Banana Republic Brand Ambassador Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Brand Ambassador Interview Questions

Interviews at Banana Republic

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I brought in my resume in person. The manager looked it over, took down my availability, and told me to apply online. I was called 4 days later asking if I could come in for a group interview. I went to the group interview (there were 3 of us) and had a great time. The manager mostly wanted to get to know us, rather than ask us typical interview questions. The last portion of the interview was where we had to put together an outfit. We had to be able to describe the kind of woman that would wear this outfit, where she works, and where she is going while wearing this outfit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

Interview

I received a call about a week after applying online to come in for an interview. The Interview was intended to be a group interview between 3 of us, but I was the only one who showed up so it turned out to be one on one. It was fairly short, maybe about 20 minutes, and just standard Interview Questions such as tell me about yourself, why Banana Republic, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your style inspiration from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Juan, PR) in June 2014.

Interview

Apply online. Group interview where they ask general questions about why they should hire you, why you want to work there, etc. Then they choose a few people to pass to the second stage of the interview where they send you to a section of the store and ask you to sell them an outfit. They will later call you to offer you the job if you are to be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Mine was a 1 v. 1 interview. Typical corporate, retail interview questions. Lasts about 30 minutes. In my area they are so desperate for people that it does not take much to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is retail, so none.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

The manager asks questions about you, it is very conversational. The manager starts behavioral based questions on how you will handle a situation if it occurred. Then about how you work with others. It is very relaxed. No need to overthink your answers.

Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Victor, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple and easy going. My interviewer, who is also one of the store leaders, asked about my previous experience, my availability and why I applied to Banana Republic. The particular store I applied to in Victor, NY believes in the brand and looks for potential hires who can buy into the company culture. I arrived early to look at the merchandise because expected to have to select an outfit based on the feedback on glassdoor but I didn't have to any of that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, I found out everyone hired was given the same rate ($8.85) which goes up to $10 (Gap Inc. minimum wage) after 6-month apprenticeship period ends.

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (McAllen, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was great. They did a good job scheduling a time and I was seen as soon as I arrived at the location. 2 part interview. First was a group interview then individual. I got called right after the first interview and set up a second interview two days after. Immediately after my second interview, I got a job offer, which I accepted there and then.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your previous job when you felt that you made helped and unhappy customer leave satisfied.   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Interview

Simple and straight-forward questions. They asked me several questions about customer service and past experiences on providing service. Very easy-going environment and felt comfortable with the questions and the whole interview process.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to set up an interview. It was a group interview with five other individuals and the assistant manager. It was a very relaxed environment and she just asked us questions about ourselves and then we went to the floor to pick out an outfit for a special occasion. I received a call about a week later asking to work for them. Ps. I had no prior retail experience.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple and easy. Long process of watching videos and training but I would rather have extensive training than being thrown to the dogs.

I got the call for an interview around 5 days after I applied online. They asked simple questions but dress your best and research new trends. Things they like: riding boots, layering of clothing like sheer blouses/tank tops underneath boatneck sweaters or cropped shirts, accessory layering (long and short necklaces, watches and bracelets), nice flats or heels. This will ensure the person doing the hiring/interviews that you are ready to work and have a good sense of style to help the customers find things/recommend items.

Become somewhat knowledgeable about who Marissa Webb is. This year launched her first line of clothing with Banana and it's a pretty big deal, they WILL mention her in the interview.

They ask for your availability and will most likely ask if you can help on Shipment days which are generally Mondays and Thursdays except for if there is roll-out, it's Tuesdays and Thursdays. The shift starts at 5:30am but they usually let you go around 10:30 if you're part time.

They are very generous with their flexibility so don't be afraid to let them know if you have another job/school/activities. It will most likely not harm you in getting the job.

You are not asked to wear Banana clothes, just clothes that resemble the brand "look". If you have clothing from J Crew, Express, etc, you can wear it but avoid anything with a brand directly on it, especially jeans. American Eagle, Hollister, Levi, Express, etc have their "jean logo" printed on the pocket which makes it noticeable that you are wearing another brands jeans and you don't want a customer coming up to you saying, "I really like those jeans, where did you get them?" and have to tell them that they're not from Banana. If you don't want to buy new jeans, just make sure your shirt is covering your pockets well enough. Avoid sneakers that openly say Vans, Sketchers, Nike on it or flats that have Tory Burch's or Michael Kors' signature emblem on the toe. I would honestly suggest that if you need sneakers that look like Vans, buy the knock offs from Target or cut the Vans tag off. I buy my flats from Banana or from Target, they're usually simple enough that I don't get questions.

After my interview, I was offered the job probably 3 days later with a starting pay of 8.75 and a guaranteed raise up to 9.00 after 6 months. The rest of the hiring process includes, try on sessions, learning about the fabric and fit, orientations, cashier training, learning to sell, learning about the Banana Card which is the only real stickler about this job (SELL SELL SELL THE CARD! You do receive incentives for how many cards you get in a week), etc

The nice thing is, they do NOT throw you in blind. Another nice thing is, if you work a holiday (I worked Memorial Day and just found this out) you get paid "time and a half" so you get paid the 8.75 plus 4.38 (half of 8.75) so you're making roughly 13.12 an hour. Which is a total benefit considering you have to be there on a holiday.

There are so many benefits to this job and it's truly a great place to work for! Just remember the 50% off discount. You don't have to wear Banana clothes but I guarantee, you will. So do your research and good luck!

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?   1 Answer