Banana Republic Customer Experience Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Customer Experience Supervisor Interview Questions

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable. I was promoted within so my experience will probably be different than most. But very straight forward and to the point. The honestly want to know if you have the Customer Service mindset/Personality.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application. Got a call. Scheduled an interview. Did the interview. Bam. Got a call back. Did another interview. Got an offer. Took the offer. Overall it was very quick. They know exactly what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you showed leadership skills?
      Talk about a time you had great customer experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed in person with a General Manager and HR Manager. Both were very friendly and open. The second interview happened via phone 3 weeks later with the District Manager. She was a bit cynical but very transparent. Overall a good experience, but the lag time between interviews made me very anxious.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

1st Interview - GM of store
    2nd Interview - DM phone interview
    3rd Interview - GM of store again

Interview Questions

• Be ready for a bunch of hypothetical questions that you will not know the answer to without knowing company policy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered far less than I expected. I mentioned this, and after a background check and the GM discussing it with the DM, they offered me $0.50 more. It's still less than what I want, but they will bend a little bit.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Group interview, was asked a few questions in the group which means fewer opportunities to stand out or speak freely. To stand out, you must have a great personality, be approachable, and know how to think on your toes at all times. They also want to see how you interact with others in the group and if you're outgoing and not shy, so speak and and be respectful.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to help multiple customers at once?   1 Answer

Customer Experience Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Banana Republic in January 2012.

Interview

I was already a part of Gap Inc so the interview process was different for me. I was able to contact managers at stores with open positions via email and tell them about myself.
    With BR I contacted a recruiter and she did an initial interview.
    I interviewed with the DM and an unsuspecting store manager who didn't realize I was interviewing for a position at her store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got the money that I asked for. I was sent an offer through email and had to accept it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

There was an available position that I interviewed for. The interview was extensive and thorough, but an opportunity to showcase my skill set. I never met the general manager prior to our interview but she was informative, very careful with her questions regarding business, teamwork and confronting others.

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Brentwood, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I had to interview with both the District Manager as well as the manager of the store before being offered a job. The store manager was first and then I came back another day to speak with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to this store that is unique to you that sets you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I was not able to negotiate as they were not accepting to negotiate.

Customer Experience Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2011.

Interview

Situational questions. Previous experience. Customer focus. Management style.The woman I interviewed with was not very friendly and left me with a bad impression of how it would be to work in her location.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was upset about a policy change?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to motivate an employee.   1 Answer

The pay was very low based on my experience and the fact that I had spent 10 years working for the company.

Customer Experience Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from the US for a 20 minute phone interview with basic questions. Then I was invited to the store for a 2:1 interview where I met two store managers, this lasted for 1 hour. It was a very positive interview with behavioural questions but also general discussion about our industry. Finally I had an interview with the district manager. After this I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I declined the initial offer because it didn't meet my salary expectations. A couple of weeks later I was called and offered the position again with a higher salary, and I accepted.