Balfour Beatty Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Balfour Beatty Project Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Balfour Beatty

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Penn State University, PA).

Interview

A series of interviews, in which was an individualized interview one on one. Based on the performance or candidate's potential, the first interview would lead to a second interview. However, this was with two interviewers and a little more in depth. Overall very productive and effective.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Balfour Beatty

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty.

Interview

Was brought into the backroom and interviewed by the chief estimater whome I never worked for. He was very coordial but didn't seem to know much about the operations side of the business. I think I was originally being brought in for one position but was a better fit for another.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about experience, etc. Nothing crazy or out of left field   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview went very well with quick follow up! I came out with a great understanding of the company values and structure. We discussed what the company needed and I told them what I could offer.

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Stillwater, OK) in March 2013.

Interview

When I first interviewed with Balfour it was for an intern position. The two interviewers were very relaxed and made the interview seem more like we were just having a conversation. They asked the typical questions like, why I wanted to be in construction. After the interview they gave me some free stuff like most companies do that are hiring interns. It took close to a month before I heard back from there HR department. That what the only thing throughout the whole process that was a little disappointing. I have heard that is the average wait time but I was anxious to hear back since I assumed my interview went so well. I did not have an interview for my full time employment they just offered me after my internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation you have encountered where there was a conflict that involved you at work and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much of one because they beat all of my other offers. I still told them that I wanted more time to think because of other offers and they accepted that willingly.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Very extensive process that took multiple days the group I interviewed with ended up basically all being gone once i actually started which was very disappointing and made me question the decision immediately

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty (San Jose, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Relatively informal. Sit-down interview in the project-site office. All B.B. employees on that project came into the room and had copies of my resume. Very typical questions, though nothing about salary for obvious reasons. Really dug into my related experience, and they asked me some straight-forward and text-book questions. They asked about other projects by B.B. that I might be more interested in. (To be clear, I have not received a formal offer, but my recruiter seems confident that I landed the role. It's been 9 days since the interview).

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you faced a challenge"
      "Name a time you made a mistake"
      "How were you punished?"
      "Read this plan-sheet, tell me what you see." (interview presented structural plan page in order to test my knowledge)
      "Why did you choose B.B."   1 Answer