Balfour Beatty Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Balfour Beatty Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview Questions

Interviews at Balfour Beatty

3.2

Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Video Interview - 6 questions - unlimited time to read 4 of the questions before answering and 30 seconds to read the last two. Time limit of 1 minute to answer every question once started.

Interview Questions

• 1. What attracts you to the graduate scheme within Balfour Beatty?

2. What are your key strengths that you will bring to Balfour Beatty?

3. How has your course and any work experience prepared you to be successful for the scheme?

4. What challenges do you think you might face on our graduate scheme?

5. Tell us about a time that you impressed someone?

6. Balfour has many areas of business, talk about an area that excites you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Balfour Beatty

Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

First applied online where I was quickly sent some online tests. These involved a verbal and numerical test. If you pass these they contact you for a phone interview. This involved finding out some background information about yourself, what you knew about BB and a couple competency questions. I was offered an assessment centre straight away but I'm not sure if that's standard practice or if I was very lucky! At the assessment centre I gave a pre prepared presentation to an assessor. Had an interview with two others and performed a group task to a panel of 5. Overall a great day as was made very welcomed and relaxed. Two days later I was informed I passed and now waiting to hear what's next!

Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

First Stage- Telephone interview which was basically discussing why Balfour etc? Standard questions lasted around 20 minutes.

Second Stage- Assessment day- very positive experience and was quite laid back which I enjoyed. This involved a group exercise followed by a one on one interview followed by a presentation.

Third stage- One on one interview with the head of commercial to discuss expectations etc

Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)).

Interview

- 3 Stages - phone interview, assessment centre, final interview
    - Assessment centre was made up of a group task, individual task, presentation and a one to one interview with an assessor, day began at 9am and finished at 3pm.
    - if successful you were asked to a final interview

Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Motherwell, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Motherwell, Scotland (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

I had the Commercial Director and another head of department for the interview. Had a thorough chat about my CV. I was prepped to discuss current projects in Scotland. Behavioural and technical questions about the role were also asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question