Balfour Beatty Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Balfour Beatty Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1 on 1 interview lasting around 15-20 mins based on companies core values
    Short presentation - You are sent information on beforehand and must present to two people. Topic was on Balfour Beatty, Zero harm, and why you are a good candidate.
    Group task - Given a short scenario and are given two hours to come up with a product idea for the scenario, create a prototype based on available resources and must then pitch the idea to a panel.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

online application involving cover letter, cv and some questions, then numerical and logical test. Phone interview for role information, and project background, and then a face to face interview. Very quick feedback from the interview,

Interview Questions

• Asked for example of how I fitted the company values, and very thorough check through the items listed on my cv   Answer Question

Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Video Interview - 6 questions - unlimited time to read 4 of the questions before answering and 30 seconds to read the last two. Time limit of 1 minute to answer every question once started.

Interview Questions

• 1. What attracts you to the graduate scheme within Balfour Beatty?

2. What are your key strengths that you will bring to Balfour Beatty?

3. How has your course and any work experience prepared you to be successful for the scheme?

4. What challenges do you think you might face on our graduate scheme?

5. Tell us about a time that you impressed someone?

6. Balfour has many areas of business, talk about an area that excites you?
      1 Answer

Business Management Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Submit a CV and apply online; then verbal and numerical reasoning tests; then a video interview (why BB and situational/competency questions); assessment centre consisting of a group assessment (choosing a solution from 3 options and justifying why), a competency based interview and an individual presentation which followed on from the group assessment brief (50 mins to read documents and prepare, 10 mins to give the presentation and 20 mins questioning).

Interview Questions

• A time you thought about health and safety, generic team work questions, why BB etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was overall pretty good, had to travel to London and they didn't cover the cost of travelling though which was pretty disappointing. With this being said they got back to me the day after the assessment centre which was good. The interview was normal and mostly competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Balfour Beatty?   1 Answer

Commercial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

- We were asked to complete a group exercise which tested out teamwork, communication and leadership skills.
    - We then had to prepare a short presentation explaining why we wanted to work for the company and what we could add to the company.
    -The day was finished off by a 1 on 1 interview where we were asked a range of different questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Balfour Beatty?   Answer Question
    • What attracts you to the construction industry?   1 Answer

The work location was too far me and I received an offer from another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

This is an automated interview during which you will record answers to six pre-set questions. You will be given 60 seconds to record your response to each question, however if you are satisfied with your answer before the time is up, you can stop the recording.

Benefits for you:
    * Impress the interviewer and show your personality.
    * Communicate your strongest skills early on.
    * Record in your own time and place.

Click here to find out how a recorded interview works

What you need:
    * A computer with a webcam & microphone or
    * A tablet/smartphone (Android 2.2+ or iOS 6+).
    * Broadband connection (min 0.3 Mbs/s).

Hints and Tips:
    * Make sure the background is clear.
    * Make sure your environment is well lit and quiet.
    * Use an external microphone if there is noise in the background.
    * Re-read your application and refresh your knowledge of the company and make sure you are up-to-date with recent industry developments and initiatives.
    * Think about your interests and recent achievements, both academic and non-academic, which you could talk about in an interview situation.
    * Read about our values and think of examples where you have demonstrated these behaviours, and the competencies required for the role you have applied for.

Interview Questions

• can you describe an example to show that you match our company values.   Answer Question

L&D Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Contacted through recruiter. Attended panel interview at London HQ. Long interview, good questions, related to experience, interviewer provided overview of job, seemed to be a bit in the air what was required, no clear answers to questions regarding scope and requirements. Did not provide feedback after interview, other than 'weakest candidate'.

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied from the Balfour Beatty Site for the IT Graduate position.
    I received a call for a technical interview in London and was scheduled in the morning.
    I reached on time, and the interview started after 10 minutes. There were 2 interviewers who had a sheet in their hand and a notepad.
    They introduced themselves and since how long they were with the company and then asked me about myself. I was working 2 part-times so they asked how is that going and what type of job you do.
    Then they asked me scenario based questions, examples on when I displayed leadership, effective communication, management skills, team working etc. After that they asked me about my education and my projects which I had mentioned on my CV. In the last, the line that made an impression on the interviewer I guess was when I said that I could assure you that whatever you invest in me I will give you 200% back. After a week I received a call that I was selected for the second interview which was HR based.
    I went for the second interview which was taken by the CIO of the company and the Head of HR. They asked me various value based questions like what I thought about the values of the company like integrity, teamwork, respect etc and then asked me to describe scenarios of when I displayed those.
    After a week I received a call to say that I am hired !! :) .. At that time I asked that can you please tell me what would my salary be because I was so nervous that I had forgotten to ask that.. :) .. she laughed and said this is your salary and asked if I was happy with it. It was my first proper job so honestly I was happy with anything :)

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I found was the scenario based. Because they were timed and it was hard to think of an example at that time. There were total 10 scenarios which I needed to explain in order to demonstrate my skills.   1 Answer

Industrial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

Balfour Beatty has arranged an interview process in the uni, where before they interviewed they have made a brief presentation about background of the company and positions available within the company. They have then conducted an IQ test which lasted 30mins. After the IQ test applicants where taken for 1:1 interview with the man in charge of recruiting.