Banana Republic Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Hingham, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer asked pertinent questions that were non threatening and when I reached home I received a call asking if I would like to work. Interviewer was a good listener.

Interview Questions

• What was a good shopping experience for me   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Hiring is very easy, probably too easy. But you still have to "pass" an in-store test which is clever.
    Hiring manager firsts gets his/her "vibe" and sense if you might be a fit, then move on to this second part where he/she brings to out to the sales floor and tests your retail experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview consisted of past experience and then some in store follow up which I thought is very appropriate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Dedham, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted the day after I applied online and had an in store interview a few days later. It was a very quick interview with the Customer Experience Manager. Never met the General Manager until the first day of work. Just asked a few basic questions, but I think it was an easier process for me because I had over two years of retail experience in two other companies and was nearing completion of a four-year-degree. I would imagine the process to be more difficult for less seasoned candidates. I have heard they make candidates walk the floor and pick out outfits to recommend to a specific type of customer. I did not do this and was offered the position on the spot, but it was very clear to the hiring manager I was more than qualified for the part time opening.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with negative customer experiences in previous stores? How do you go above and beyond for your customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no flexibility in pay and it is low compared to similar retailers, such as J. Crew, Vineyard Vines or Lucky Brand. Be prepared to have to dress up to make barely more than minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Hingham, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Pretty negative experience. In regards to time, it was pretty quick. I applied for a temporary position using an online application. I heard back within a 1-2 weeks. My interviewer was very judgmental and made many remarks about my personal appearance. She said that I was cute but that I otherwise was too professional. Just generally acted very condescendingly.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Group interview with a couple people for about 30 mins. I didnt have much experience with retail and it was still in college so i didnt know what to expect going in. The manager was very nice and the group interview allowed me to hear everyones comments which made me think about mine better

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair through my school. We had a brief discussion after I handed him my resume, and then I was asked to call the next day to schedule an in person interview. At the interview I was asked questions by the hiring manager, and then was introduced to the general manager, followed by a tour of the store.

Interview Questions

• What is one apparel item that you would recommend for a man to wear from work, to an evening out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Fill out a lengthy online application evaluating your knowledge of retail operations and loss prevention in a quiz style fashion.
    If selected, have a one on one interview involving questions about why you want to work there, what your strengths are, and how you have developed a base of fashion knowledge. The interview includes a tour of the sales floor and a brief test of fashion. You are required to select an outfit for a specific scenario given to you by your interviewer as a way of judging your abilities.

Interview Questions

• The need to pick out an outfit. I was woefully unaware of this portion of the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me an hourly rate that I could accept or not.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Extremely quick and very friendly. They wanted to know more about me as person rather than my work experience, which is rare. Got back to me the following day. Started one week later got promoted to manager 2 months later.

Interview Questions

• Why work for Banana Republic? Describe your person style in 3 adjectives?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one. Accepted package as is.

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Boston, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

I only had 1 interview which I had gotten after a week of the original application entry. They asked basic questions, but also had this role playing where you try to convince/help the hiring manager pick a outfit for his/her date later that night.

Customer Experience Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Promoted within the company. Definitely bring to plate measurable work performance; i.e. what you have contributed to a team that lead to success. Being able to influence store sales through KPI's (Key Performance Indicators).

Interview Questions

• Not really any particular question but in general being able to have a positive outlook.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always check salaries on Glassdoor and ask for more as you will be talked down.