't seem interested in getting to know me at all, just kept asking condescending questions about my work experience, for an entry level job that didn't really require much specific experience. And worst of all she didn't even acknowledge the fact that I took a day off of work with no notice to drive 2 hours both ways for this interview. Even though the interview was rushed, I didn't hear back for more than a month. I emailed the recruiter every week for four weeks asking about the status of the position and never heard a word back. Until about a month later when she said that the position was put on hold and they wanted me to come in for another interview. At that point I was very upset that they wouldn't even email me back to let me know anything, and my suspicion was that they were just lying to me because the first choice fell through somehow. Also, I wasn't willing to take another day off of work on short notice for a company that had been so unprofessional up to that point. So I emailed them and explained that I didn't really feel like I should have to come in for another interview, I asked them to clarify what exactly the interview was for, whether it was for negotiating or to ask more of the same questions I was asked by the four others I interviewed with. They again showed zero professionalism by not even emailing me back after that. I'm so glad that I wasn't even tempted by a job offer because this company seems like a horrible place to work, and I just got a job at a million times better place.

Interview Questions

• How much is strategy a part of your current job.   1 Answer

The entire process was so unprofessional on their end, I do not want to be a part of it.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons in February 2016.

Interview

I met an individual at a career fair, and then received a call about the position. I went through a phone interview, followed up with the interviewer who was very nice, and then never heard back. Really, all I wanted to know was whether or not I was still a candidate. I just wish I would have been given that since I was very excited about the position.

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumberland, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Cumberland, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview then quickly was scheduled for an onsite interview. The whole process has went by very fast so far. The HR recruiter was very nice and professional. I'm looking forward to the onsite interview. I was sent an email to have papers filled out for the interview including a lot of personal information that, in my experience, usually isn't filled out until after an offer and acceptance. Hopefully this is a good sign!

Interview Questions

• Phone interview asked scenario questions, past experience and why I wanted the position.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons in September 2015.

Interview

Spent a brief time with a phone interviewer. My interviewer was very polite and courteous. Really appreciated the fact that they told me I would be hearing from them either way. Still waiting to hear back. However, the entire process was pleasurable and pain free, more so then other interviews.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Carmel, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

There were multiple interviews with the head of the intern department. This was followed by an interview with the head of the department you wish to be in. The first interviews are very basic, asking what you do in your free time, etc. The interview with your department head is more department based. But keep in mind they realize you are an intern and are there to learn. They do however, look for someone they believe will take the internship and run with it. They want someone who is going to make the most of it.

Interview Questions

• We do look to hire on after the internship period is over. Is this something you would be interested in?   Answer Question

Sagamore Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Carmel, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

First I met with a recruiter at the career fair. next I applied online through their online application process, I sent the recruiter a follow up email. She emailed me back and set up a phone interview for three days later. The phone interview was about 15 minutes long. I sent a follow up email. I heard back a few days later to schedule an onsite interview. I met with the recruiter for about 15 minutes, then she took me upstairs to talk with the person that would be my supervisor. We sat in his office and spoke for about 30 minutes. I got a tour of the building. I sent a follow up email to both the recruiter and the supervisor thanking them for their time. I received a phone call about a week after where the recruiter gave me an offer. I said yes and had to sign my offer letter and send it back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about B&L.   1 Answer

Architect/IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Carmel, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was extremely fast and efficient. Had a first interview with the hiring manager followed by an onsite interview with several peers and team members (about two hours). Received an offer the day after the onsite interview. Entire process took about two business days.

Questions were not scripted. It was really more of a dialogue and a chance for both sides to determine if it was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What would you hope to accomplish in your first 90 days?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation. I went into the process knowing what the salary range and benefits were. The offer was fair and competitive with the market so I saw no need to negotiate.