Banana Republic General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic General Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Banana Republic

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

First had a phone interview with recruiter... than met with DM and a senior store manager. Than had another phone interview with a DM from the city.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what about the last time you did something at your current job that you love to do that you normally do not get a chance to do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary they try to bring you in at min. they have three tiers min. mid and max... aim for max

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2016.

Interview

Interview with recruiter, DM, and RM. Also had a panel interview with other General Managers. It was a fairly quick process overall with not much lag time in between each step of the process.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about experience. Not really standard interview questions   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic in December 2016.

Interview

Very organized, succinct and open communication throughout the process. Exposure to multiple leaders of varying tenure during interview process. Spoke with recruiter, DM, met DM personally, panel interview then quick RM phone interview prior to offer.

Interview Questions

• The panel was the most difficult part as it was rapid fire questions from leaders at all experience levels.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Phoneton, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

First interview with recruiter, second interview with store manger and third with DM. Was very positive. Asked a lot of questions about how would you manage your team. The interview process was slow. A lot of waiting to here back for the recruiter before I went to the next interview.

Interview Questions

• About work history, pay, how will you rally team to win.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Louisville, KY) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by the Company recruiter, then another store manager, followed by the District Manager. I was an internal candidate and applied within. I was currently working as an assistant manager at Old Navy. I was first contacted by the recruiter. I then traveled to Cincinnati to interview with another General Manager. I then had an interview with the District Manager over the phone. A few days later I was contacted by the recruiter who offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about someone you developed and promoted   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Jose, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Interview with Recruiter
    Interview with District Manager
    Interview with peer group
    Interview with Regional District Manager

Interview Questions

• All questions where skill base and self examing. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter offer a salary. It was more than I was making and I accepted.