Ballard Spahr Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was given a call-back at this firm, following OCI. The attorneys were friendly and courteous, and expected that the interviewee have a lot of specific knowledge about the firm and what his/her areas of interest are. This process took place in a single conference room and was a bit less structured and formal than other callback interviews I had, with many attorneys running a bit late or staying a bit later. I heard nothing from the firm after several weeks, and it was by my initiative in a follow-up call that I realized that I had not been given an offer.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied on line in November 2015. Got two e-mail inquiries and a phone interview in December 2015. An in person interview in January 2016 which consisted interviewing with Administration and Attorney. Interviewers were pleasant and very informative. Software grammar and typing tests followed. After tests were taken I was told they will be in touch. Haven't heard anything from them yet

Interview Questions

• Why haven't you been working since you were laid off?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Once the ball got really it took a while still. There were many people involved in the hiring and selection process. I spoke with two girls from HR, two assistants, the office manager and two attorneys.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was like a conversation. But those who interview you seem super nice but in the workplace they are much different. The questions were very general. They just want to see how you are as a general person. They promised that I would be heavily in contact with lawyers but it was not true. The interview was generally them talking up how great the company is to trick you into wanting to work there.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with the Director of Practice Management and her backup. With the Director of Practice Management, we spent more time talking about people we both knew than we did talking about the position, although that was covered too. There was some testing involving knowledge of legal terminology and Microsoft Office software.

Interview Questions

• I'm afraid this position won't be challenging enough for you. What do you think?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Interview

2 Interviews

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Washington, DC).

Interview

Straight forward process. First phone interview, then call-in for skills test and in person interview. Got my offer a day later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give you a number and you can negotiate from there.

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr (Cherry Hill, NJ).

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by another phone interview, personal interview with HR and then personal interview with managing partner and other partners of the office for which the position is for. Took about two weeks and a total of 3 personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• I had many years of management experience in a union environment and the interviewers wanted to make sure that as the office administrator/manager, I was not interested in unionizing the office workforce.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very pleasant and in my favor.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ballard Spahr in March 2010.

Interview

Very straight forward and review past experience. Very detail orientated.