Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.6

100 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Group interview, very nice. Asked standard interview questions like why I wanted to work in retail. They also had us order an item, reserve it in store and then proceed to build an outfit around it.

Banana Republic, Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Arlington, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied roughly 2.5 weeks ago, and got called in to do an interview. It was a group interview with 2 other individuals ( which took me by surprise). The hiring manager didn’t really ask an actual question, he more so just wanted our availability statuses. He was super chill and lenient, which made our interview go by in about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer
    • Why drew you to apply to BR?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the University Village store in Seattle, WA. Received an email back within a few days asking if I would come in for a group interview. Interview was with 3 others. Conversation was smooth and comfortable, with good communication all around.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I have worked for two locations previously so I figured getting rehired at the Pentagon City location would be a breeze. It took 7 weeks before I got scheduled for an interview, but only after I called and called, they never contacted me. The interview was done in a group, we were talked at/lectured for an hour and a half, I was lectured on how I did not sell the manager a box of wipes correctly when he tested us though he never bothered to see if we knew the actual merchandise. He seemed on a bit of a power trip, very critical, did not ask any real questions and only lectured on how screw ups were always our fault no matter what. Over all a very negative experience just to work part time folding clothes at a mall, get a grip and be realistic.

Interview Questions

• Who are our biggest competitors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applief online and got an email back about 3 weeks afterwards. It was a group interview with about 6 other candidates. The majority of the candidates had years of retail experience. The hiring manafer said they were looking for genuine people they can trust

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult challenge you faced and how did you overcome it
      How do you cope with changing environment
      What do you think of the banana republic image
      What are you wearing and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Riverhead, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. It seemed like it took forever just to get the interview started. I was told about the company, asked when was a time I had great customer service, I was told to pick out an outfit for a "male" best friend that would be business causual for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Glendale, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call to set up an interview day. Showed up to the interview and the manager was not prepared for the interview. She asked a bunch of questions that were not related to the position that i had applied for. After 30 minutes she tells me that she's looking for a fashionista. I was like realllyy. She told me she was gonna interview more people and if i didn't hear from her after a week i could call her. Never called me back. I knew I didn't get the job as soon as I left.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Knoxville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. It went well and was very pleasant. I was invited to come back the following week for a second interview with the district manager. This was also pleasant and I thought it went well. No real hard questions were asked basic management questions. I was told that I would get a call within the next two days. I received an EMAIL the following day that they went with the other applicant. It is totally unprofessional to send an email after several interviews to say they went with another applicant. I already knew that the management did not like confrontation or to have "difficult" conversations from our original interview, but it is cowardly to not pick up the phone and have common courtesy. I will no longer be shopping with Banana

Interview Questions

• Management style
      What would I change in the store
      Basic questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Paramus, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

They contacted you over email and met for a mores informal interview at the store in the back room. It was a one on one interview, you and the manager, and took about 10-15 minutes.

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Littleton, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online after stopping in the store to meet manager. I went from store to store asking about openings. In one store the manager was present. I introduced myself, expressed an interest and asked to set an interview time. I interviewed for 1hr with manager. Thought we hit it off well. Two days later I interviewed with the regional. No offer was made so I didn't win the spot.