Banana Republic Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.0

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Auburn, WA).

Interview

Mostly questions about fashion as well as own sense of fashion and what you think it means. Asked about what my favorite statement piece of fashion is. Asked why I wanted to work here what it meant for me and why I applied

Interview Questions

• Pick an outfit for date night from our store   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Concord, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with 2 other candidates and one employee. Theinterview consisted of cards with questions you picked and had to answer. No two people got the same question.

Interview Questions

• Go out and pick an entire outfit for someone that is going to a formal event.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Hershey, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

easy, offered me a higher position, asked basic questions about my work ethic, style, interests, etc. went quickly. interviewer was nice. went through two interviews when i decided to apply for higher position. Both were relatively informal and easy. Found out after i accepted the position that scheduling was not as they had informed me in the interview. didnt get schedule on time.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Fresno, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Not too many scenario questions. Had a couple questions to see how much we are into fashion. I would suggest engaging into the group interview and coming off very welcoming and friendly , yet sophisticated,

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

It was straight forward. It was a group interview with 3 other people. Basic interview questions were asked. Then we were given 20 minutes to pick out 2 outfits. One for an older customer, and one for a younger below 25 customer. Since I'm a male I was asked to pick out for a male customer. After that we presented our outfits and we're asked why we chose our picks. I highly suggest learning about the history of the company and its relationship with gap when it was bought out to make others lackluster in comparison. Also, the current key people, and the type of style found in banana. Dress like you belong there so definitely look at the banana republic website to get an idea.

Interview Questions

• Top 3 qualitues?
      What I know about the company?
      A basic description of myself including school and hobbies?
      Why banana republic?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was planning for 10 an hr and was offered 11.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Received a call a week or so after submitting my application from their hiring manager. She set up an interview that week with me. I had one 15 minute interview, very standard questions for a retail interview nothing unexpected really. I was told at the end of the interview that my application would be accepted pending a background check. I was called five days later to be told that everything had come back fine and that if I was still interested, training would be that Saturday.

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Tysons Corner, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Process did not take that long. I applied online, got a call the next day. Went in for an interview the same day they called me, and the next day they called me back and offered me a position. I even had my orientation the same day, and the next day I was training. So far I like it, if they really serious the hiring process is fast. Which is good if you need a job and quick and dont want to wait weeks for an answer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about folding?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are really good with negotiation, but it also depends on your experience. I asked them for $10 (have worked at 2 macys, a kohls, and at davids bridal) and when they offered me a job it was for $10 hr.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Omaha, NE) in August 2014.

Interview

I loved the interview process. It was a group interview with two other people. We sat in a circle with the hiring manager, which made it more welcoming. The hiring manager was super nice and funny. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes and we found out if we got the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• -An example of a time you went out of your way to help someone.
      -If you are in school, how are you involved in your school?
      -Who are your fashion interests/inspirations?
          And my personal favorite:
      -"Sell" an item of clothing that you are wearing.
         This is when you can be really creative and show the hiring manager your salesperson skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Fairly painless. Dress nicely as it is a "higher-end" retail store, especially if it's a flagship store. It's a two part interview process: group then individual. And as long as you tell them what they want to hear, i.e. "If a customer is yelling at me, I'll apologize for causing them problems and come up with a solution that works for them" then you're very likely to get to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• What three stores would you shop at in the area?   1 Answer
    • What celebrities do you look to as style icons?   1 Answer
    • How do you keep up with the latest fashion trends? Which magazines do you like to read?   1 Answer

Sales Associate & Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Commerce, CA).

Interview

I applied in person in early February. Surprisingly got a call for an interview 3 months later. I walked in and told the front desk person that I was there for an interview and they said that I should go look for the hiring manager ____. After I had found the hiring manager, I was told to go on the sales floor and just look around. Taking my knowledge from the other glassdoor reviews, I took the time to look around and mentally put outfits in my head together. As I was walking around, I noticed several other nicely groomed and freshly dressed individuals at which point I realized it was a group interview of 7 including myself. After about 10 minutes of awkwardly walking around, the hiring manager found each one of us and brought us to the lunch room where he gave us a group interview. Like everyone else said, anyone can answer at any time. Tip: Make sure to answer each and every question. After around 25 minutes of questions, we were told that the last part of our interview would be an activity portion in which we would have to act out a situation in which we were to assist a "customer" (being the hiring manager) in buying a new outfit. After I acted out my portion, I was told I could leave.

For all of you wondering just as I was, it goes interview, background check, job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a call from the same person that called me for an interview. He said that the pay would be $9 and should I choose to accept it, I would need to attend the orientation the following week. No negotiation, you either take it or you leave it .