Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.2

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Lansing, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Calm. Relaxed. I was interviewed by a store leader and then did a role play scenario with a customer looking for an outfit for a casual occasion, I was given 10-15 minutes to pick out a few outfits. I suggest going in early and getting a feel for the store and its merchandise.

Interview Questions

• Why BR? What are your interest? What are your challenges? Strengths? Best shopping experience you've had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I have worked for two locations previously so I figured getting rehired at the Pentagon City location would be a breeze. It took 7 weeks before I got scheduled for an interview, but only after I called and called, they never contacted me. The interview was done in a group, we were talked at/lectured for an hour and a half, I was lectured on how I did not sell the manager a box of wipes correctly when he tested us though he never bothered to see if we knew the actual merchandise. He seemed on a bit of a power trip, very critical, did not ask any real questions and only lectured on how screw ups were always our fault no matter what. Over all a very negative experience just to work part time folding clothes at a mall, get a grip and be realistic.

Interview Questions

• Who are our biggest competitors?   1 Answer

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Basically they asked the question about the portfolio and briefly get information about my background, and explained the internship program, how many projects I will do during the internship, and what kind of activities we will have on Friday and etc.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Estero, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

GM called to schedule an interview. Was offered the position after meeting for approximately 1 hour. Direct questions, a lot of focus on management style and previous experience. Leaders should have sales, customer service, and personnel management experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one area of opportunity that you think we have in this store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applief online and got an email back about 3 weeks afterwards. It was a group interview with about 6 other candidates. The majority of the candidates had years of retail experience. The hiring manafer said they were looking for genuine people they can trust

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult challenge you faced and how did you overcome it
      How do you cope with changing environment
      What do you think of the banana republic image
      What are you wearing and why
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Riverhead, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. It seemed like it took forever just to get the interview started. I was told about the company, asked when was a time I had great customer service, I was told to pick out an outfit for a "male" best friend that would be business causual for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Glendale, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call to set up an interview day. Showed up to the interview and the manager was not prepared for the interview. She asked a bunch of questions that were not related to the position that i had applied for. After 30 minutes she tells me that she's looking for a fashionista. I was like realllyy. She told me she was gonna interview more people and if i didn't hear from her after a week i could call her. Never called me back. I knew I didn't get the job as soon as I left.

Interview Questions

• Who is your hero?   1 Answer
    • Name a company that is banana republic's competition   Answer Question
    • Do you keep up with fashion trends and do you buy fashion magazines   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a relaxed, mostly informal interview with an assistant manager. The interviewer asked about past experience and how it would relate to working at Banana Republic. Asked about your personal style (where you shop, your style icon), past work experience, what you know about the brand, etc.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Knoxville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. It went well and was very pleasant. I was invited to come back the following week for a second interview with the district manager. This was also pleasant and I thought it went well. No real hard questions were asked basic management questions. I was told that I would get a call within the next two days. I received an EMAIL the following day that they went with the other applicant. It is totally unprofessional to send an email after several interviews to say they went with another applicant. I already knew that the management did not like confrontation or to have "difficult" conversations from our original interview, but it is cowardly to not pick up the phone and have common courtesy. I will no longer be shopping with Banana

Interview Questions

• Management style
      What would I change in the store
      Basic questions
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Monroe, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

They were really nice. They basically just asked about school, what your hobbies were. You won't be grilled, it is really just a conversation. Seriously, I freaked out over nothing in this interview. My advice is to breathe, and obviously dress well. Try and be outgoing, and try not to zone out. If you get scared look right above their head and talk; You'll be great :)