Baltimore City Public School System Special Education Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

I was hired for a position I didn't interview for. It was chaotic you have to go through orientation before they will offer you a job. And even if you go through orientation there is no guarantee that you will be offered a job.

Other Interview Reviews for Baltimore City Public School System

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

To get into the system, I had to do the work myself. I submitted my resume online, but no one at the district office got back to me. I went to schools myself and gave out my interview. I had a few interviews and then a school hired me. I had to WAIT to be hired after the TFA, BCTR were placed. I am a traditional certified teacher, and they placed non teachers before they hired me. I was at the edge of my chair for a month until the paper work went through.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

The process was rather straightforward. Interviewees had to deliver a sample lesson plan that lasted anywhere from 10-15 minutes. Afterwards, the panel of interviewers ask a series of question based off of you lesson. Following this, the leadership staff of the school will brief you on what the culture and climate is for the particular school and will ask how you might handle a number of hypothetical situations. It was pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage classroom behaviors knowing that our school does not believe in detention or suspensions? How will you manage to control your class?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in June 2008.

Interview

find a school and interview with the principal, that way they can request your name through HR, otherwise you will never get a phone call. Make sure you are certified otherwise you could get an offer but if you do not meet highly qualified status they will place you as a surplus.

Interview Questions

• there really arent, they just need A BODY in the classroom   Answer Question

Negotiation

there's none,, the first year they will try to keep you happy, but after that they will take advantage of your generosity