Balfour Beatty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Balfour Beatty Interview Questions

Interviews at Balfour Beatty

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Carson, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Fort Carson, CO) in February 2018.

Interview

Got a call a week after applying, asking to come in for interview. Got interviewed by two ladies who were friendly and easygoing. Unfortunately the pay is too low for the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• How much do you expect to earn?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Stewart, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Fort Stewart, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with General Manager and Neighborhood Manager. I had previously been in contact with GM around Thanksgiving of 2013. He informed me of a position that would be available at first of the year 2014. He believed I would be a good fit for the company and would do well in the position if I were to be interested. We kept in contact via email, and eventually, I decided that I would love the opportunity. I was instructed to apply online and the HR department would be expecting my application. From there, I interviewed with Neighborhood manager and met some of the other team members. After a few days, I was contacted with a request to meet with the managers again. I was then offered position and pay, instructed where and when to take my drug screening, and signed consent for background check. After apx 2 weeks, I was able to begin working with the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic Interview Questions: Where did I see myself in 5 years? How would I handle dispute in the workplace? Etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minot AFB, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Minot AFB, ND) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online for a position I was not fully qualified for, but received an email to interview for a lower position. Interview was approximately 3 weeks later. The interviewer was running behind due to other interviews. I waited approximately 20 minutes past my appointment time to even be noticed (we were at an offsite location).

Interview Questions

• Why had I not been in a property management position for 3 years prior with my extensive background?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate for higher wages for your local economy. Also, if you are a military spouse see if the CAM would be willing to waive benefits in place of higher wages.

Director of IT Operations and Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The process began in early November.

My first interview was with the CIO and another IT director. It was a pleasant interview with standard questions. I never did a phone screen with the recruiter. I received zero follow up from the internal recruiter after multiple attempts to connect.

Then out of the blue I received a request to come in for a second interview with managers that would be direct reports in the role. This was also a pleasant interview.

Again, I received zero response from the recruiter. After several attempts to get an update, another person in HR emailed me they were still doing interviews and expected to have a decision by the 22nd of January. And again, no communication from anyone 3 weeks later.

This was a high level role and I’m shocked at how they handled candidates. They just totally ghosted on me. I received another job offer, so I’m not pursuing this one any longer. It’s now February.

Please teach your internal recruiters how to follow up with candidates. Don’t waste our time and keep us informed during the process. My feelings won’t be hurt by a No. This is a basic job function of a recruiter.

Track and Rail Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and if they were interested, they gave me a call and set up a time for an interview that was most convenient for the both of us. Then I went to their facility, they interviewed me (2people - group interview) and then they got back to me in about a week. It was a fairly simple process.

Interview Questions

• When given a new project, what are your usual first steps that you take?   Answer Question
    • What would you say your biggest strengths are?   Answer Question
    • With your biggest strength, how is that applied to a team setting and how are you able to incorporate yourself into a team?   Answer Question
    • How would you rate your communication skills within a team?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty.

Interview

Simple and straight to the point. Questions were based on position and work experience. It was a informal interview, more of a conversation which I loved. First I had a phone screening about customer service experience and then a week later I had a 1:1 interview with the FM.

Leasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairburn, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Fairburn, GA) in February 2019.

Interview

Was smooth I felt comfortable with the manager and her questions she was very happy to be part of the company and the staff was pleasant the property was beautiful during the process I also did my own research to make sure it was the right fit for me as well

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I felt about working on my own being part of the team.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (San Jose, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Relatively informal. Sit-down interview in the project-site office. All B.B. employees on that project came into the room and had copies of my resume. Very typical questions, though nothing about salary for obvious reasons. Really dug into my related experience, and they asked me some straight-forward and text-book questions. They asked about other projects by B.B. that I might be more interested in. (To be clear, I have not received a formal offer, but my recruiter seems confident that I landed the role. It's been 9 days since the interview).

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you faced a challenge"
      "Name a time you made a mistake"
      "How were you punished?"
      "Read this plan-sheet, tell me what you see." (interview presented structural plan page in order to test my knowledge)
      "Why did you choose B.B."   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty in April 2012.

Interview

Originally applied for a position near their corporate office, received two 1:1 phone interviews that were very positive. The position was filled within the company (great way to keep staff happy that have the skills). They were still interested but didn't have another position. After a couple of weeks, one opened up and they flew me to the installation to look at the site. In the meantime I interviewed and was offered another position with a different company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or hard. They were very forthcoming and I felt very comfortable.   Answer Question

Received other offer that provided more potential growth.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

I met the Hiring Manager at a hotel lobby. He was with a colleague. We liked each other. I was invited another senior manager. Met him briefly in the office. Questions were mostly generic. Both interviewers were largely assessing personality, communication skills, and gauging the ability to deliver. I succeeded at both interviews.