Balfour Beatty Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

First applied online where I was quickly sent some online tests. These involved a verbal and numerical test. If you pass these they contact you for a phone interview. This involved finding out some background information about yourself, what you knew about BB and a couple competency questions. I was offered an assessment centre straight away but I'm not sure if that's standard practice or if I was very lucky! At the assessment centre I gave a pre prepared presentation to an assessor. Had an interview with two others and performed a group task to a panel of 5. Overall a great day as was made very welcomed and relaxed. Two days later I was informed I passed and now waiting to hear what's next!

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, which was a simple CV upload.
    The next day I was sent two online tests, one was a numerical test and the other a verbal reasoning test.
    Having passed the online test, about a week later I was sent an online video interview. For the interview you were asked 4 questions in total. You were allowed to look at one question at a time, for an unlimited about of time, and then had 1 minute to record your answer, with 2 attempts to do so.

I am now waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Balfour Beatty and specifically why are you interested in the Graduate Programme?   1 Answer
    • What areas within Balfour Beatty are you interested in and why?   1 Answer

HSEQ Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was approached by Balfour Beatty about a position they had. I discussed with the recruiter my limitations (mainly family life commitments) however they wanted to interview. I attended and the interview seemed ok. To date I have heard nothing and note their lack of professional courtesy. Its not that difficult to send a two liner - thanks not this time.......It is unlikely I would have taken the job and having read the reviews here that position is reinforced,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1 on 1 interview lasting around 15-20 mins based on companies core values
    Short presentation - You are sent information on beforehand and must present to two people. Topic was on Balfour Beatty, Zero harm, and why you are a good candidate.
    Group task - Given a short scenario and are given two hours to come up with a product idea for the scenario, create a prototype based on available resources and must then pitch the idea to a panel.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

online application involving cover letter, cv and some questions, then numerical and logical test. Phone interview for role information, and project background, and then a face to face interview. Very quick feedback from the interview,

Interview Questions

• Asked for example of how I fitted the company values, and very thorough check through the items listed on my cv   Answer Question

Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Video Interview - 6 questions - unlimited time to read 4 of the questions before answering and 30 seconds to read the last two. Time limit of 1 minute to answer every question once started.

Interview Questions

• 1. What attracts you to the graduate scheme within Balfour Beatty?

2. What are your key strengths that you will bring to Balfour Beatty?

3. How has your course and any work experience prepared you to be successful for the scheme?

4. What challenges do you think you might face on our graduate scheme?

5. Tell us about a time that you impressed someone?

6. Balfour has many areas of business, talk about an area that excites you?   1 Answer

Business Management Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Submit a CV and apply online; then verbal and numerical reasoning tests; then a video interview (why BB and situational/competency questions); assessment centre consisting of a group assessment (choosing a solution from 3 options and justifying why), a competency based interview and an individual presentation which followed on from the group assessment brief (50 mins to read documents and prepare, 10 mins to give the presentation and 20 mins questioning).

Interview Questions

• A time you thought about health and safety, generic team work questions, why BB etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was overall pretty good, had to travel to London and they didn't cover the cost of travelling though which was pretty disappointing. With this being said they got back to me the day after the assessment centre which was good. The interview was normal and mostly competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Balfour Beatty?   1 Answer

Commercial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

- We were asked to complete a group exercise which tested out teamwork, communication and leadership skills.
    - We then had to prepare a short presentation explaining why we wanted to work for the company and what we could add to the company.
    -The day was finished off by a 1 on 1 interview where we were asked a range of different questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Balfour Beatty?   Answer Question
    • What attracts you to the construction industry?   1 Answer

The work location was too far me and I received an offer from another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

This is an automated interview during which you will record answers to six pre-set questions. You will be given 60 seconds to record your response to each question, however if you are satisfied with your answer before the time is up, you can stop the recording.

Benefits for you:
    * Impress the interviewer and show your personality.
    * Communicate your strongest skills early on.
    * Record in your own time and place.

Click here to find out how a recorded interview works

What you need:
    * A computer with a webcam & microphone or
    * A tablet/smartphone (Android 2.2+ or iOS 6+).
    * Broadband connection (min 0.3 Mbs/s).

Hints and Tips:
    * Make sure the background is clear.
    * Make sure your environment is well lit and quiet.
    * Use an external microphone if there is noise in the background.
    * Re-read your application and refresh your knowledge of the company and make sure you are up-to-date with recent industry developments and initiatives.
    * Think about your interests and recent achievements, both academic and non-academic, which you could talk about in an interview situation.
    * Read about our values and think of examples where you have demonstrated these behaviours, and the competencies required for the role you have applied for.

Interview Questions

• can you describe an example to show that you match our company values.   Answer Question