Baltimore City Public School System Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

Baltimore City Public School System Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Updated Dec 17, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Principal was a bit ill-informed about my background. Had a unexpected "show me what you got" request with students during interview. Make sure you research the school that you are going to interview for and get multiple opinions. The interview was OK, as a first year teacher you do not know what to expect but there normal job questions were ask and I was asked to present my skills etc. unexpctedly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

scheduled for 1 hour, lasted about half. Interviewer was distracted by the two way radio. Essentially, interviewer was not prepared foi my arrival and had to be tracked down.

Interview Questions

• Asking me for experience in 6th grade. I taught 4th and 5th. They knew that.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Basically, there was a panel interview of 4 employees and many of them were writing down the answers to the questions given. After the interview, I had never received any call back or email on whether anyone was hired for the position or not. After a while, I started to contact the HR department but never heard anything back from them or the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

informal and rushed and desperate and they were very vague about the details for the school culture and about how they handled students who violated tier I and Tier II rules and procedures. Vague answers about extra curricular activities and didn't explain the severity of the low test scores and how the majority of students (90%+) could not read --and or were reading 3 and 4 grade levels behind. Also, they did not explain that there was not an effective reading intervention process in place -- that I would have to create that on my own...and that once you were hired- you were trapped regardless of incompatibility issues with that particular school. Also, that nearly 80% of the teachers hired for my position had resigned because the conditions were so bad -- with management playing favoritism, micro managing and notifying us of serious deadlines sometimes only on or two days prior to the deadline.

Interview Questions

• overall they asked vague questions -- nothing about my background --seemed like just wanted to get warm body in front of the classroom --did i deal with misbehavior?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a team of leaders such as the principal, assistant principal, IT chair, and team leaders. I had to perform a demonstration lesson for the subject of my choice. I choose Literacy and did well. The hiring team asked several questions and gave me several scenarios for me to tell how I would handle each scenario. The interview went well and I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• What strategies and techniques do you use daily to manage behavior in the classroom?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process went relatively quick, management was very candid about the details of the role and expectations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was submitted at the rate I negotiated.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

They contacted me almost immediately after I applied to set up an interview. They held first round and second round interviews and then made a decision.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

I was hired for a position I didn't interview for. It was chaotic you have to go through orientation before they will offer you a job. And even if you go through orientation there is no guarantee that you will be offered a job.

Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

The interviewers saw my resume posted online and called me asking if I were interested in a couple of science positions at thier school. I was called in for a formal personal interview with one administrator.
    This was followed by interview with the other administrator, then my credentials were reviewed. I put in formal application at the main office. I was hired a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• What made you feel like you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Secondary Mah Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

I did not have an interview. I was hired through Baltimore city teacher residency, a program for people without teaching degree or background. Even they did not interview me. I interviewed in Baltimore, for an Math teaching position in March, was rejected, then got a call from Philadelphia teaching program offering me a job based on my Baltimore interview? I accepted in Phiadelphia, then in July the program in Phladelphia went bankrupt because the city put a hiring freeze on new teachers. Baltimore city teacher residency sad they would accept any teachers willing to move to Baltimore which I did. I was placed in a high school and only briefly met my principal in passing when being shown the site.