Balfour Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Balfour (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

I knew the head of development and he solicited me to apply. They have a legacy project that is ASP/C#.NET and a next generation project that was to be in Java/J2EE. They later switched to a PHP based solution for this new project. I have some minor experience in PHP and LAMP development however my primary experience has been Java development. I assumed this was understood. I initially spoke with someone on phone and sent a resume. I interviewed onsite early the next week. I met with four engineers in all. I was asked about PHP, Agile development, SQL/database questions as well as OO and framework/methodology questions. It was clear at the end of the interview I did not posess the experience they were looking for with PHP. My friend thought this would not be a problem but I never receieved an offer and went with another job. Mildly dissapointing but I got the impression I would not like working there. There seemed to be some internal infighting among the sw development team. My friend pretty much confirmed as much.

Interview Questions